It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

vkey08

Why Because she has an opinion and isn't afraid to put it forward? I have opinions as well, I put them out every day, should I be repressed or be called sophistic for it? I don't think so..

The fact that you cannot handle an opinion coming from a woman, makes me form yet another opinion of you as a person.. 1) you are a troll that is just trying to offend to get a reaction, or 2) I cannot say in polite company.

We women are just as entitled to an opinion as any men are.. we are all humans..

Of course women should not be allowed to express an opinion.

This is because the opinions of women are very much influenced by their system of "selective perception."

Selective perception is a mental screening mechanism whereby only that which conforms to an individual's belief system is allowed into a person's mental processes AND ALL ELSE IS ELIMINATED FROM CONSIDERATION, no matter how factual... no matter how relevant.

For example, White Alice considered one and only one exception to a general rule, to wit, her superwoman sister, to make it seem that my stated general rule about women was wrong. At the same time, her selective perception eliminated from consideration scores and scores of other examples which would support the general rule.

Actually, we don't even know if the exception cited by White Alice was true. Maybe it was false, but due to White Alice's selective perception she would not consider any evidence about her sister to this effect.

And if the exception cited were, in fact, true, then do we know for how long it would hold true before the realm of the superwoman sister went toxic (as is always the case. This is an ABSOLUTE RULE!)

When you try to break down the selective perception barriers of a woman to get to her and reason with her properly, she will go TILT, and, within a split second, she will go berserk.

P.M. (P.S. Facts are facts about women, and facts will stand no matter what you chose to call me and no matter how strong your selective perception is. You now have my permission to go berserk.)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

hehehehehehehe

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by theworldisnotenough

P.S. Facts are facts about women, and facts will stand no matter what you chose to call me and no matter how strong your selective perception is.

Where can we find the scientific research papers and peer reviewed methods for the discovery of these facts. Surely you don't expect men or women to just accept what you have said as fact without a scientific source! So, source please!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

vkey08
Why Because she has an opinion and isn't afraid to put it forward? I have opinions as well, I put them out every day, should I be repressed or be called sophistic for it? I don't think so..

The fact that you cannot handle an opinion coming from a woman, makes me form yet another opinion of you as a person.. 1) you are a troll that is just trying to offend to get a reaction, or 2) I cannot say in polite company.

We women are just as entitled to an opinion as any men are.. we are all humans..

Precisely what these and many other men would prefer. They would prefer to keep you quiet and obviously my own opinion should be silenced too because we go against the traditions of the male-dominated society

The fact is these guys are scared and uncomfortable with women's opinions or anything that threatens to become progressive

There see guys? I can make assumptions too

But what do I know? I'm just trying to sleep with White Alice -shrug-

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

KyoZero

vkey08

Precisely what these and many other men would prefer. They would prefer to keep you quiet and obviously my own opinion should be silenced too because we go against the traditions of the male-dominated society

The fact is these guys are scared and uncomfortable with women's opinions or anything that threatens to become progressive

There see guys? I can make assumptions too

But what do I know? I'm just trying to sleep with White Alice -shrug-

All this talk. . . . making my tiny man-brain hurt!

"Sleeping with White Alice" would make a great name for a band though. . . .

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Or from these "opressed" women's point of view, the band name "Alice in Chains" would be good too.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The only thing I know about women (aside from being married 24 years) is from the bible.

When Jesus was asked by John (or Luke or Ringo, I forget) about women, Jesus said, "Women be trippin' yo."

That has always stayed with me.

Words to live by.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

If you don't want to follow what is accepted logical thinking, then that's your business. Overall, the onus on the proof of whether a valid generalization exists is upon the declarant along with also proving that such behaviors do not exist in the opposite gender. The act of knocking competitors down off the corporate ladder is not specific to any one gender but can be a behavior found in both. Again, faulty generalization inclusive of cherry picking coupled with confirmation bias.

I already told you twice that I think that his statement is a generalization, maybe even a faulty one. My point is that your single example of your sister does not disprove the statement, it only does if you generalize the example, llike you did, like I said, about 5 times by now.

This is completely logical. You can qoute fancy links too look smart all you want but that is meaningless, sis.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Would you be willing to answer these questions now maybe? Maybe your explanation would allow me to see your point of view in a new light.

Would that be too much too ask of you, a request for clarification?

Again, I ask you, who are the "others" you have to constantly prove yourself to? This statement caused the most confusion to me, maybe you can explain. And what kind of scenarios do you encounter where females are treated unequally or unfair in the Western world, where you as a married man must intervene, or feel insulted?

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

jacygirl

Kinda like how you went from,

I had a strange man come up to me downtown when I was getting in my family minivan, who told me I was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen....and that I would be a lovely afternoon distraction.

to,

Why can't some men get it through their heads, that walking up to a strange woman in the street and saying, "Wanna f***?" is NOT a freaking compliment? Ugh.

Or some more irony,

You,

Seriously? A strange man wants an afternoon delight, while I'm running errands for my kids...and I'm supposed to be flattered?

Me,( a strange man)

But is that you in your avatar looking all hot and beautiful glancing up with desire filled eyes like you are desperetely waiting for something..... gurrrl, what's your sign?

You,

No baby, it's not me. It's a character from Game of Thrones. *sigh* I'm a Sagittarius, honest to a fault, lol. What's YOUR sign?

LOL.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

WhiteAlice
reply to post by FancyName

Overall, the onus on the proof of whether a valid generalization exists is upon the declarant along with also proving that such behaviors do not exist in the opposite gender. The act of knocking competitors down off the corporate ladder is not specific to any one gender but can be a behavior found in both.

Do such behaviors exist in the opposite gender?

Well, of course, these behaviors are true of both genders. Absolutely.

This is because under the auspices of the Equal Employment Opportunity laws with females' being shoehorned into jobs with the full force of the federal, state and local governments behind them, the only males in the workplace who go along with the insanity of political correctness are grossly inferior ones who possess a female mentality in the cranium department.

So, White Alice, you are not pointing to real males. You are pointing to SHEMALES!

Look to the leadership of the U.S. military. They tolerate G.I. Janes there. Is it any wonder why my father was right when he said that the United States will never win another war?

Honor is a male construct. Despite their false front, females are clueless as to what honor is.

Narcissism is a female construct. What else would you expect from a creature who spends an ungodly amount of time before a mirror applying face paint? Narcissism goes to the heart of female selfishness that the original poster ranted about in this Rant forum.

P.M.
edit on 9-4-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Since I don't feel like quoting your whole diatribe, I would like to ask what these supposed "facts about women" are that "no matter what" will be "facts" and nothing can change that. The only real fact I know about women (myself included is) that unlike Men, we can give birth.

NO small feat in itself..

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

theworldisnotenough
Dear White Alice:

You make a very good case why females should be totally repressed and not be allowed any say in anything.

You, like your sisters, are very sophistic.

Sophistry poses a never ending burden on the correct side of a debate.

P.M.
edit on 8-4-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Corrected typo

I'll actually take your sophistry comment. I was absolutely trying to educate into the logical issues with generalizing statements. One of the biggest problems within the US is that most people do not go through school ever learning how to think logically and critically. This is a known issue very particular to the US and it's called "filling a gap". If anything, I would say the lack of knowing the difference in value between deductive and inductive reasoning, fallacies, and more are probably one of the largest core problems within this country.

I don't think I've seen any from outside of the US on this thread, have you? Maybe it's because they do learn logic in school...

P.S. I'd prefer to help educate my fellow human being than rant like a lunatic any day.
edit on 9/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The transition is because a. she was attempting to be friendly and b. she was making a crack at hitting on total strangers. You can try to twist her words all you want but I see through you.

reply to post by beezzer

Grow up.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The transition is because a. she was attempting to be friendly and b. she was making a crack at hitting on total strangers. You can try to twist her words all you want but I see through you.

Twist her words? All I did was qoute her. The words speak for itself.

Off course you think it was all a joke by her but you don't seem to realize that the joke is on her, walked right into my trap.

So first she claims one thing, then a similar situation presents itself, does the exact opposite.....

Seems bad timing for a joke, and counterproductive.

Again your woman brain does not compute logic.

I don't think I've seen any from outside of the US on this thread, have you? Maybe it's because they do learn logic in school...

Western European here.

edit on 9-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

reply to post by beezzer

Grow up.

Hahahahahahaha

Funny!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

FancyName

Twist her words? All I did was qoute her. The words speak for itself.

Off course you think it was all a joke by her but you don't seem to realize that the joke is on her, walked right into my trap.

So first she claims one thing, then a similar situation presents itself, does the exact opposite.....

Seems bad timing for a joke, and counterproductive.

Again your woman brain does not compute logic.

Western European here.

Then you are the exception that disproves that the individuals here are predominately within the US. Then again, it's very easy to make oppositional claims on the internet, isn't it? One could claim that they have a sister lacking an arm as well just to play at being offended. I tend towards the principle of charity though.

Actually, I have seen a number of other posters note your behaviors and attempts to manipulate statements against a person. I've made such an observation myself both in your responses to me and to others as well. Ad hominems get you nowhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Then you are the exception that disproves that the individuals here are predominately within the US.

OMG......

Again, the exception of me being European does not disprove the claim that participants are predominantly from the US.

It´s just too difficult to understand I guess.

Actually, I have seen a number of other posters note your behaviors and attempts to manipulate statements against a person.

Where they of the female persuasion?

I've made such an observation myself both in your responses to me and to others as well.

Please, first you accuse me of twisting her words, then I respond that I just qouted her own words which you can't deny, then you ignore that response and comeback with vague accusations without any substance.

"But me and my girls say so....

Ad hominems get you nowhere.

Exactly, you have failed miserably.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

My original statement and yes, it is actually worded to be uncertain. Glad we agree, then, that the people posting on this thread are predominately from the US. As far as the other posters go, both male and female have made remarks. And as far as ad hominems go, anyone who reduces their argument down to ad hominems are actually committing a very large logical fallacy. It also tends to be a sign that they have nothing better to offer than insulting and attacking. Strategically, committing an ad hominem fallacy is actually a sign that an individual is losing a logical debate and has descended into utilizing irrelevant factors as insults to their opponent's position.

I avoid ad hominems personally. When I have actually engaged in such things, I'm very effective at it. I chose not to.

P.S. You are still an exception.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join