It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women No Longer Care

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by InTheLight

Of course not. I would sacrifice everything, for the needs of my child (dont have them yet, just got maried a few weeks agao), that includes my job, and my man card!..LOL

I just don't see where you draw the line(s) as to which responsibilities in the relationship on a private level would nullify a man card from your deck; taking out the trash?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I was asking a question to a specific poster as per information received from that poster.

Yes I can read. So?

You could've just answered my honest question, but I guess you have your reasons for sidestepping it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

FancyName

I was asking a question to a specific poster as per information received from that poster.

Yes I can read. So?

You could've just answered my honest question, but I guess you have your reasons for sidestepping it.

Yes, I do - reread your past posts maybe that will clue you in.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Im just saying losing a gender identity. Taking care of a child is the responsibility of both parents, but on the same token, being a stay at home dad, kind of blurs the lines of gender issues. Thats my point.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

But you are willing to waste two posts telling me you wont answer a simple question, for clarification?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

Im just saying losing a gender identity. Taking care of a child is the responsibility of both parents, but on the same token, being a stay at home dad, kind of blurs the lines of gender issues. Thats my point.

Fair enough, but that is your personal point of view and not all men feel that way.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by WhiteAlice

You nailed it! You said exactly what I wanted to...I just suck at it!

That was the point of my original post!

Consensus has been reached! High five!

After I responded to you, I wanted to add that I have gone to large scale gaming lans to play competitively and have run into some of my former harassers at those. Most of the time, they actually are pretty cowed and downright apologetic when I approach them. However, there has been instances where they stayed nasty. During a competition, I actually had a guy on the opposing team very loudly, clearly and notably sexually harass me as we were walking to our stations (complete with hip thrusts and a shout that I was going to get raped) in front of probably 400 other gamers. The people in charge of this convention actually approached my team, apologized to me and "hired us" as in-game hit men. We won a special prize for "grinding them in the dust". After the game, I walked over and every one of his teammates were complementary and shook my hand. He didn't. He was livid. So some are really very much the way that they presents themselves online and offline but, thankfully, most are capable of empathy and are not sadistic when confronted with reality.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I know that, and in my opinion, and thats just my opinion, I think they tend to be a bit more submisive. Its probably not the case, but that how I feel. So each side has feelings on the matter.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Kudos for kickin' ass! The whole rape thing, would have pissed me off, and I would have said something to him, and he should have been kicked out for that stuff, and or even arrested.

You still play online?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

I know that, and in my opinion, and thats just my opinion, I think they tend to be a bit more submisive. Its probably not the case, but that how I feel. So each side has feelings on the matter.

If you are referring to a woman in a man-woman relationship being submissive, I would put to you that probably in your newlywed experience your wife is compromising (more than she should) perhaps thinking that is what will make her a good wife (obedience). Just theorizing. By the way, did your wedding vows include for her to obey because I had that stricken from our vows and hubby agreed?

edit on 7-4-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Im talking about the men in the relationship. I dont want a submissive woman, they are boring. We both sacrifce, and we have been together for 3 years. I dont think women should be submissive at all.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Im talking about the men in the relationship.

For some this was completely clear from context. But no it turns into this,

I would put to you that probably in your newlywed experience your wife is compromising (more than she should) perhaps thinking that is what will make her a good wife (obedience).

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Tylerdurden1

Kudos for kickin' ass! The whole rape thing, would have pissed me off, and I would have said something to him, and he should have been kicked out for that stuff, and or even arrested.

You still play online?

Gaming communities are kind of funny as they have a survival of the fittest type of thinking. I'm also notorious for holding my own. My entire team was actually really ticked off but they deferred to me in so far as dealing with it. I just calmly called back to him that he should be careful about what he claimed he could do because, if it turned out to be wrong, then he'd look like a fool. We took it to the game entirely and completely immobilized them. The game had "dominations" within it where, if you killed the same player over 5 times without them getting revenge, you'd get a counter by your name. We all had every single one of them dominated. Having his entire team tell me that I was the best gamer they had ever seen was more salt in his wound, I'm sure. That was sufficient to me.

Yep, still do though my gaming rig is in need of a new liquid cooling system. Stuck on an old one so it makes playing games kind of a pain, lol. I don't play competitively anymore. I told myself after a really bad experience 16 years ago that I would never let people like that get me to quit playing a game. Every time I get harassed, it just guarantees that I'm going to stick around. I do it for my daughter so that when she starts gaming online, maybe it'll be a little bit better.

Of course, that probably means I'll be a gamer still when I'm a grandmother, LOL.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

FancyName
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

Im talking about the men in the relationship.

For some this was completely clear from context. But no it turns into this,

I would put to you that probably in your newlywed experience your wife is compromising (more than she should) perhaps thinking that is what will make her a good wife (obedience).

I know what you are doing here and again you need to now reread his previous post to that one, because you are the one that has an unclear context.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This thread is starting to make my head hurt....LOL>

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I know what you are doing here and again you need to now reread his previous post to that one, because you are the one that has an unclear context.

He was talking about men being submissive, which became clear from the logical progression of the conversation.

You assumed it was about his wife and even though it is an honest mistake, he wasn't asking for you to analyze his wife, or for you to clarify it, yet you told him his wife is possiby compromising more than she should, trying to be a good obedient wife.

Off course, the scenario you come up with is immediately one of a woman being held back by her man, basically.

edit on 7-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FancyName

I caught that as well but decided to let it go.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

FancyName

He was talking about men being submissive, which became clear from the logical progression of the conversation.

You assumed it was about his wife and even though it is an honest mistake, he wasn't asking for you to analyze his wife, or for you to clarify it, yet you told him his wife is possiby compromising more than she should, trying to be a good obedient wife.

Off course, the scenario you come up with is immediately one of a woman being held back by her man, basically.

edit on 7-4-2014 by FancyName because: (no reason given)

Actually, I see my error now, but I jumped on the word submissive and jumped ahead to another thought, so I apologize for that, but I did open up an interesting theory/fact as to why most women are submissive (being held back) in relationships, which you both have skipped over for whatever reasons.
edit on 8-4-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Tylerdurden1
reply to post by FancyName

I caught that as well but decided to let it go.

As above, I apologize for the misunderstanding, but I wanted to touch on why you consider it submissiveness and not compromise for the man? That really stood out as telltale.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
double post

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join