It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ugh.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
first time ever in the year i worked my job, just lost it cuz i was exhausted, half awake this am and slipped on the wrong shoes for work. guess i get to go around town and hopefully get two jobs. i was making 11 an hour. got lucky with this job. now this state i think only gives 7.25/hr and may get up to 20 hrs a week. keep your thoughts up that i'll find two jobs so i can keep my head above water.
tis my own fault for being not awake
if i could turn back time...... ;_;

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

That's a shame! They wouldn't even let you go home and get the proper pair of shoes on!? I hope for you to get a job that pays well and quickly!

Peace!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You got fired for slipping and falling? Even if you had the wrong shoes on, and/or were exhausted, as long as drugs or alcohol weren't in your system, most Workman's Comp is No Fault, and it's illegal to fire an employee for an accident.

Get a lawyer!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You were fired for wearing the wrong shoes ?
I didn't read where you fell at work. I read you slipped on the wrong shoes which to me means you put on the wrong shoes not that you slipped anywhere. If you did fall you must file workers comp no matter what shoes you had on.
Is this the first time you violated the dress code? If so you work for a dick anyway so no great loss. I hope you get a better job.

(post by signalfire removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I was exhausted because I recently changed to day shift from almost a year on overnight shift, and I'm suffering severe post op pains which exhaust me. But thank you for judging me as you did. It's so simple to judge text, isn't it? Do not forget that a living person is behind said text.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yes, you are a person and I sympathize with you for losing your job, this is a bad time to lose a job but there are also people reading what you post. You implied in your OP that the reason you lost your job is because you put on the wrong shoes and you gave exhaustion as the reason for putting on the wrong shoes. The very real people reading this have been around long enough to know that while the shoes may have been an excuse for firing you it probably wasn't the real reason.

I wish you luck in your job search, I sincerely mean that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Goteborg

Thanks
I'm filling out a ton of apps right now. I'm hopeful in getting a Pharmacy tech job, actually. I'm keeping my hopes and head high. Everything happens for reasons after all.

It's a shame I lost this job though. I was training to become management, roughly 50k a year. Things go as they go though. Something better must be in the future that I wouldn't have gotten were I still with that other company.
edit on 3-4-2014 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

sarra1833

Thanks
I'm filling out a ton of apps right now. I'm hopeful in getting a Pharmacy tech job, actually. I'm keeping my hopes and head high. Everything happens for reasons after all.

It's a shame I lost this job though. I was training to become management, roughly 50k a year. Things go as they go though. Something better must be in the future that I wouldn't have gotten were I still with that other company.
edit on 3-4-2014 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

It's gotta hurt to lose the income but as long as you don't have a criminal record you're better off as a Pharmacy Tech. My youngest brother has been going through this, he gets hired after a period of unemployment, the company keeps him for 90 or so days and then he and everyone else gets fired for trumped up reasons and a new crop of previously unemployed people are brought in. It has nothing to do with performance, it has to do with tax breaks employers receive in the first 3 months of employment of a previously unemployed worker.

If they had been serious about grooming you for management they wouldn't have fired you for wearing the wrong shoes, the reason may not have anything at all to do with you, you're better off in the long run without them. Try to keep your head up and good luck.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

What a disgusting comment. Do you need a tissue paper from your nose bleed from being so high on your horse .

Showing up tired is a giving , in my field of work changing from days to night shift is only really a 8 hours of break

Ever have a baby keep you up all night .. ya those are fun nights . Ever have insomnia . Insomnia is my personal favorite 2 hours left till work and I am still staring at my ceiling.

Gee imagine the world we would live in if everyone was like you condescending and passing judgment on those who you don't even know , ya you got some great character form there I can tell you must be a pillar of your community ..

To the OP keep your head up you will find something I wish you the best of luck in your search
edit on 3/4/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Thanks Goteborg. I started there on the day shift and it was hard so I moved to the overnight shift which was great for me. Time passed, started training, rumors from jealous workers started and got so bad I went to days.

Shoot I had to get a restraining order against one of the workers as he tried to force his way into my home but that's another story for another day.

Kinda glad I'm out of there, hindsight being what it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

[snip]

How did you know his lifestyle with just the OP?
edit on 3-4-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

sarra1833

I was exhausted because I recently changed to day shift from almost a year on overnight shift, and I'm suffering severe post op pains which exhaust me. But thank you for judging me as you did. It's so simple to judge text, isn't it? Do not forget that a living person is behind said text.

Don't worry about some persons who have nothing but cruel words and unkind thoughts for everyone. Someday they may need a word of kindness and it won't be there.
The sad thing is the wide road is full of those who gives stars to the cruel and vicious personal attacks!

I am wondering if maybe you could ask to have a talk with your supervisor sometimes it works a little sit down and explain, I am sorry and it won't happen again. Even if unfair it would be worth it if you don't have to scrounge for another job they are hard to find.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I hope you are buying lottery tickets ... your psychic ability is amazing.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Just going to chime in that your comments are deplorable and presumptuous. The OP is, no doubt, probably pretty upset and depressed about her change in circumstances and certainly does not need someone passing unwarranted and unsubstantiated judgment upon her. Even your attack on her lack of capitalization is meaningless really as it's not a measure of intelligence. If that were the case, then well, ee cummings would've never become such an eminent poet and playwright. Sometimes people may drop the capitalization to display a sense of humility or quiet. It's rather like the opposite of using all caps to "shout" via text.
edit on 3/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: corrected just in case, thanks freedomSlave

edit on 3/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: gender confirmed by calstorm

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Pertty sure sarra is a female

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

freedomSlave
Pertty sure sarra is a female

But the avatar is a dude!
lol Thanks, freedomSlave. Corrected it to be more gender ambiguous.

Hang in there, sarra.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

[snip] Those of us who know you on here know you are an amazingly strong woman who has had a lot of obstacles to overcome. I have faith that you are going to find a better job. Life is tough but you are tougher.
edit on 3-4-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

(post by signalfire removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Never underestimate the capacity of empathy within your fellow human beings or gauge it as being similar to your own. It's a fundamental mistake to pass judgment on others with little information about who they are and what they have done in their lifetimes . People can be very surprising. As far as helping sarra goes, I would if I could give some level of assistance to her. I've done so in the past. Unfortunately, I am not currently able to do so due to my own circumstances being changed for the time being. If you want a target to also call a loser, I slipped and fell, too, and that's how I ended up in my position. I fell right down a set of stairs, resulting in damage to my neck and issues with cranial swelling. What a loser I am for slipping and falling down some stairs. That make you feel better about yourself?

edit on 3/4/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join