It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye and thank you Rodin...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to
have never loved at all. For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you.
For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly.
For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures.
I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever.
You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique.
Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Your Pets In Heaven

by Ken D. Conover

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
My most sincere condolences.

Losing a family member never gets easy.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. Their lessons of loyalty and companionship never fail to shake the heart upon remembering that moment we realized they were gone. I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'm right there with a helpless tear, Rod. Otherwise words for you are inadequate.
When that short guy to my right makes his last sortee the happy part of my heart will exit with him; and the rest of it will surely break. "He's all I had for the longest time :
and for the rest of my days, if noone else comes to claim me I am still content."

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Condolences Rodinus, sorry to hear of your loss. They are family and losing them is so tough.
I like that poem Buster posted and I hope it offers a little relief.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
My heart hurts for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Other members take note.

Yesterday you left us in dignity before your suffering started...

I know how hard it is, I've been there too, and its easy to keep pumping them with drugs because WE cant stand the thought of losing them, but thats not fair on the dog!

Well done OP, probably the hardest thing in the world to do, but you did

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Oh, Rodinus! I feel it in my chest and with tears stinging as I write this post. It's so, so hard. I'm glad that dear Rodin survived the breeze block and had a happy life with you and Mrs. R. (Great story, BTW!) I have lost few cherished dogs, and it helps me to think of our pain at losing them as part of our sacrifice & gift to them for the privilege of having them in our lives.

This also helped me. One person who wrote about a very credible Near Death Experience said that pets go to "heaven" and have a portal where they can watch us from the other side, but none of them hang around it for very long because they're soon out romping around with new and old friends.

Hugs,

Grace
edit on 4/3.2014 by graceunderpressure because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I know I don't post much to you but I do read and at first thought it was a goodbye thread from you [sad face]
Then I read....
I don't have any words......just tears for you bro.
Pets are so very loyal and nver ask much in return. They become one of us: a part of us.
I have shed more tears for my past 4legged friends than I have some 2 legged. Their loyalty and love cant be measured and I miss to this day.

[[[[[HUGS]]]]]] Sorry for your loss and I'll be thinking of you and yours.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Sounds like he lived a great life with a great family. He was blessed to know you and you blessed to know him. You have my condolences.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod,

I'm truly sorry to hear about your loss. But you are right, it is the cycle of life. Just never let those memories go and Rodin will always be with you.

With Regards,
Doug

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

My condolences to you Rodinus - pets are a blessing and a curse; blessing in that they bring us so much joy, and curse in that one, fateful day, it's all taken out of us :'( .

At least you got to say goodbye properly- My companion for life (a German Shepard mix that was with me since a puppy) got hit before I was able to. Had to wait a year after to do it - had a dream that she was with me in the room, and it was real to the point where I woke up, and the room smelled of "dog" (and no, my cat didn't fart; the smell was what my dog always smelled like).

If you need a shoulder, I've got two to lend.
-fossilera

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I am so sorry for your loss.
A sad day when a loved family member leaves.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well...

I was not expecting to recieve all those kind words of condoleance and sympathy from all of you boys and girls... I am sincerely and deeply touched by the kindness and just plain down right humanity that all of you wonderful posters have shown here.

Thank you... thank you to each and every single one of you...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

How are you feeling today? Still thinking of you (well, not continuously since last time I wrote, that would just be creepy lol!) and hoping you're doing ok.

B x

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

beansidhe
reply to post by Rodinus

How are you feeling today? Still thinking of you (well, not continuously since last time I wrote, that would just be creepy lol!) and hoping you're doing ok.

B x

Hiya Beany, not too bad thanks... I will probably have a good blubber this weekend over a glass or two of Cabernet as not done so yet for some strange reason... probably because I have not uncorked the bottle yet

Thanks for your positive much appreciated thoughts

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Oh man, that sucks. Im sorry. I would be bawling my eyes out.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose a family member, and that's what our pets are. True companions. My thoughts are with you, buddy.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

You will meet again -- I have to believe that. I don't like calling them 'pets', because they are so much more than that. They are our salvation sometimes, and our anchor. I had people chide me for "crying over a cat". Well, no. It was crying over a friend, and a better one than those who don't understand the connection.

Just know that Rodin had the best life possible, and that you and yours made that happen. You were both fortunate to have found each other.

The pain of loss is a hard row to hoe, especially when a beloved animal goes before us. I wish you the salving peace of healing -- not forgetting.

My parents taught me to plant something over the graves of lost friends. No matter the manner in which you honor them, I believe that they know ......... somehow......... of your dedication and love. Perhaps someday you will sense a shadow or feel a warm breath on your cheek before sleep, or a warm weight against your back before waking. Fur friends, like people, stay with us, every watchful.

peace

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rod, I am So Sorry for Your Loss! It is never a good feeling afterwards.
Even after the feelings get a little better, life is never the same.
Good memories of the time You shared with Rodin, will help, I'm sure.
That's what has helped me over the years.

This is part of a poem I wrote several years ago:
"Always keep the Good Memories
close to Your Heart
and keep making New Good Memories
to leave Others when We part."

I Feel for You. I'll share the pain for You Rod.
Hopin' it will Help.
Syx.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join