It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye and thank you Rodin...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Rodin...

You will be sorely missed and have created a massive empty space in our household...

For 15 years you were part of our family... sharing all of our happiest and also saddest moments... You were born on the same day as our son...

For 15 years you were my faithful hunting companion and probably my best friend who always had an ear...

Yesterday you left us in dignity before your suffering started...

Thank you my friend... you will be so sorely missed.

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh honey, I'm so sorry!
*hugs*
I'm nursing a sick ferret right now, and terrified of losing her. It's inevitable...I know...but we are never ready for it.
I will be thinking about you.
jacy xoxo

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Thank you my dear...

Positive thoughts are on their way over to you as I am typing this...

It's such a bummer when you lose a family pet... the 3 other dogs and the cat are pining already...

At least he left us with much dignity and his name will live on in our memories and also... on ATS...

Now you know where my Avatar name comes from...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 3/4/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

my 2 dogs are a part of our family. 1 of them in particular...she is my baby.

I knew a guy with the last name Rodin. So you got my interest piqued with that name.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by Rodinus

my 2 dogs are a part of our family. 1 of them in particular...she is my baby.

I knew a guy with the last name Rodin. So you got my interest piqued with that name.

Just for info : We named him Rodin as a week after he was born (and my son too) Mrs R dropped a breezeblock on the pups head accidently... We thought he was a goner..

The pup had this puzzled *thinking* type of look on it's face for a couple of weeks afterwards... hence the name Rodin.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Now you know where my Avatar name comes from...

Whew! When I saw the headline, I thought a member was announcing YOUR death! I'm glad that's not the case, but I also mourn your loss with you.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Sorry Windy... I am afraid that you boys and girls are going to have to put up with me for a long time yet

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

When I saw the thread title I thought YOU were leaving us! Got all upset...you are loved here.
Losing a pet is terrible...they ARE family. The other pets get sad, and that makes you even sadder.
I love my vet. When she had to put my baby ferret down a couple of years ago, I was so devastated that she even cried a bit. It's so obvious that she loves the animals as much as the owners.
When I lose the next one, I will be inconsolable....might even have a drink, which will cause a migraine...which won't hurt as much as my heart will.

jacy

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

You know where my shoulder is my dear and as always, if you need advice from an other vet just give me a knock...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hey stranger!. How you doing. Sorry to hear that mate. I know its hard when ya loose a pet. My dog never left my side where ever i went. I did not need a lead. He came to work with me a few times. And almost drank as much tea as me to!!...When i had to have him put down it was way harder than seeing any human die. The effect they have on us is so positive. They don't argue or start fights, Or lie....Well ok he did start a few fights now and then being a Jack Russell Terrier

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh geez Rodinus, I've got tears welling up in my eyes. I have no words of comfort to share...just my emotion for your loss.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am very sorry for your loss my heart goes out to you and yours!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thoughts and prayers...

We lost our big baby 10 years ago, had her for 14 years.
Her replacement has been with us these past 10 years and has become my baby and friend.
I dread the day that father time comes to take her home...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

TheDoctor46
Hey stranger!. How you doing. Sorry to hear that mate. I know its hard when ya loose a pet. My dog never left my side where ever i went. I did not need a lead. He came to work with me a few times. And almost drank as much tea as me to!!...When i had to have him put down it was way harder than seeing any human die. The effect they have on us is so positive. They don't argue or start fights, Or lie....Well ok he did start a few fights now and then being a Jack Russell Terrier

Hey Doc... good to see around again...

I'm not doing to bad apart from the cloud of sadness that you already know...

Got to admit that Rodin (Cross Beagle/short haired fox terrier) also got into a couple of scrapes and only about 4 weeks ago I ended up having to stitch him and another of our dogs (wire haired fox terrier) up after they got into a scrap because of... you got it... a female...

Which reminds me... anyone want a cross (Wire haired fox terrier/beagle) pup?... yep... Rodin lost the fight.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

AccessDenied
Oh geez Rodinus, I've got tears welling up in my eyes. I have no words of comfort to share...just my emotion for your loss.

Thank you AD for your lovely words...

A great loss but *taps head with finger*... the great times that we spent together will always live on.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I knew this guy from my time working in a state facility.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh Rod, I'm so sorry. There's no easy way of managing what you're going through.
Thinking of you

B x

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You have my deepest sympathies Rodinus, Rodin was very lucky to have you as his human.

I have lit a candle for you both.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

(((((((((((((((((Rodinus)))))))))))))))))

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am truly saddened by your loss. We have a Belgian Malinois, and the day that we lose her will be devastating. Not only is she a wonderful companion, she is also a trained service and protection dog. She helps my wife walk (without that pooch she would be in a wheelchair) and faithfully protected our home in the Philippines from two attempted break-ins. They truly become family members.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join