It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airlines Warned To Avoid Crimea Airspace!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The European Aviation Safety Agency said there were "serious risks to the safety of international civil flights" after Russia said it intended to take over air traffic control over the peninsula.

More follows...

There is now more, here you go: Forgot The Source Link!!!

Speculate away!!!

My intention was to add to BNA Forum because WWIII seems sensationalist to be honest!!!
But there was a technical problem trying to send the post!!!

My opinion;
Russia is showing seriousness in its rhetoric to retaliate!!!
The Sanctions, as many predicted, only seem to be bringing a negative effect, & have done nothing to subdue Russian intent, or apparent intent that is being portrayed on the Western Front!!!
This Cold War Resurrection is starting to heat up, how do you feel ATS???

Summoning ambassadors, claiming provocation, & enacting on rhetoric... This is getting real!!!

Peace everybody!
edit on 3-4-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Forgot the link!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Sounds like another ridiculous scare mongering story.
Airliners fly across Russia every day, handled by Russian air traffic controllers, so what's the problem? It's not like they are gonna start blowing planes out of the sky all of a sudden.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That's a good point!!!
& all I can think with that in mind is that Russia will divert traffic into Russia, with flights into Crimea being dealt with by Russian Authority!!!

We will have to see how it develops!

Peace Brit!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, I guess one way to see if it's being enforced is:

FlightAware

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have set my speculation at maximum!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Likely just a sensible precaution.

Don't want someone on either side with twitchy fingers shooting a commercial plane down.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Just looked on FR24 and the area over Crimea does seem abit sparse, and some of the flights that im sure would normaly fly over are taking a wider route.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
What's also clear from viewing FR24 is that Russian commercial flights are regularly overflying Ukraine - and there are still scheduled Aeroflot services between Kiev and Moscow. While politicians and the media ramp up the hysteria, some things seem to be going on pretty much as usual.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just following this up - I have noticed that a Notam has been put up about this on a civil aviation site, so it seems genuine.

new topics

top topics

join