It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US secretly created 'Cuban Twitter' to stir unrest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

crazyewok
Whats the USA obsession with string up trouble in Cuba?

I just don't see what the point in all the sanctions and trouble making.

Why not just let Cuba be?

At the Bones of it, what Intrepid said here.

intrepid
Because Cuba flipped the bird at Uncle Sam 50 years ago and he hasn't gotten over it yet.

I'm not all that well versed on actual reasons from back then, but I do know what we believe here in FL, though. Cuba was something we couldn't, and still can't, exert control over. So we (the government) continue to cut them off, thinking we'll get 'em to budge on their way of life.
Yeah, not happening. It's not like they're cut off from the rest of the world like NK, the Cuban people do know what is beyond their borders, and they have plenty of tourists from elsewhere bringing in outside influences. They're not isolated. Let them be, I say. They'll change their political structure if & when they're ready to, no sooner. A realization of decades of failed nudges from the US should be the "well, duuuuh" moment, but the US gov learns rather slowly.

Most Floridians would like a trade agreement with Cuba, we just don't see any justification for continuing to be the a-hole neighbor. In December, we had the first FL to Cuba (what is considered commercial) flight in decades, and it was a big honkin' deal to us. This wasn't a 777 or anything, just a little Cessna with passengers, but the fact that it left from US soil and landed on Cuban soil legally was a milestone moment. We'd like to continue to build relations between us, but Mother Gubmint is what stands in the way. Even this short hop flight was rife with red tape.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oaktree

Vovin

Oaktree
reply to post by SirMike

had they had something like twitter back then the protest movement that had begun may have been able to overthrow the government. Unfortunately for the Cubans, the government was able to imprison and disappear the most vocal individuals in that movement. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I understand that, and I am no supporter of Communist Dictatorships, however I struggle to believe this was done solely to give voiceless, oppressed Cuban folk a voice.

Lol really? You do know that there are democratic elections down there, right? The elections usually result in over 80% of popular support to maintain the current system which has always maintained, constitutionally, guaranteed food, free healthcare, free education in any field, a guaranteed job, etc etc. you know, all those things that many Americans wish they had.

Ex-CIA agent reveals how Venezuelan “students” get putschist training

I guess the sarcasm I was attempting didn't come through in that post.
I am aware that most Cubans are not the poor, oppressed, voiceless peasants that they are often made out to be in the U.S. media.

Hence, this was not done for the benefit of Cuba,
but for the benefit of "U.S. interests".

Sometimes it's hard to measure sarcasm on this board. There's people who would seriously say things like that.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
You know I was always amazed why the BBC promoted and sold twitter for all it's listeners over the years,the BBC should be impartial but was not acting that way

I'm not on FB any more and wouldn't touch twitter with a barge pole

Twitter imo is nothing more than Intel and news agencies bastard child,there both joined at the hip

Now lies can be spread like wild fire on twitter,can be reported on with no attempt to see if they are true by msm

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Absolute bastards! Do they have no shame at all? USAID? Really?

Where is the justice system here?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

It's awful and it pales in comparison to what we're doing in Venezuela (again).
edit on 4/11/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join