It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Commander Opens Up About His UFO Sighting In Space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Its an interesting observation he made. I have seen a Ufo myself I personally know these things exist. What they actually are I don't know.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Sorry I keep posting this video, but together with this report IMO it makes undeniable evidence something is there, going on. No answer as to WHAT though.

I noticed your posts. I think that Youtube was made in Fremont, California? They have a mountain here above the town (Mission Peak) and hangliders fly off there all the time. Some of them at night.

They call themselves Kamikazes, hang LEDs off their wings and fly around above the town, scaring the natives.

Theres a thread about it here somewhere.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks Jim, for clearing all the mysteries of the OP up in a few posts. Nice work. Fishing boats (I root for the fish).

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

gortex

ufoorbhunter
Another person telling the truth about what many of us know already. Ufos are real

Indeed they are unfortunately the F in UFO stands for floating in this case

Gortex you really do have to escape from your your state mandated belief system and accept the truth.....UFOs are real!
They really do exist! I'm going to meditate one over to Shropshire so keep looking at the sky this weekend

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter
Gortex you really do have to escape from your your state mandated belief system and accept the truth.....UFOs are real!
They really do exist! I'm going to meditate one over to Shropshire so keep looking at the sky this weekend

Whether or not UFOs (the alien-controlled variety) are real does not necessarily make this a sighting of an alien craft.

Let's stipulate that alien UFOs are real for a moment. They could be real and this could STILL be a sighting of fishing boats. However, it seems to me that your argument almost is:

"He could NOT have seen fishing boats, because we know alien UFOs are real"

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Ha! I can see why the debating goes the way it does on ATS. I believe in the possibility of alien visitation, but C'mon mystery is solved!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter
I'm going to meditate one over to Shropshire so keep looking at the sky this weekend

Could you possibly meditate one closer to the Northwest suburbs of Chicago? Shropshire is really out of my way.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter

gortex

ufoorbhunter
Another person telling the truth about what many of us know already. Ufos are real

Indeed they are unfortunately the F in UFO stands for floating in this case

Could you please meditate one to actually get close enough so we can see it rather than a blurry spec in the sky?

Also could you meditate it to land on the whitehouse lawn so there's lots of witnesses?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Daver2056
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
So this ISS |Commander comes out of the ET closet and tells us his story. Pretty interesting! With all this new information on Enceledus coming out I wonder if they are going to tell us its inhabited?!!??

Nobody "came out of the closet", Chiao has talked about this since the day it happened and the prosaic solution was quickly found and written up in the news media, such as MSNBC.com --google it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Point 1 , my belief system is mandated by me after years of interest in this subject and the conclusions I've reached.
Point 2 , I believe I said UFOs are real in that post.

Cool Ill keep my eyes to the sky

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Floating lights that travel hundreds if not thousands of miles per hour?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

radkrish
reply to post by draknoir2

Floating lights that travel hundreds if not thousands of miles per hour?

The space station and spacewalking astronauts are moving at 17,000 mph over the earth as they orbit. The surface of the Earth under the astronauts moves at 17,000 mph from their point of view.

edit on 4/4/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Daver2056
posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:31 AM
So this ISS |Commander comes out of the ET closet and tells us his story. Pretty interesting! With all this new information on Enceledus coming out I wonder if they are going to tell us its inhabited?!!??

JimOberg
Nobody "came out of the closet", Chiao has talked about this since the day it happened and the prosaic solution was quickly found and written up in the news media, such as MSNBC.com --google it.

Correct, Jim.

Not only is this sighting not something new (as you pointed out, this is NOT the first time Chiao has discussed his sighting), but the idea of Enceladus having an ocean and being a a prime canditate for the search for potential life in our solar system is ALSO not new.

NASA has been discussing the Enceladus ocean for several years now. We have known about the possibility of the ocean for nine years now, and the analysis of the water ice from the geysers (the analysis that suggested a salt water ocean) had been 5 years ago.

Here is an article from NASA from three years ago discussing the evidnece for a salt water ocean that may contain organic molecules on Enceladus:

A Fizzy Ocean on Enceladus

Here is a NASA article from two years ago discussing the possibility that the geysers on Enceladus is spewing microbes (life) from that ocean, and those microbes may fall back to the surface of the moon:

Is it Snowing Microbes on Enceladus?

edit on 4/4/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
....but the idea of Enceladus having an ocean and being a a prime canditate for the search for potential life in our solar system is ALSO not new....

Thanks for the opening!!

My 2006 article:
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Telos
9 years later Leroy comes out and says what he saw, despite the "cracking" of the case about his sighting back in the days.

That's the thing that struck me too. Though I don't like the ambiguity of someone just seeing lights which could be anything, I don't like the style of those stupid mockumentaries either, where they set it up, waffle for a while then hit you with the big 'truth' and cue the music, it's so old hat. Just give us the 'facts'...if there are any, forget the romantics.
This is the thing, the subject of UFO's is really a serious subject, if there are aliens, and they are responsible for at least some of the sightings, then what are they doing here? That may sound simplistic and obvious, it doesn't matter, it broadens the whole subject exponentially. When look you how the reaction was to Putin intervening in Crimea it was like OMG, WW3/new cold war/'nuke 'em high, yack yack. How the feck could we deal with Aliens? Welcome them with open arms? Steven Hawking is not so sure, that's his view.

Dr Edgar Mitchell is interesting, not because he is bumbling and not very scientific and a romantic..ahem, but because he allows the Idea of the money men, vested interests, snake oil salesmen etc, to be an elitist bunch who are covering it all up for their own interests, mad eh! I dunno, I betcha the first trade between aliens and earthlings will be a bottle of Listermint..'cos they got Halitosis, yes, I know that story a bit of a myth too. I feel a bit sorry for the OP's enthusiasm, it's just not on, round here they are just too fecking smart. As for astronauts, they are just stupid, or don't listen, or don't know where they are, are nutjobs or see wiggley things.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Telos

I don't see it as a "smoking gun" at all. I see it as a guy who saw strange lights that he could not readily identify as being of this world.

People see strange lights all of the time, but I don't think a report of strange lights on its own is a "smoking gun". I suppose it is within the realm of possibilty that some unidentified lights in the sky are actually alien craft, but not necessarily.

Just as Leroy Chaio said in the article:

'I’m skeptical of claims that we’ve been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimensions, but I don’t rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there’s other life in the universe.”

I feel the same way as he does, for the most part.

He just saw some Chinese lanterns and a few rock formations. Nothing unusual.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

moniker

Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Telos

I don't see it as a "smoking gun" at all. I see it as a guy who saw strange lights that he could not readily identify as being of this world.

People see strange lights all of the time, but I don't think a report of strange lights on its own is a "smoking gun". I suppose it is within the realm of possibilty that some unidentified lights in the sky are actually alien craft, but not necessarily.

Just as Leroy Chaio said in the article:

'I’m skeptical of claims that we’ve been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimensions, but I don’t rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there’s other life in the universe.”

I feel the same way as he does, for the most part.

He just saw some Chinese lanterns and a few rock formations. Nothing unusual.

**Sigh**. Another attempt to blindly and closed-mindedly dismiss any discussion about possible explanations for this sighting.

This sort of blind "dismissing with a wave of a hand" and a crack similar to "someone's gonna say it's just Chinese lanterns" really does nothing to advance Ufology, and instead serves to set it back by making it appear that people involved in UFO discussions are not interested in including critical thought in those discussions.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I experienced something very similar, perhaps the same objects, with bizarre attendant circumstances. I posted my account here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=
Username: librarian1
This is the last time I'm going to mention this experience; I have a feeling that discussing it more could be dangerous. I posted the account online at another forum before Chiao came out.

edit on 5-4-2014 by librarian1 because: adding a thought

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

He said-she said-they said ...you are right. People..even astronauts have the right to speculate.

But in the end we need a little more than this 'statement' to have a smoking gun!

I am not "changing"...but you really helped this thread. I was wrong to question your honesty & this thread shows genuine admiration for your
participation.

Astronauts do "chat" as I well know...& I really have tried to keep my promise to ATS & you to drop all the mumbo jumbo re who i think I know..and concentrate on what is or is not on the videos.

Thus your words re this astronaut, who is also your friend ...are good enough for me.

ArMaP , let me just say this to Jim...I respect the FACT that only you have the guts to just duke it out on ATS, .. All the celebrity UFO types
have never come on & joined the discussion under their real names. ATS members have more "guts" than the so called UFO celebrities who cheat ATS members by not participating...unless they get money. ..just sayin'

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words, Martin. I hope some of my past suggestions for improving the value of your videos are also helpful, such as providing date/time of the events and including audio. To repeat my overall view: aggressive monitoring and dissemination of unusual video scenes outside spacecraft is critically important, and more than just NASA staff should be keeping their eyes peeled. Important things CAN be noticed, and I place NO limits on the degree of importance or the potential nature of surprises. But while striving to minimize noise so as to aid recognition of signals, watchers ought to post first for others to review, rather than perhaps wait too long. Better a hundred false positives – or ten thousand – than a false negative where it really matters.

buzzEmiller

He said-she said-they said ...you are right. People..even astronauts have the right to speculate.

But in the end we need a little more than this 'statement' to have a smoking gun!

I am not "changing"...but you really helped this thread. I was wrong to question your honesty & this thread shows genuine admiration for your
participation.

Astronauts do "chat" as I well know...& I really have tried to keep my promise to ATS & you to drop all the mumbo jumbo re who i think I know..and concentrate on what is or is not on the videos.

Thus your words re this astronaut, who is also your friend ...are good enough for me.

ArMaP , let me just say this to Jim...I respect the FACT that only you have the guts to just duke it out on ATS, .. All the celebrity UFO types
have never come on & joined the discussion under their real names. ATS members have more "guts" than the so called UFO celebrities who cheat ATS members by not participating...unless they get money. ..just sayin'

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join