It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

International Space Station Commander Opens Up About His UFO Sighting In Space

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

A few years back, I had dinner with Scott Kelly. He's friends with my ex. Both went to Maritime and in the same graduating class. We all got pretty toasted. At that point I asked him about things he may have seen. He said he's did see some "strange things" but they were "classified" and couldn't talk about them. So yeah, I'm sure the people who are out there are not only in a position to seem them, they do see them. JMO

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is what he saw White lights, like in the dramatic re-enactment? I was guessing orange.
They are like a mix between fireflies, and butterflies. And probably has the temperament of wasp, then a Bee. Normally from the run of mill sightings, they are usually in groups.

Other then that, like what others said, not much of smoking gun. Just another person tripping out over lights...And he's from Nasa...

Nasa!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Box of Rain
In this case, the OP said the sighting in the article is a smoking gun,

Erm, no

If we are to bring facts to the discussion and talk about what the OP said in the Opening Post, we then see that he was ASKING " COULD this be the smoking gun ".

What the OP says further in to the thread about it is a different discussion altogether

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Box of Rain

This whole tough act of "logical" or blah blah talk is a joke on a message board.

ATS is FREE!!! There is no reasoning or logic behind writing an OP that you are suggesting?! Hello?!

You and others need to stop acting like this place is a country club!

Funny thing I picture the debunkers to be the hardcore tin foil hat types...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Lowneck
reply to post by Telos

Squid fishing fleet.

Let Jim explain

www.nbcnews.com...

Thanks for posting it. I did go through and noticed that was posted in May 2005. 9 years later Leroy comes out and says what he saw, despite the "cracking" of the case about his sighting back in the days. Bottom line, I'd take an astronauts word over some debunkers on internet any day and any moment. I mean, aren't astronauts (like pilots) trained and experienced enough to know the difference between a space object and earth object, a flying debris or UFO, space junk or something other worldly (of course when there is such thing)?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

No. They aren't. For the most part they're here just to disrupt the discussion.

I'm a debunker just cause i look rationally on things before jumping to conclusion, there are some who just want to be loud but for the most part debunkers have a point and are providing alternate views.

I see more people in here blinded by believe than annoying debunkers.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Telos
Bottom line, I'd take an astronauts word over some debunkers on internet any day and any moment. I mean, aren't astronauts (like pilots) trained and experienced enough to know the difference between a space object and earth object, a flying debris or UFO, space junk or something other worldly (of course when there is such thing)?

Yes, I think exactly the same way. And this is the direction the thread should be going and not nit picking about this stupid smoking gun statement. I mean, really!!!

ATS or at least some of its members really are.....well, whatever

I find this OP interesting because of what you are saying. They are a lot more believable because they are of higher rank and in a position to see such " UFO's "

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Spiro

Box of Rain
In this case, the OP said the sighting in the article is a smoking gun,

Erm, no

If we are to bring facts to the discussion and talk about what the OP said in the Opening Post, we then see that he was ASKING " COULD this be the smoking gun ".

What the OP says further in to the thread about it is a different discussion altogether

Cheers

Spiro

Fair enough..."could be a smoking gun".
Still, there is nothing wrong the replies asking to please support the smoking gun assertion.

It is not simply a case of evil skepticism as 'game over man' seems to be asserting. The questions to the OP about what specifically makes this sighting especially notable are still valid.

edit on 4/3/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
As far as fishing fleet lights at night?

I am sure that astronauts have seen their share. They only see the dark side of the planet multiple times a day. They are trained observers. Compare his description with theses images…

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Spiro
... In any case, all sightings from space bearing humans contribute to the ever so long list of other sightings. Well done to them, no matter how minor the sighting.

Agreed, sightings in space are important for what they tell us about potential hazards, see0
6/13/2008 - MSNBC.com: Why NASA watches out for true UFOs
today.msnbc.msn.com...

Stories of 'UFO sightings' in space tell us how alien and unearthly it is there and how much of what most people think they know about what's normal out there, is mistaken. That's why I wrote my "99 FAQs about space UFOs".

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Link deleted, overtaken by subsequent comment...

Interesting Kelly comment, needs follow-up. thanks for sharing.
edit on 3-4-2014 by JimOberg because: overtaken by comments

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Telos
You guys just crack me up. Is like I'm talking to a wall that doesn't listen and doesn't think. No offense but which part of "smoking gun" you didn't understand?

I cannot make the quotation marks bigger than they are.

You should have put this in giant quotation marks, seeing as how you are so open-minded:

or another saga to be debunked by the self appointed debunkers that lurk in this site in abundance. :p

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Urantia1111
For the most part [debunkers are] here just to disrupt the discussion. That much is obvious. Regarding the Commander's sighting though, I have to agree there's nothing particularly special about it. I would think he would have had much more interesting things to say. He's likely prohibited from saying anything too interesting.

Disruption time. You have just played the classic 'get-out-of-reality-free' card, to wit, if a witness tells you something contrary to what YOU want to believe, he's a liar.

There's no evidence such a constraint exists for astronauts, and even Ed Mitchell and Gordon Cooper made that clear -- no briefings, no silence directives, nothing of the sort.
edit on 3-4-2014 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

Unity_99
Well, there is that saying, if they let you see them, more occurred than the sighting. There was missing time....

Has Leroy Chiao has talked about missing time associated with this sighting? Can you please provide links to this?

Thanks.

I just said, there is that saying....so its about the whole ufology phenomenon, and what I wrote was set up by that opening line. Not going to explain anything except this, as a experiencer of ufology, whole family generationally, and much research into it:

When you see a siting, they have, used the remote on your software programs in your mind, paused it, either left it blank, or inserted a whole different set of memories, and in some cases, allowed some memories, and you were onboard the craft.

The experience you had onboard falls into a variety of different scenarios. one, medical. That is the big one, and I don't think anyone is off the hook on some kind of checkup. Thankfully for some of us, just like in the hospital, we dont remember, we blank out. The rest can be trips around the solar system and even from a higher up perspective, a trip back home, which may or may not have some memories. Because there is a reason we're all here and too much memories can ruin the school experience.

However, there are other types of things as well: mining operations, a bit of tough love, things that we don't want to remember, and also different groups.

Then you're put back.

An example, my brother and his partner driving semi or 5 ton, for the family farmer market up north, in the 90's. Believe it was then. They saw the ufo dart behind a cloud at roughly 3 00 to 3 30 pm, and a second or 2 later, it flew off, angled off sharply. The truck was driving roughly 2 hours ahead of schedule, ie, they weren't in the same spot any longer, and it was now 2 hours later. 5-5 30.

Something beyond black operations, or black op stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by Telos

I hope as commercial space travel expands so will visibility with respect to this subject. But seeing a UFO in space is pretty much the same as seeing it here on Earth.

Good point. Robert Bigelow has already launched two prototype 'space hotel modules' and he mounted external TV cameras on them to look for exactly this.

You might be surprised what he found, but you certainly can't accuse HIM of any 'coverup'.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Telos
Thanks for posting it. I did go through and noticed that was posted in May 2005. 9 years later Leroy comes out and says what he saw, despite the "cracking" of the case about his sighting back in the days. Bottom line, I'd take an astronauts word over some debunkers on internet any day and any moment. I mean, aren't astronauts (like pilots) trained and experienced enough to know the difference between a space object and earth object, a flying debris or UFO, space junk or something other worldly (of course when there is such thing)?

Lowneck, thanks for posting. Telos, you're not GETTING "the astronaut's words", you're getting only those that the TV program likes to TEASE you with. Chiao is a friend of mine, he has no doubt it was bright fishing boats on the surface, seen briefly under special illumination conditions. The TV program needs to present a 'mystery' with possible solutions to be entertaining.

As for your "aren't they" question, the answer is NO -- they are trained to report anything unusual quickly and openly because of the potential hazard, and analysis and identification come later.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Another person telling the truth about what many of us know already. Ufos are real

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter
Another person telling the truth about what many of us know already. Ufos are real

Indeed they are unfortunately the F in UFO stands for floating in this case

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

intrptr
As far as fishing fleet lights at night?

I am sure that astronauts have seen their share. They only see the dark side of the planet multiple times a day. They are trained observers. Compare his description with theses images…[link]

Good link, thanks.

As a rule, astronauts don't spend their time looking out the window at the dark Earth. How much pitch black midnight sight-seeing do YOU do?

What was unusual in this case was Leroy was outside and unaware of where the Earth was relative to his momentary position.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ufoorbhunter

Unidentified Flying Objects are indeed real.

Since this person now knows what the lights were, they are no longer unidentified, and were never flying.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join