International Space Station Commander Opens Up About His UFO Sighting In Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Is this the "smoking gun" or another saga to be debunked by the self appointed debunkers that lurk in this site in abundance. :p

Leroy Chiao, commander of the International Space Station in 2005 recently opened up about his UFO sighting from space. They were 230 miles above the Earth, and traveling at a speed of 17,000 miles per hour when Chiao spotted a UFO (Unidentified Flying Object). Chiao told the Huffington post:

“I saw some lights that seemed to be in a line and it was almost like an upside-down check mark, and I saw them fly by and thought it was awfully strange. It wasn’t just one, but a line of them strung out along the South American coast” (1)

“I’m skeptical of claims that we’ve been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimensions, but I don’t rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there’s other life in the universe.”

www.collective-evolution.com...

Fire up the engines guys. Time to kill the thread and the messenger. The forbidden subject has found its way in the open again. LOL !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

I don't see it as a "smoking gun" at all. I see it as a guy who saw strange lights that he could not readily identify as being of this world.

People see strange lights all of the time, but I don't think a report of strange lights on its own is a "smoking gun". I suppose it is within the realm of possibilty that some unidentified lights in the sky are actually alien craft, but not necessarily.

Just as Leroy Chaio said in the article:

'I’m skeptical of claims that we’ve been visited by aliens from another planet or other dimensions, but I don’t rule it out 100 percent. I have an open mind and I do believe there’s other life in the universe.”

I feel the same way as he does, for the most part.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Is this the "smoking gun" or another saga to be debunked by the self appointed debunkers that lurk in this site in abundance.

No it's not the "smoking gun", it's just interesting but he really dosn't add anything else but more questions.

Don't pick on the debunkers, they are very usefull to this site
edit on 3-4-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Here it is from the man himself...

Fire up the engines guys. Time to kill the thread and the messenger.

No need for that

edit on 3-4-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You guys just crack me up. Is like I'm talking to a wall that doesn't listen and doesn't think. No offense but which part of "smoking gun" you didn't understand?

I cannot make the quotation marks bigger than they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Telos
You guys just crack me up. Is like I'm talking to a wall that doesn't listen and doesn't think. No offense but which part of "smoking gun" you didn't understand?

I cannot make the quotation marks bigger than they are.

Neither can we

Or is it: Nor can we

Language barrier...sorry

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Smoking gun? Don't make me laugh, it's an opinion over something that he seen, it still doesn't automatically mean aliens

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ATS's Jim Oberg can tell us what they cut out of his analysis on the youtube vid. He says that "sure enough", lights were on the photographs from space. My guess is lightening from a thunderstorm, but his comment on this thread would be most en"light"ening.

edit: I've u2ued Jim Oberg, and hopefully he'll come by here to explain the smoke emitting from that gun (my guess is still smoke-lightening)
edit on 3-4-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Telos
...No offense but which part of "smoking gun" you didn't understand...

Smoikng gun means very clear and solid evidence -- e.g. when a person seen holding a smoking gun over another person who was just shot, that "smoking gun" is very clear and solid evidence that the person holding the gun pulled the trigger.

In this case, how is this sighting of strange lights clear and solid evidence of anything other than that -- lights?

edit on 4/3/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Zcustosmorum
Smoking gun? Don't make me laugh, it's an opinion over something that he seen, it still doesn't automatically mean aliens

HELLO!!!!

Is got quotation marks which means doesn't really mean is the smoking gun. Have you heard about sarcasm?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Telos

Zcustosmorum

HELLO!!!!

Is got quotation marks which means doesn't really mean is the smoking gun. Have you heard about sarcasm?

Then I don't understand the point of this thread. What are you trying to say?

I understand it is an article about a sighting, but your inflammatory language made it seem you were approaching it from another angle (your words about "self-appointed debunkers" and "time to kill the tread and the messenger" and "forbidden subjects").

So do you or don't you feel this sighting is clear evidence (a smoking gun) as something otherworldy?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Telos

Zcustosmorum

HELLO!!!!

What's that?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The most interesting thing about that video was seeing Oberg without his flaming skeptic hat on!

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, this thread will go in to 10 pages of debating the " smoking gun " phrase and not that of the sighting in question

In any case, all sightings from space bearing humans contribute to the ever so long list of other sightings. Well done to them, no matter how minor the sighting.

Cheers OP

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Spiro

Well done to them, no matter how minor the sighting.

Cheers OP

Spiro

Thanks Spiro. Exactly my point !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Telos

Zcustosmorum

HELLO!!!!

Are you interested in discussing the topic or pick on the one guy who FORGOT quotation marks?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Spiro
Well, this thread will go in to 10 pages of debating the " smoking gun " phrase and not that of the sighting in question

In any case, all sightings from space bearing humans contribute to the ever so long list of other sightings. Well done to them, no matter how minor the sighting.

Cheers OP

Spiro

I agree, but there is very little detail on the sighting itself to even be able to investigate/determine what it might have been. There is no clear evidence of it being mundane NOR clear evidence of it being otherworldly.

That's why the "smoking gun" assertion was questioned.

We can discuss Chiao's sighting, but there really isn't much to say besides giving unconfirmable speculation of EITHER a prosaic/natural explanation or an alien explanation.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Mianeye

Telos

Zcustosmorum

HELLO!!!!

Are you interested in discussing the topic or pick on the one guy who FORGOT quotation marks?

Screw the quotation marks, not even the point, the fact is he said it

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Soylent Green Is People

I agree, but there is very little detail on the sighting itself to even be able to investigate/determine what it might have been. There is no clear evidence of it being mundane NOR clear evidence of it being otherworldly.

That's why the "smoking gun" assertion was questioned.

We can discuss Chiao's sighting, but there really isn't much to say besides giving unconfirmable speculation of EITHER a prosaic/natural explanation or an alien explanation.

The way I perceive what you are saying is that if there is not enough detail in the OP then all should attack the messenger? I'm not saying you are directly, but this is what I am perceiving

Also worth noting here before anyone starts to attack me. The OP is asking .... COULD this be the " Smoking Gun "? He's not claiming it is though a good few members seem to think otherwise.

Meh, things can be perceived differently I suppose

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
According to this there was a possible explanation put forward in “NASA’s Unexplained Files” possibly by Jim Oberg I guess...

A down-to-Earth explanation is offered for Chiao’s sighting: the bright lights of a fishing boat hundreds of miles below him. But is that the only possible interpretation of what the astronaut saw?
www.ancient-code.com...

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join