It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts at 91-year-old Indiana man's home

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Daedalus
reply to post by Vovin

ok, so the OP has an article from fox news, and you have an article from huffpo....two MSM sources who LOVE to sensationalize, and make things up.....

on the opposite side of the spectrum, we have an article alphahawk linked to, from a local paper, who's more likely to have gotten the story right...

find some evidence from REAL sources, and then you can bang on about how this man is being victimized...
edit on 5-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

Truth is that it doesn't really matter what source I provide on any topic on ATS because somebody is always going to have a problem with it.

If it makes you happy, this CBS report that the Huffington Post sourced to in their article also reports the statement made by the FBI.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Vovin

if you're right, and the hyped up, sensationalized articles from fox, cbs, and hufpo are accurate, then why in the hell did an FBI spokesman say that miller had called them?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This has got to stop where the government can just see something they want and decide to come into your home and take it from you....... This really ticks me off

like Tesla's Documents after His Death. for one.

The Missing Papers
www.pbs.org...

List of Nikola Tesla patents
en.wikipedia.org...

So what now FBI Goverment Seizing and will be Selling these Possible Priceless Artifacts on the Auction Block ?

a Fund Raiser Perhaps.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

"I have been in 200 countries collecting artifacts," he said.

The guy put a lot of work into this. That is a lot of time, and a lot of money, spent on his passion. I think it could be good to get the artifacts back to their "rightful owners" but I bet without him, they would have gotten broken or lost long ago.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I realize the state's name put the idea into my head, but this was the first thought I had:

He is Indiana Jones!!

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The word i got was the old guy wanted new homes for his collection.

But the government wants millions in taxes even before he could give his collection to Museums

Rather then go through the hassle since he did not need the money he turn in himself.

The government takes the artifacts and finds places for them and he does not have to pay taxes on them.

This collection has never been a secret. it was featured over 14 years ago in the Indiana Star.

Now the government PAYS to find new homes for what they take.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join