It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts at 91-year-old Indiana man's home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

And I'm quite sure there are 1 percenters with private collections that go unharrassed by the government... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
reply to post by kosmicjack

I can speak to that from personal experience....I worked for a large oil exploration company and was attending meetings in Houston, TX. We were all invited to the CEO's home for a dinner and reception. To call it a home was disengenuous...the place was palatial. In his front foyer stood an Egyptian obelisk...presumably taken from Egypt at some point. He also had a priceless collection of other antiquities from all over the world, which he was more than happy to show off.

As with all things in the US...if you have money and power...you can get away with anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What does this say about our government - the establishment?

Here we have a 91 year old man who has had these things for decades! Decades! And now, when this likely isn't in the prime of his health, come at him? They've know he had this collection, for years!

Want to know what I think? I think through the over-reach of spying on the American people they got a look at his Will and Testament, didn't like what he planned to do with the artifacts, and are making their grab now!

This really makes me mad.

CdT

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
To take away some 80 years of artifacts collected all over the world is disgusting and for what? To catalogue or whatever the hell the reason for this crapola. This is just a way for the government to just show up and take away because they have the power to do it. I bet he had some really unique artifacts too, guess they'll just disappear now...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah that is bullsnip.

The guy is 91.

Which means at the time of him getting them the laws they have made after should have no relevance.

And it is a clear violation of his 4th amendment rights.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.archives.gov...

Since that amendment was written BEFORE their asinine 'laws'.

He should get to keep them.

As the US constitution is the HIGHEST LAW in this land.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

From the way his collection was *seized* with tents thrown up so no one could see what was going on, leaves me to wonder why all the urgency and secrecy. Why the over reaction by so many people on how/why it was confiscated.

That alone leaves me shaking my head...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

reply to post by neo96

reply to post by FeistyFemme

reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

did ANY of you read the rest of the thread?

HE CALLED THE FBI ABOUT REPATRIATING THE ITEMS!

HE INITIATED THE PROCESS!

..this wasn't a raid, and they're not stealing his stuff...

c'mon guys, due diligence...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

rival
Seizing the man's entire lot is unjustified.

Still, we don't really know what this stuff was...

Even if the man came by some of the articles by nefarious means
and it can be proven that they belong to someone else (read theft)
it still doesn't qualify ALL THE STUFF as being contraband.

We are slowly morphing the age old American paradigm of "Innocent
until proven guilty"...to the new age..."Guilty until proven innocent."

And the sad part is we are doing this to our own, vain, nosey-do-gooder,
holier-than-thou, selves

edit on 3-4-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

Guilty until proven innocent, f@^ked in the arse by the Corporate Media Establishment, and condemned by the court of public opinion.

It's amazing how judgmental human beings prove themselves to be especially when they watch the MSM and believe what they say. It's merely setting us up for a big fall when more and more people are attacked by the various arms of the government.

The one thing the MAJORITY (not all) of the public lacks is compassion. No longer can we simply believe the bulls#!t "If you aren't doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about."

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I don't have believe that he called them. That is what is in the article. I have my doubts.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If I were native American, I'd be pissed. They took their land, they treated them like criminals, and now they come in an take things away from a 91 year old man.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Donald Miller:
  • 91 years old
  • Involved in Manhattan Project (bottom of article) in Los Santos, NM (Indy Star)
  • 21 years old in 1944 (mid-point of Manhattan Project)
  • Visited over 200 countries including Russia, China, Peru, Haiti, New Guinea (named in Indy Star article)

...former military?
...former spy/CIA?
...both?
...neither?

ALSO, according to the Indy Star ...

Robert A. Jones, special agent in charge of the Indianapolis FBI office, would not say at a news conference specifically why the investigation was initiated, but he did say the FBI had information about Miller's collection and acted on it by deploying its art crime team.

So, I'm not smelling a 91-year old that turned himself in unless someone else can find a news article. If he really did call in his own artifacts I see NO REASON why the FBI wouldn't just say that in the news conference.

Another good Indy Star 2 article listing artifacts and some discussion of his Manhattan Project involvement.

Artifacts listed:
  • Shruken Head
  • Nazi Helmet
  • Skull pierced by an arrowhead spear
  • Sarcophagus

The Indy Star articles have pictures of some of his artifacts as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Destinyone

I don't have believe that he called them. That is what is in the article. I have my doubts.

Des

yes, but why don't you believe he called them? what's the belief based on?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Daedalus

Destinyone

Des

63 years of intuition. And no proof that he did so.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Destinyone

Daedalus

Destinyone

Des

63 years of intuition. And no proof that he did so.

Des

my intuition tells me that hotdogs are made of cats.....but since there's absolutely NO proof that they are, it's 99% likely that they are, in fact, NOT made of cats...

the only article we have says that he initiated the process...unless there's some piece of evidence that's contrary to this assertion, believing otherwise makes no sense....kinda like with that other dude earlier and his insistence that the FBI must be in the wrong, despite available information, because they're the friggin devil...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Wow they took his memories, his dreams he acquired, his accomplishments. What a bunch or arses. How can anyone want a job like that? I guess you can do a job like that when you don't have a heart, a conscience .................a brain.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzyWigs

Well said. How can the FBI not be ashamed? What a disgrace to our country. Why don't they try and stop illegal drugs from coming into our country, or solve a violent crime, put a banker in prison? These black suits make me sick. It appears that being an American only means you are entitled to taxes and debt to banks, no personal possessions allowed. Ugh!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Comment withdrawn...sooner or later, someone will catch on to the fact that there are international treaties governing the traffic of antiquities.
edit on 3-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by neo96

Comment withdrawn...sooner or later, someone will catch on to the fact that there are international treaties governing the traffic of antiquities.
edit on 3-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

And ?

That are broken more often by their own government than people.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

neo96
And ?
That are broken more often by their own government than people.
Somebody has to set the bar on the looting of antiquities, and given the easy indifference of some, I'd rather it be the FBI. It DOES matter to some people.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i feel like i'm taking crazy pills here.....

he called the FBI...they didn't raid his home...what is wrong with you people?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Daedalus
he called the FBI...they didn't raid his home...what is wrong with you people?

The government and the FBI are jackbooted thugs invading a frail old man's home to steal his life's accumulation of cool stuff because they're meanies and don't want people finding out about the giant aliens from Nibiru.

That's what I gather.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join