FBI seizes trove of cultural artifacts at 91-year-old Indiana man's home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Howdy, as I posted in the other thread on this, Mr Miller contacted the FBI so they can assist with repatriation of the curios.

www.shelbynews.com...

Oh looky.... la la la all is well... I CALL BS
You know damn well they set this old man up... probably a threat of jail time if he didn't play along, this would explain why the FBI couldn't elaborate on why he contacted them.... however, there is that 1% chance the old man is stupid...

edit on 3-4-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

How about this for speculation..

Mr Miller is 91, perhaps not long left to live and wanted to repatriate his collection before he dies.

Why can't that be the reason?

We've already gone from the FBI raiding his home and confiscating his collection to him cooperating with them.

You're desperately trying to demonise them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

AlphaHawk

We've already gone from the FBI raiding his home and confiscating his collection to him cooperating with them.

No need for me to demonize the FBI, they already work for the Devil and if you look at this photo www.shelbynews.com... clearly his house is being raided!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well, there are laws that say you cannot sell certain artifacts. I have stuff I have found here that are very old and know that they should not leave the property here. It would actually be against the law for the FBI to take them from this land. Mine are not burial artifacts and they have little value because I so far have not discovered anything to verify who created them. There also appears to be thousands of years of people inhabiting this spot. They liked collecting rocks and carving rocks.

It is also illegal to purchase some artifacts if you do not go through the proper channels. This is a very blurry subject clouded by rules of governments. I bet these artifacts that were seized never make it back to the countries where they came from. They will probably wind up in the Smithsonian or they will disappear from the books. Many things donated to the Smithsonian sort of disappear, the paperwork is there but the objects go missing, they tell some the objects were nothing and thrown away...sure. If someone does challenge them they sometimes show up. I know people who investigate some of these things, they have a hard time sometimes.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It does beg the question...why should relics, artifacts, etc be controlled or regulated by any government?

To what end? To have control of the asset value or the historic record? Because surely just possessing the items does not interfere with the cultural value. Though, admittedly, storing them incorrectly could diminish that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

imitator

AlphaHawk

Howdy, as I posted in the other thread on this, Mr Miller contacted the FBI so they can assist with repatriation of the curios.

www.shelbynews.com...

Oh looky.... la la la all is well... I CALL BS
You know damn well they set this old man up... probably a threat of jail time if he didn't play along, this would explain why the FBI couldn't elaborate on why he contacted them.... however, there is that 1% chance the old man is stupid...

or, maybe it's that he figures he's 91, he's probably not gonna be around much longer, and he's held on to these things for long enough...better to do the right thing, and return the items to their respective peoples, than die, and have someone sell them, and turn a profit....

if the FBI had raided this guy, and was stealing his stuff, i'd be absolutely outraged.....but if he called them, and initiated the process of his own accord, then this is a non-issue..
edit on 3-4-2014 by Daedalus because: clearly, me ans alpha think the same..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

imitator
No need for me to demonize the FBI, they already work for the Devil and if you look at this photo www.shelbynews.com... clearly his house is being raided!

clearly, you've never been on a raid, lol

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Daedalus

if the FBI, had raided this guy, and was stealing his stuff, i'd be absolutely outraged.....but if he called them, and initiated the process of his own accord, then this is non-issue..

It didn't say he initiated the process, only that he contacted the FBI... it's very common to get threats of jail time if one doesn't comply with the Devil and if you look at his house... do you think Miller invited the FBI in what looks like a raid? No one in their right mind would have the FBI cleaning their house!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

imitator

Daedalus

if the FBI, had raided this guy, and was stealing his stuff, i'd be absolutely outraged.....but if he called them, and initiated the process of his own accord, then this is non-issue..

It didn't say he initiated the process, only that he contacted the FBI... it's very common to get threats of jail time if one doesn't comply with the Devil and if you look at his house... do you think Miller invited the FBI in what looks like a raid? No one in their right mind would have the FBI cleaning their house!!!!

are you insane?

he contacted the FBI about repatriating the items...that's what the article says..that means he initiated the process...

that's not what a raid looks like...again, you've clearly never been on a raid....those tents and trucks are for the business of cataloging, and assessing the items, and for transporting them safely to a facility...

yes, the FBI, and other agencies do despicable, reprehensible things.....this doesn't appear to be one of them.

every once in a while, they do something good..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

imitator

AlphaHawk

If he was being raided he would be dead. After all it is the FBI.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Daedalus

he contacted the FBI about repatriating the items...that's what the article says..that means he initiated the process...

It also says the FBI couldn't elaborate on why Miller was looking to repatriate the artifacts now..... Yeah there it is!!!!.... My guess is probably because he was THREATENED by the FBI.

I'm 99% sure no one is stupid enough to call the FBI to return their goods, unless the Devil was involved!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

kosmicjack
reply to post by rickymouse

It does beg the question...why should relics, artifacts, etc be controlled or regulated by any government?

To what end? To have control of the asset value or the historic record? Because surely just possessing the items does not interfere with the cultural value. Though, admittedly, storing them incorrectly could diminish that.

I think it is about the value of these artifacts. I'm sure the government uses their value as part of the value of the country. How much are the crown jewels worth compared to the value you would get on the street for them. Most are semiprecious stones, something that was highly valued by our ancestors.

Our national treasures here in America are not actually worth much, but we have given them great value. A painting from a great artist is worth millions yet I have seen paintings by some local painters that to me were of equal quality...dumped out with the junk in spring cleanup. The rich and governments create the value of things. They make what they possess valuable.

In the case of artifacts, greed often causes these things to be sold for pennies on their value by looters. I can see these laws to a point but I have problems with these laws being abused by those in the fields. There is no law that says you cannot dig and investigate artifacts on your land. Much of what I discovered was sitting in the woods, or around my gardens, thrown off while backfilling my house. I destroyed a lot of this by digging my basement, but I did not know it was there...I screwed up. I brought a few rocks at the time to a local person who was supposed to be knowledgeable only to have him say they were just rocks. One was a huge geode, not a common rock. The ancient people collected interesting rocks also, and ground them down into shapes. They made stuff out of clay and knew how to mortar rocks together a thousand years ago...using clays.

If something does not fit the pattern that they have been taught, many archeologists cannot see things outside of the box. That is all right, Some Indians here tell me what they probably are and also how they made them. I would like to meet with some of these Traditional Indian toolmakers someday. Maybe at next years powwow.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Well folks guess what, the FBI was NOT looking for artifacts at all! Here is the REAL Story sent to us by one of his Protege's: FBI seizes Native American, "other artifacts" at rural Indiana home This story reeks of Government Cover-up. The real truth lies in what has not been reported in this story. One must first know the definition of artifacts: an object formed by humans, particularly one of interest to archaeologists. This differs from the word relic:: something that is from a past time, place, culture, etc. ►Artifacts can be data, technology etc which are covered under treaties.◄ The FBI statement "Jones said that the extensive collection, which Miller amassed over eight decades, includes Native American artifacts and relics as well as items from the United States, China, Haiti, Australia, Russia, New Guinea, Italy, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Greece, Peru and possibly several other countries." The FBI statement allows room for many scenarios. My research on Dr. Don Miller led me to discover his close involvement in the creation and detonation of the atom bomb. Read the full story here: www.rushvillerepublican.com... Dr. Don Miller, holds a P.H.D in electrical engineering, is the brother of Dr. Stanley Miller world reknowned Chemical Physicist.. Don Miller operated under the company name Wyman Research, he created transponders used by NASA in the space stations Read the story here: www.marexmg..org... and photos of his invention from space web.archive.org...://www.svs.net/wyman/examples/sstv.htm Also read about Dr Stanley Millers research www.pbs.org... ►Oddly enough Dr.Millers Website was taken down last month and my research relied greatly on the way back machine which archives websites. His website was www.svs.net ◄ BINGO ►► Most recently Dr Miller developed the technology to locate any transmitter through triangulation after the beacon has failed. This technology would be very useful say if an airplane went down and was unable to be located. ◄◄ Dr. Miller has offered tours of his mini museum for many years which contained relics from his travels which was never of issue until recently. I googled FBI and artifact seizure and other than the raid on Dr. Millers home and some stories of soldiers stealing Iraqi artifacts, there was very little. It does not seem to be a usual activity for the FBI. Looking at the photo of Dr. Miller's home it is very obvious that he installed several 40'-50' antenna towers on his property which is located out in the middle of nowhere. The FBI (or some agency) set up containment/quarantine tents all over his property and there is no identification of any particular government agencies on the vehicles on his property. I was able to locate video showing those towers being removed which would fall under the definition of artifact but weren't mentioned by reporters. The fact that the the news doesn't mention that this man was very prominent in the development of nuclear weapons, space science, groundbreaking transponder technology, spectral analysis or the sole heir to his famous brothers research on the origins of life is wherein the truth lies. I would be surprised if this man lives long enough to tell the real story. ~

Source

Hmmm, where's Mulder and Scully when we need them...
edit on 3-4-2014 by Tworide because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

buster2010
If he was being raided he would be dead. After all it is the FBI.

you know, i disagree with most everything you say here.....but you make a fair point on this...AND it made me chuckle...

GOOD JOB!
edit on 3-4-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
probably has stuff made from that gibson wood they got raided for.

or the lacey act.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

imitator

Daedalus

It also says the FBI couldn't elaborate on why Miller was looking to repatriate the artifacts now..... Yeah there it is!!!!.... My guess is probably because he was THREATENED by the FBI.

I'm 99% sure no one is stupid enough to call the FBI to return their goods, unless the Devil was involved!

holy s**t....you're round the goddamn bend...

given that they are the Federal Bureau of INVESTIGATION....common sense would dictate that they'd be who you call to...oh...i dunno, INVESTIGATE some s**t....

maybe they couldn't elaborate, because the reason was private...like maybe the guy doesn't wanna broadcast that he's dying or whatever....jesus man, there's paranoid, and then there's you...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a specific artifact they are searching for. Did you see how many units the FBI brought out?? This really stinks.

Chopper 8 flew over Miller’s home on Wednesday. The video shows the shear number of resources the FBI has pulled for this investigation. Patrol cars litter the road, a command center, and massive tents surround Don and Sandra Miller’s Waldron, Indiana home.

Video in link

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

Thanks for the link. To repeat, Mr. Miller called the FBI himself. There are laws governing the ownership of archaeological and cultural artifacts. A treasure trove of such items are in private collections around the world - if they were in the public domain, we might learn some important truths about human history.

"There are treaties and statutes that deal with repatriation of cultural artifacts, and Mr. Miller is working with us to return those."

....Northern said Miller had contacted the FBI about returning the items, but couldn't elaborate on why Miller was looking to repatriate the artifacts now.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Me, too.

We have a lot of ivory and artifacts from the pacific islands, while my mom lived overseas as a child. Our ivory is in our collection forever, and is not really shown to visitors or anything (unless they happen to notice it...we don't keep it locked up). It was all gained legally, as I would report anyone selling ivory today (even though i typically won't rat on people).

The thought of my house being raided for some of these artifacts....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

....The thought of my house being raided for some of these artifacts....

Hi sweetie. ....To repeat, Mr. Miller called the FBI himself. There are laws governing the ownership of archaeological and cultural artifacts. A treasure trove of such items are in private collections around the world - if they were in the public domain, we might learn some important truths about human history.

"There are treaties and statutes that deal with repatriation of cultural artifacts, and Mr. Miller is working with us to return those."

....Northern said Miller had contacted the FBI about returning the items, but couldn't elaborate on why Miller was looking to repatriate the artifacts now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join