It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls GOP Policies 'Stinkburger' and 'Meanwich'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Goteborg
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Good point. The last serious policy proposal I remember from the GOP at the national level was the Contract with America and that was 20 years ago. Since then they've not really seemed to do anything other than take up space.

I think the GOP has been working really hard, but I don't think they would like to advertise how they spend their energies. I think the GOP has been spending the last 20 years engineering policy for the rich; whether that is knee capping regulations on big industry, engineering a better tax code for the "producers" and furthering the idea that government should only be accessible to private parties and private interests.

Look what the Supreme Court keeps doing with political financing, pretty soon there will be a financial barrier to entry into the political system essentially privatizing our democratic republic.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

When it comes to easing of restrictions on the financial sector both parties own that.

There already is a financial barrier to entering the political arena. Well, not a barrier as you mean it but anyone who isn't a "D" or an "R" is at a disadvantage and has been for a long time. Both parties own that too.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Voting for Republicans is illogical, unless you are very rich or hoping to destroy the government on purpose.

Destroy the government before it destroys us?

Hmmm. . . . .

You must admit, that is what conservatives are after... Bush almost did it, maybe next time you'll get a competent saboteur to finish the job.

I never understood why a person would want to work for an entity they hate??? I am of course referring to GOP politicians trying to get hired into the government???

It is like a Nazi applying for a job to protect Israel.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Voting for Republicans is illogical, unless you are very rich or hoping to destroy the government on purpose.

Hmmm. . . . .

You must admit, that is what conservatives are after... Bush almost did it, maybe next time you'll get a competent saboteur to finish the job.

I never understood why a person would want to work for an entity they hate??? I am of course referring to GOP politicians trying to get hired into the government???

You've got it wrong.

The progressive movement wants to destroy America.

Look at what Obama is doing. As much as you folks hate the Constitution, I'm surprised that it's still around!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Love your heading,

The democratic party is in a pickle, Obama blockbuster and signature administration legacy is sinking the chances for them to even get any increases in congress coming mid term elections.

I think that Mr. Obama will have to use anything in his power to see if he can get voters, even joking about silly things like name calling, because every time people look at him they are going to be thinking about the ACA fraud and that is not funny joke this days.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Love your heading,

I learned how to do that from another member !!

Very effective when it actually has something to do with Obama (or any other focus).

But it can be effectively mis-leading too !! (as we have seen in other examples).

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

At least you are no promoting Thinkprogress. Beside that I am very interested to see how Obama is going to play everything that happen under his administration and the ACa, in order to gain votes for his party.

They will lose any hold they have in congress.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Hmmm. . . . .

You've got it wrong.

The progressive movement wants to destroy America.

Look at what Obama is doing. As much as you folks hate the Constitution, I'm surprised that it's still around!

That is not true. To say that either side wants to destroy America is not fair, I do not think conservatives or the GOP want to destroy America. I think it is equally unfair to say progressives or the Democrats want to destroy America either, same goes for the Tea Party...

I do think however that it is safe to say that conservatives have a motive to destroy the government, it is in the rhetoric, the speeches and in the think tanks.

The government is evil correct???

So why should anyone who has such a negative disposition be responsible for something they loath?

If you hate babies, should you be a baby sitter?

If you hate blood, should you drive an ambulance?

I think it follows that if you hate government, you should not work for the government. It seem like a great way to get bad results.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Goteborg
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

When it comes to easing of restrictions on the financial sector both parties own that.

I agree both parties own that. But I also think it is true conservative politicians are the ones who bring the agenda to the floor in the first place. The deregulation of the late 90's was written by three conservative politicians who all happened to be in the GOP. While the Democrats did support the final bill, it was blocked numerous times by the liberal caucus. The bill passed due to a compromise which included new consumer protections surrounding privacy and data which limited the sale and distribution of certain financial and personal data.

There already is a financial barrier to entering the political arena. Well, not a barrier as you mean it but anyone who isn't a "D" or an "R" is at a disadvantage and has been for a long time. Both parties own that too.

I agree about this last statement wholeheartedly. My point was due to the fact that the conservative faction of the supreme court has systematically liberalized the restrictions on political money, which in turn is devastating to any hopes of "shrinking government" or "helping out the people who need a hand up". You cannot expect a system for the people, if you make the system a privatized system, that is what conservatives are engineering and it matches their sentiment of enjoying privatization of institutions of all kinds..

This current move is going to increase the barrier of entry to lobby the government. It will also create surge of new lobbying efforts via corporations and special interest groups who will be able to influence voters and politicians with money that is supplied by undisclosed parties. They essentially DEREGULATED the political lobby, fatcat system. Another result of their words and the enjoyment of certain themes, in this case deregulation of the lobby.
edit on 3-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
At least it was relatively polite and kind of funny in a weird way. I'd probably use more colorful terms.

Also, it's not like he doesn't know how it feels
I'm sure the GOP can deal with it as gracefully as he has for years. I have faith.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

~Lucidity
At least it was relatively polite and kind of funny in a weird way. I'd probably use more colorful terms.

Also, it's not like he doesn't know how it feels
I'm sure the GOP can deal with it as gracefully as he has for years. I have faith.

Newsweek needed a longer magazine for that issue.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Give Obama credit, those are words well spoken by a pathological liar. His art of deception, diversion, and corruption are the best in the world... bar none.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join