It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Calls GOP Policies 'Stinkburger' and 'Meanwich'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This one is hilarious without a doubt.

President Obama was addressing a crowd at the University of Michigan yesterday, and perhaps in a humorous way, he made some funny statements.

He said Republicans offer "stinkburger" ideas that are a real "meanwich."

He apparently was referring to economic policies.

Well hardy har har !!!

I bet his audience appreciated the kitten-brushing and puppy-petting campaign style that he's doing on taxpayer money.

Obama had some other choice "delicacies" also -->>>>

On Wednesday, during a visit to the University of Michigan, President Obama dumbed down his rhetoric to BuzzFeed-style name calling by saying that Republicans are offering "stinkburger" ideas that are a real "meanwich."

Obama spoke at the University of Michigan before a crowd of some 1,000 students and a limited number of reporters mainly to sell a hike in the minimum wage, pushing his theme, "give America a raise."

As CBS News's Mark Knoller tweeted from the event, President Obama slammed the GOP for its economic policies but granted that "they're not necessarily cold-hearted." Obama then went on to say that if GOP policies were deli food, they'd be a "stinkburger" or a "meanwich."

Obama Calls GOP Policies 'Stinkburger' and 'Meanwich'

The 2014 campaign is fueling up !!!!

edit on Thu Apr 3 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edited to reflect source title

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Pretty much a known fact when some people get frustrated and cannot make logical points on their own agendas they use the old fallback. Name calling.

You know if this guy actually put as much effort into fixing America as he does campaigning and desperately seeking to hold on to his power base we'd all be better off.

I think he's getting desperate with the midterms coming up. Stinkburgers gonna be flying every which way over the next few months.

Edit - BTW, I really like your title with "OBAMA-->>>>" in it. Very subtle.

edit on 385am1111am32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It must be the version of the Saul Alinsky tactics they're using this year.

Even the Koch Brothers have spotted it.

In this case, he should have said "Where's the Beef" !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Liberals vs. Conservatives has always been dumbburger vs. meanwhich and probably always will be.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

His tactics leave much to be desired, seems more like a pyromaniac with a full gas can and matches. Since many of his truths are really lies he can't really fall back on his record. What if he had to actually speak the truth? Has he ever spoken truth?

Lying and name calling, that's all he's got.

There’s just no way around this: President Obama looked America in the eye and lied.

“If you like your plan, you can keep it.” — Barack Obama, June 2010

“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period.” — Barack Obama, June 2010

“I will not sign a [health care] plan that adds one dime to our deficits.” — Barack Obama, September 2009

“I can make a firm pledge. Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital-gains taxes, not any of your taxes.” — Barack Obama, September 2008

“But what we will do is, we’ll have the [Obamacare] negotiations televised on C-SPAN … .” — Barack Obama, August 2008

“I will never forget my own mother, as she fought cancer in her final months, having to worry about whether her insurance would refuse to pay for her treatment.” — Barack Obama, August 2009

The depths of the president’s dishonesty are fully revealed by his willingness to dishonor his own departed mother when he falsely claimed that her health insurance company attempted to cancel her policy. Washington Times

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Has he ever spoken truth?

If he is a Muslim, the truth is not a requirement in speech to infidels. 1st Amendment, and all that, you know!!

OT: I was amused by "Stinkburger and "Meanwich." This is a solid attempt at communicating I can allow him credit for.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I think the whole debate centered around currency and its distribution is somewhat moot, no matter what language is used to enter into it. No matter whether the minimum wage goes up or not, the entire western model of creating money is flawed at the most basic level. It is based on cheques drawn on empty accounts, a debt owed on every dollar and pound in existence. It has no actual backing what so ever, so no matter how it is distributed, the structure will eventually destroy itself under the weight of its own idiocy.

And it really does not matter what the GOP in the USA do about it, or what Mr Obama himself chooses to say about any given economic policy. While central banks exist, while currency can be based purely on debt, there will be a shadow looming over persons who rely on that currency for their existence, because even as they toil to attain markers of this scandalous system, it robs them and their children of future stability.

To suggest that the entire debate as we know it throughout the western world, is another part of the veil which hides this truth from people, is not a theory without merit. I would go as far as to say that much of the political flim flammery which we experience here in the UK, as well as that which is seen across the wide blue ocean, is nothing more than a performance of minstrels and jesters, designed in such a way as to obfuscate the reality of matters, the fact that all of the current players in politics are there because they want to partake in the spoils of this vast theft.

Perhaps I am being overly cynical, but I believe that Obama knows this, that the dullard who came before him knew it, and so does every person who works at any level above that of your local town mayor, in politics. By that measure therefore, the US Dollar, the Pound, and many other currencies are nothing short of 'Stinkburger' and in forcing us to involve ourselves with their operation, the system which provides them all is, in and of itself 'Meanwich'.
edit on 3-4-2014 by TrueBrit because: Spelling and grammar improvement.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

xuenchen
President Obama was addressing a crowd at the University of Michigan yesterday, and perhaps in a humorous way, he made some funny statements.

He said Republicans offer "stinkburger" ideas that are a real "meanwich."

He apparently was referring to economic policies.

I heard this on the radio, I live right up the road from U of M and the campus radio station broadcast this. The reporter got it wrong, Obama was talking about GOP opposition to the PPACA when he made the stinkburger comment, he also referenced a local deli in that comment in an attempt to seem connected to the audience. He talked quite a bit about raising the minimum wage too.

They tried to make this seem like Obama was talking to "normal students" but that's not true. There were a few "normal students" there but the crowd was packed with campus political operatives such as the various student Progressive orgs were there, the black student union was there, some other minority student groups were there.

He pretty much tried to be funny all the way through the speech, I thought it was a massive fail and I can't wait until we once again have a President who can act like an adult. I also can't wait for the day when students at a supposedly prestigious University don't applaud someone for talking down to them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Goteborg
They tried to make this seem like Obama was talking to "normal students" but that's not true. There were a few "normal students" there but the crowd was packed with campus political operatives such as the various student Progressive orgs were there, the black student union was there, some other minority student groups were there.

Are you seriously suggesting that.....

Progressive Students are not "Normal"?
Black Students are not "Normal"?
Minority Students are not "Normal"?

If the Student Chess Club were there, would they no longer be "Normal"?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

BritofTexas

Goteborg

Are you seriously suggesting that.....

Progressive Students are not "Normal"?
Black Students are not "Normal"?
Minority Students are not "Normal"?

If the Student Chess Club were there, would they no longer be "Normal"?

I'm not suggesting anything, I am flat-out saying that the politically active groups on campus hold political opinions not in line with the bulk of the student body.

As far as I know the chess club, and there is one, isn't a political organization in any way but if you want to try to make that comparison feel free.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Obama----->>>>> Give America a raise!

Give America a raise?

I thought raises were based on merit and performance.

Oh wait, raises are kind of like trophies.

Never mind. . . .

(to add, "Obama----->>>>>>>" funny and brilliant idea LOLZ)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Goteborg
I'm not suggesting anything, I am flat-out saying that the politically active groups on campus hold political opinions not in line with the bulk of the student body.

It would seen the "bulk of the student body" is very "politically active"

• American Constitution Society for Law & Policy
  • Asian American Law Students Association (AALSA]
  • Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA)
  • Black Law Students Alliance (BLSA)
  • Business Law Association (BLA)
  • Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union
  • Christian Law Students (CLS)
  • Criminal Law Society (CLS)
  • Environmental Law Society (ELS)
  • Family Law Project
  • Federalist Society
  • Food Stamp Advocacy Project

In the interests of space I think we'll stop there.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

BritofTexas

Goteborg

It would seen the "bulk of the student body" is very "politically active"

• American Constitution Society for Law & Policy
  • Asian American Law Students Association (AALSA]
  • Asian Pacific American Law Students Association (APALSA)
  • Black Law Students Alliance (BLSA)
  • Chapter of American Civil Liberties Union
  • Christian Law Students (CLS)
  • Criminal Law Society (CLS)
  • Environmental Law Society (ELS)
  • Family Law Project
  • Federalist Society
  • Food Stamp Advocacy Project

In the interests of space I think we'll stop there.

There are lot of specialty groups on campus, hundreds of them in fact and I'm far more familiar with the campus than you are. Most of the groups you listed are not political in nature beyond their very narrow area of interest. Don't stop on my account, I want you to tell me more about the University of Michigan.

There are over 30,000 students on the Ann Arbor campus and that's only the full-time students living there during the academic year. Surely you're not suggesting that they all belong to politically oriented groups? Or even a majority of them? Or even a sizable minority of them? Don't stop on my account, I want to hear everything you know about the Ann Arbor campus. I know far more than you about it, ask me how I know

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It must be the version of the Saul Alinsky tactics they're using this year. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yep it is classic Saul Alinsky.

'Attack, and try to marginalize' them.

Some people think that is 'benefiting' the Presidency of the US ?

That is grade school mentality.
edit on 3-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wasn't even aware the GOP had put forth ANY policy in years. Too busy voting on Obamacare for the 1,000 time and failing. Too busy fighting among themselves over who is more conservative. Does anyone remember the last policy proposal to come out of the GOP? I think they have tried to get something done on immigration or some such, but they can't even draft new policy that can get past their own party.

I guess the President shouldn't call GOP policies "stinkburgers" after all. More like "nonexistantburgers".

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

Good point. The last serious policy proposal I remember from the GOP at the national level was the Contract with America and that was 20 years ago. Since then they've not really seemed to do anything other than take up space.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Bassago

Pretty much a known fact when some people get frustrated and cannot make logical points on their own agendas they use the old fallback. Name calling.

OKAY, your comment made me laugh out loud.

People also result to name calling when other people are being petulant jerks. In fact Obama's point is actually very logical and he sets out to prove his premise by explaining why GOP policies suck.

Voting for Republicans is illogical, unless you are very rich or hoping to destroy the government on purpose.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Skyfloating
Liberals vs. Conservatives has always been dumbburger vs. meanwhich and probably always will be.

I used to think that, based upon my experiences here, now I am not so sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Voting for Republicans is illogical, unless you are very rich or hoping to destroy the government on purpose.

Destroy the government before it destroys us?

Hmmm. . . . .

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

Voting for Republicans is illogical, unless you are very rich or hoping to destroy the government on purpose. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

And voting Democrat has accomplished the biggest expansion of government power over the last 100 years.

It is illogical to vote either DEMOCRAT or republican.

Because the only thing that is being done is.

WE THE PEOPLE are the ones getting destroyed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join