It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals fleeing Yellowstone? Impending EQ or other sign?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

The guy from Yellowstone said that the bison leave at this time every year because food runs out in the higher elevations. They move to the lower elevations where it's warmer and the grass greens up earlier. Why do you guys assume that these creatures want a colder climate to live in?' They were at one time plains animals . They don't seek colder climes. It's the hair I realize that.
But these animals are moving to lower elevations right now not higher.
This may or may not be mentioned in the vid above. I didn't watch it. It was in an official statement from the park about the earthquake and some folks being concerned when they saw the bison leaving.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

"Water Bison, Water Bison..... Something you wash your fice in" Roger Mcgough

Peace,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
i THINK THERE SHOULD STILL BE LOTS OF SNOW THERE SO THEY ARE LOOKING FOR EASY MOVEMENT

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

The article said they move down in the autumn, not in the middle of March, which is when this video was taken. This time of year they are moving back into the park from the outer edges. That's what the article states.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
St. Louis news outlet reporting on the animal exodus, not much info though:
kplr11.com...

The EQ activity in Yellowstone and other regions that are currently active is not new or rare, but it is more frequent and stronger than usual right now. From Chile to California to Yellowstone we are seeing quakes that are the strongest in decades, and the recent swarms in Oklahoma are brand new.

The Earthquake Watch thread has some interesting graphs.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

That is not what the park ranger said yesterday. I just love it when people think they know what I've seen or heard.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 3shadesofblack

Maybe April 8th-14th will bring us more enlightenment on the subject. As mars approaches us at 300 km every minute we might be under the effect of its gravity a bit. April 8th-14th something big may happen would be my prediction. I hope many read this and check out the article. I also read a few independent news outlets who are constantly predicting weather patterns and have now connected the sun directly to earth. As the sun reaches its minimum low we somehow are correspondingly weakening to a low here on earth too. I watch this news cast in the mornings for some understanding of many internet available facts and some output by the displayer as well.... he does a great job introducing astrological and terrestrial information.

science.nasa.gov...

www.youtube.com...

^^^ Does a news cast every morning and sometimes in the evening.... Worth watching

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Worth watching imho. Animals DO know things.

FOX News: Animals leaving Yellowstone Park

WYOMING – An animal exodus at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming has residents and tourists wondering if they know something they don’t.
Bison and many other animals are leaving Yellowstone in droves, and its prompting theories that minor earthquakes in the area could soon set off the Yellowstone Super Volcano.
A series of smaller quakes have hit the region over the past few weeks, and the more earthquakes hit an area, the more chances a volcano may be activated from its dormant state.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Easter sale at Target....get there before the rush. Chocolate bunnies at half off

This doesn't look good guys, I think the animals sense something is coming. It doesn't have to be a super volcanic eruption though, a small eruption in the future does make the animals move away.

Why wouldn't they tell people that there may be an eruption? Possibly because they are not sure what is going to happen. You can't be starting a panic move just because buffalo are moving out. That could destroy the local economy. I'm sure the people around there are watching this, but remember, buffalo can't move very fast, we can drive at seventy miles per hour with no problem...well, if the buffalo are on the roads, I suppose it could be a problem. Let the slow ones move out first, we can wait. We can move faster.

If it blows in a major super eruption, being a hundred miles away can still be dangerous, the shock wave can level everything.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
While it is a known fact that animals can sense natural disasters before they happen, seeing bison and elk on the roads is not a rare thing near the park.

They usually take the path of least resistance.

But in the end I just don't trust the PTB.

Even if they knew something was coming they wouldn't want a panic, so in my opinion they will keep it quiet as long as possible to preserve the status quo.

If they announced that a major eruption was coming all hell would break loose.

People would stop going to work, stop paying bills, looting and hoarding would skyrocket. Financial markets would collapse and the effect on the country could be worse than the actual disaster.

Asteroid, volcano, etc...

We won't know until it happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Completely anecdotal, but I haven't slept well for 2 weeks. I'm nowhere near Yellowstone. I thought it was work and stress related. Last night was the worst, because nobody in my house slept. The kids were up and down all night, the dog was up and down, he barked mysteriously a time or two. My rooster was crowing at 12:30 am, and again at 2 am, and again at 4am and for the rest of the morning.

I thought it was just my house, but I get to work this morning and 2 other people were running late and saying they were up late. Kids wouldn't go to bed. One guy said his dog started having seizures at about 2 am, and that has never happened before (might be a brain tumor).

Anyway, just food for thought. Probably just a coincidence, but kids and animals seemed to be acting strange in my area last night, and we are not in the Midwest where the storm system was going through, and we are not anywhere near Yellowstone.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well, animals are much more in tune with nature than we are, and as such, do know these kinds of things. Somethings coming, but we won't know what it is, or how bad it is, till it gets here. so just kick back, grab some popcorn and enjoy yourself

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
We don't see other animals running in or out of the park so we should just chalk this up to them being spooked by something benign and they are running while on their migratory route. If we start seeing other animals on the move then we should worry. Some of these guys died a few years back too - got too close to a hot springs and it is thought the gasses killed them. It caused a bit of a stir but given these guys even fall into hot water sometimes it wasn't too out of the ordinary. Just sad.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My bunion is flaring up... means yellowstone is going off... happens every time my darn bunion hurts (leans back on rocking chair and chews hay)... yepp.

Oh and ol' Jacobs steer gave birth, too... bad omen... unless ol' Jacob don't know steer from cow... ay-yup.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Rezlooper
I think the video, which you should post on here in your OP, is of buffalo running down the road heading out of Yellowstone. That was a couple of weeks ago, which would have been prior to the 4.8. But, in another story, Yellowstone officials reported that half of the Elk herd is missing from Yellowstone and they don't know where they are. So, you have earthquake swarms, ancient helium releasing, the largest quake in 34 years and also there has been an uplift of the ground of a couple of inches over the past five months and it slid southward nearly an inch as well. Who knows, but officials and the media are downplaying the significance of it all, even as far as saying in one report that Yellowstone may be past its prime and a dying volcano. It takes Russian media and other alternative sources to bring these things to the forefront. I guess it comes down to who do you believe?

When I seen the "Helium being released." You were the first person I thought of REZ.

And, yes they do say animals know before we do. Is this a sign? Don't know. I'm sure we will find out eventually.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I have been keeping my eye on this as well.....
A story issued a 4.8 earthquake happened after this video was shot (I will go find the link www.huffingtonpost.com...).
Why I say after this video was shot is in the comments of the video you posted. Or one that I happened upon of the same video.....

Animals still have not lost all of the wild survival instinct that "most", humans have lost. You can observe this just watching wildlife.... life or death. Even getting hurt can result in death so anything they feel,see,touch,or hear that might cause them harm they are out of there!!
Wildlife cares for only a couple things. Eating, sleeping , breeding and of course their safety. Animals are something to keep a eye on.... they have survived without a thumb, fire, electricity, tv sets, microwave ovens on and on all these years for a reason

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Baddogma
My bunion is flaring up... means yellowstone is going off... happens every time my darn bunion hurts (leans back on rocking chair and chews hay)... yepp.

Oh and ol' Jacobs steer gave birth, too... bad omen... unless ol' Jacob don't know steer from cow... ay-yup.

THIS is funny!

Hey, it never means anything until it means something. Hindsight is 20/20, etc., etc.

I don't really think anything will happen, but we might as well discuss it. Its this or the Ft. Hood shooting, or getting back to work, and nobody wants to do that!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I completely believe in animals sensing impending doom.
However, what I'm not sure about is if the animals running are a normal occurrence. Wouldn't they leave for the winter when winter starts, not ending though?

It is getting a bit of a concern with earthquakes seemingly strengthening in magnitude lately.
Yellowstone blowing would dump ash everywhere, all over the world as it gets carried by wind. Ash can kill.

I worry other volcanoes nearby will somehow react as well. Are they connected by one giant magma chamber? I thought I read they were, like to the cascades. Not sure so don't quote me on that.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
IA animals can sense things us humans can no longer sense. This quote from this article makes it seem like we are just now starting winter?? I don't think I understand what he is saying here:

We do have bison, elk and other animals that have moved outside the park recently, but they're doing that because it's the depth of winter, food is a little hard to find in places inside Yellowstone, and they tend to migrate at this time of the winter outside the park to lower elevations where they think there might be something to eat that's easier to get at.

I would think they woulda moved out the park earlier than now .... but he says this too..

Researchers are skeptical. After years of study, the U.S. Geological Survey has this to say: "Changes in animal behavior cannot be used to predict earthquakes. Even though there have been documented cases of unusual animal behavior prior to earthquakes, a reproducible connection between a specific behavior and the occurrence of an earthquake has not been made. Animals change their behavior for many reasons and given that an earthquake can shake millions of people, it is likely that a few of their pets will, by chance, be acting strangely before an earthquake."

I think just cause science hasn't found a link there doesn't really mean anything at all, animals can clearly tell when something is about to occur.

Q: How imminent is an eruption of the Yellowstone Volcano? A: There is no evidence that a catastrophic eruption at Yellowstone National Park (YNP) is imminent. Current geologic activity at Yellowstone has remained relatively constant since earth scientists first started monitoring some 30 years ago. Though another caldera-forming eruption is theoretically possible, it is very unlikely to occur in the next thousand or even 10,000 years.

Yellowstone Animals Fleeing Park
edit on 4-4-2014 by WhoDat09 because: added something

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

thepolish1

Rezlooper
I think the video, which you should post on here in your OP, is of buffalo running down the road heading out of Yellowstone. That was a couple of weeks ago, which would have been prior to the 4.8. But, in another story, Yellowstone officials reported that half of the Elk herd is missing from Yellowstone and they don't know where they are. So, you have earthquake swarms, ancient helium releasing, the largest quake in 34 years and also there has been an uplift of the ground of a couple of inches over the past five months and it slid southward nearly an inch as well. Who knows, but officials and the media are downplaying the significance of it all, even as far as saying in one report that Yellowstone may be past its prime and a dying volcano. It takes Russian media and other alternative sources to bring these things to the forefront. I guess it comes down to who do you believe?

When I seen the "Helium being released." You were the first person I thought of REZ.

And, yes they do say animals know before we do. Is this a sign? Don't know. I'm sure we will find out eventually.

Hey Polish, yeah the helium release caught my attention right away too.

When this was first reported a few weeks ago, it came out like it really had scientists worried, but then they started downplaying it right away. When helium-4 gases start emitting from below it's usually a precursor to eruptions, well, that's the case in many volcanoes around the world, like El Hierro. That volcano had some groaning and rumbling sounds for seven months as the gas built up and seeped through the soil and sediment, and then finally erupted with a large plume.

These helium gas releases are usually caused by tectonic plate movement and there has been plenty of that lately at Yellowstone. Granted, experts say this helium has been releasing for millions of years, they just recently said that there is up to a thousand times more gas emitting than they had previously thought.

Here is the Los Angeles Times story about it.

Los Angeles Times story on helium release

"Think of it this way: You have these old crustal rocks just sitting around for hundreds of millions, perhaps billions of years," Evans said. "They have this boring little existence, and then suddenly somebody puts the heat on under them and they start giving up all their long-held secrets."

So, a few weeks ago helium gas starts emitting and there are a few reports of animals fleeing the park. But, there was more to it than that. Officials had been tracking some major earth deformation taking place at Yellowstone, such as the formation of a circular pattern from some small ground changes. A 3.5 centimeter uplift was tracked from a GPS station there in one section of the park. The same ground had moved in a southerly direction about a centimeter and a half. This was tracked over a five-month period. Other events like this were taking place at the same time in the area and all the events form a large circle, like the round mouth of a volcano.
Scientists said this land deformation episode is consistent with an underground build up or minor pressurization about five miles deep near Norris Junction.

All these events are things that have been seen at other volcanoes just before eruption, for instance, elevation of the ground, development of new cracks, earthquake swarms, and the presence of helium-4 coming out of the surface. A week prior to this report about the helium-4 gas, one of the largest earthquakes in the US for that particular week erupted near by to the park which was evidence of magma movement below the crust. That was a 3.6, but then last week we get the 4.8 quake.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join