It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama---->>Zero U.S. Troops Died In Combat In March, The First Time In More Than A Decade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its been a while since we saw something like this. After such a long war its nice to see good news.

March 2014 marked the first time in more than a decade that there were zero U.S. fatalities among American troops engaging in combat, according to numbers from the Department of Defense. After a decade at war in the post-9/11 environment, with major wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and smaller conflicts in the various other countries where the U.S. uses more covert methods to fight against terrorism, the lack of combat deaths in March 2014 marks a milestone. In Iraq, the death toll reached 4,474 before the last soldier fell in November 2011. For years after the war’s launch in 2003, no months passed where at least one American didn’t die in battle and then only towards the end of the conflict did the numbers taper off enough to have a month where the only fatalities were non-combat related.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

That's great news!
But, I wonder what the suicide toll was for March 2014?

edit on 3-4-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

DenyFlatulence

That's great news!

They have increased funding for mental health for veterans, which is a good thing, but many many want to cut government, which sould also cut this. I think Paul Ryan wants to cut out mental health for veterans.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I think Paul Ryan wants to cut out mental health for veterans.

Uh huh, got a source to back that statement up?

Maybe if they would stop sending the troops on multiple tours the suicide rates could drop too. If your source is true then I'm glad for the soldiers. Don't see what Obama has to do with it though. I take it you're a really big O fan from your threads.
edit on 322am3838am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I believe the OP's source is correct. I've seen it on nbc earlier today no troops were killed in March indeed. However, the OP himself is definitely just spewing an agenda. Obama had nothing to do with this. The psychopaths over there were unable to get an IED to go off properly for a month that's all this is.

Get the troops out and itll be no deaths every month.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Has Obama taken "credit" for this?

It's certainly good enough news.

Maybe he's not so agreeable.

This should have started a frenzy at the White House !!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
how many vets died fighting the VA?

(ps
side note:
we just had the highest output of opium from afghanistan last month....just sayin)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Danbones
how many vets died fighting the VA?

(ps
side note:
we just had the highest output of opium from afghanistan last month....just sayin)

lolll.... so afghanistan was an pointless war afterall !
just an waste of money and lives

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Zero U.S. Troops Died In Combat

well that depends on how ya want look at it

edit on 3-4-2014 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

ressiv
lolll.... so afghanistan was an pointless war afterall !
just an waste of money and lives

They have an election coming up that is open to all.

There military units are now able to prevent the Taliban from taking the major cities.

For the first time in a long time women could go to school.

While it may appear to be a waste, some good came out of it.

Sometimes all a situation needs is a kickstart... The Afghan people can take it from there since its their country.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Skymon612

DenyFlatulence

That's great news!

They have increased funding for mental health for veterans, which is a good thing, but many many want to cut government, which sould also cut this. I think Paul Ryan wants to cut out mental health for veterans.

It "should" not also cut this. How is it that some people still don't see that most of our money goes to waste and special interests. If it get's cut, it's because they wanted to spend your money just not on helping soldiers.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Why does every thread you author have to have Obama in the thread title even if the content has nothing to do with him? Are you trying to pick a fight with the Obama haters or something?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well, my unit just got back from Afghanistan. Their next deployment is the Asia-Pacific region.

Its only natural that casualties would diminish as troops withdrawal continue to diminish as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

After such a long war its nice to see good news.

While I share this sentiment...soldiers are still dying every day...not from combat, but the long term psychological effects from it...

Shocking figures show one U.S. soldier commits suicide EVERY DAY

Suicides are surging among America's troops, averaging nearly one a day this year - the fastest pace in the nation's decade of war.
The 154 suicides for active-duty troops in the first 155 days of the year far outdistance the U.S. forces killed in action in Afghanistan - about 50 per cent more - according to Pentagon statistics obtained by The Associated Press.
The numbers reflect a military burdened with wartime demands from Iraq and Afghanistan that have taken a greater toll than foreseen a decade ago. The military also is struggling with increased sexual assaults, alcohol abuse, domestic violence and other misbehavior.

Source

Though the battles may be over for now....the cost in the lives of US service men and women continues to be paid.

edit on 03America/Chicagopm032014-04-03T13:47:42-05:00pmThursday04 by deadcalm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Skymon612
Its been a while since we saw something like this. After such a long war its nice to see good news.

March 2014 marked the first time in more than a decade that there were zero U.S. fatalities among American troops engaging in combat, according to numbers from the Department of Defense. After a decade at war in the post-9/11 environment, with major wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and smaller conflicts in the various other countries where the U.S. uses more covert methods to fight against terrorism, the lack of combat deaths in March 2014 marks a milestone. In Iraq, the death toll reached 4,474 before the last soldier fell in November 2011. For years after the war’s launch in 2003, no months passed where at least one American didn’t die in battle and then only towards the end of the conflict did the numbers taper off enough to have a month where the only fatalities were non-combat related.

thinkprogress.org...

What a stupid thing to say from an administration responsible for carrying on the killing of millions of innocent civilians ..critically wounding 10's of thousands more .. and killing of more US soldiers than the Americans who died in their false flag 911 .. destabilizing so many countries, displacing millions in refugee status ..
Ya sure, lets just not take all that into account ... lets just be proud you didn't kill anyone in March ..bloody moron!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Obama doesn't count the suicides.

How. . . how progressive of him.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I thank God for you Barry, your our hero, now go back on vacation

edit on 3-4-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The Taliban knows the US is pulling out.

They will just wait and attack after the US has left and take the country over again.

Why get killed fighting one of the best militaries in the world when you can wait and fight one of the worst.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

junglimogli
What a stupid thing to say from an administration responsible for carrying on the killing of millions of innocent civilians ..critically wounding 10's of thousands more .. and killing of more US soldiers than the Americans who died in their false flag 911 .. destabilizing so many countries, displacing millions in refugee status ..
Ya sure, lets just not take all that into account ... lets just be proud you didn't kill anyone in March ..bloody moron!

Source links please to the casualty amounts you are using.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

This is true for the month of March.

However in the month of March there have been deaths of other coalition forces.

Please remember that Americans aren't the only ones fighting and dying out here. I've watched good men from different nations get seriously messed up or die out here, not to mention the men who fight and die in the Afghan National Army.

While this is certainly good news for the my fellow Americans, as a soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan it is difficult for me to absorb this news in the same way you folks back home do. To me, the Brits, Lithuanians, Australians, Romanians, Jordanians, Georgians, Qataris, Afghans and the many many other nations conducting combat operations down here are just as much my brothers in arms as those of us wearing the Red, White, and Blue.

I've worked with elements of every single one of these nationalities. They are good men and women and deserve to be recognized for their selfless sacrifices.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join