It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination now Legal In Mississippi

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Dsicrimination made legal in Mississippi...was it ever ILLEGAL ???

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

oblvion

Honcho

Metallicus

Skymon612
Mississippi the state that ranks #2 in dependency on the federal government...

So I guess it bothers you that you are FORCED to support people you disagree with?

Now you know how religious people feel.

Hmmm, so it's okay for someone to use their "freedom" to take away another group of peoples freedom in the name of freedom? Seems highly ironic if you ask me.

Are religious people being forced to be homosexuals? No, they are not.

Are they being forced to get abortions? No, they are not.

Are they being forced to take birth control, or use condoms? No they are not.

It has everything to do with what they see happening around them. Not within them.

These people are not having their freedoms or choices reduced. And they are not having something forced onto them specifically. Because it doesn't even concern them as individuals.

So the owners of hobby lobby arent being forced to pay for products they find reprehensible to their religious beliefs?

How about the baker who has to bake wedding cakes for gays now?

I am not even religious, but see this as the left forcing their beliefs on others.

Nobody has to work for hobby lobby. There are other bakers that can and will make gay wedding cakes.

The fringe are trying to force the mainstream to not only allow, but participate in their activities.

It isnt enough for gays to be tolerated, they have to force non gay folks to do what they want.....The baker.

It isnt enough that birth control is like $10 a month, they have to force the owners of hobby lobby to pay for products they are against.

Just exactly who is trying to force whom here?
edit on 2014bThursdayv1120144 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

I'm glad you brought hobby lobby into the mix. I actually saw a interesting thread earlier abut them. Your good buddies buy a great deal of product from China, much like most others U.S. companies.

What's so alarming about that?

Well, China has a very, very strict policy towards the amount of children their citizens may have. They are only permitted one. If the woman ends up having twins or higher, that is the only exception. China has a system of people who actively and aggressively find people who break this rule. And the punishment is not very light. And this of course would end up in the death of the child.

And on top of that, people in China also do it simply because some of their babies come out as girls. India also does this as well. The reason these countries do this, is because men are viewed as superior to girls. Men are viewed as money generators and providers. While women are viewed more as a burden.

Seems to me Hobby Lobby is feeding loads of cash to a country that carries out policies more highly against their faith compared to what happens on their turf here in the States.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

mOjOm

oblvion

So the owners of hobby lobby arent being forced to pay for products they find reprehensible to their religious beliefs?

You mean those very same products that they are heavily invested in for years now. 3/4 of Hobby Lobby's Retirement Investments are in the very companies who manufacture those reprehensible products which are against their Religious Beliefs.

But I guess it's different when they are making money off of those products rather than spending money on them, right???

Their claim of righteousness and religious belief is a LIE. You've been had. They've played upon the emotional and spiritual ideals of people and taken them all for a ride to suit their own agenda. Look behind the curtain which has recently been pulled open and shows the Great Wizard for who he really is, a big fat hypocritical lying group of selfish A-holes.

Why thank you for pointing out the thing that will destroy your entire point.

You just described humanity in a nutshell.

We all do it, all the time. Denying it only means your a liar.

Be honest, you discriminate all the time, we all do. It is a fact of human nature.

Laws will not ever change the way we are.

We can either accept who we are and drive on as best we can, or we will simply regulate ourselves out of existance through idiocy.

How many laws are currently on the book s in the US?

It is actually tens of thousands, just at the federal level, not including state county and city, or ords and regs.

There is not one single person who ever lived that can make it through life without breaking some of these, and there never will be, all the while they make more every day.

Why dont those like you just suggest everything be illegal, I mean that is what you actually want right?

If you dont physically harm another, it should be perfectly fine.

"OMG that gay guy wasnt liked by everyone he met, there should be a law"

I mean really, what is next, the "V chip" to be the thought police for us?

People are not now nor ever will be your idea of perfect, they are theirs you are yours. All are right in their beliefs, according to them.

It seems so easy to me, I think and say what I want. You do the same.

The difference is, your side tries to make my side agree with you through force of law and fines and jail, while my side has no probs allowing you the right the think and say what you want, no matter how stupid it sounds and seems to me.

One of us is a control freak that needs professional help, the other is just a guy living his life.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Honcho

Bone75

Honcho
These people are not having their freedoms or choices reduced. And they are not having something forced onto them specifically. Because it doesn't even concern them as individuals.

Umm excuse me, but telling me I have to bake a cake with 2 grooms on top of it or face discrimination charges qualifies as force in my book.

What happens when it is the only florist or bakery for miles around? Suppose they end up finding a new one only to be shot down once again, and then again. I'm sure there would be an unprecedented uproar if some of these businesses started refusing Christians service based solely on their religious faith. And it would just end up having people kick and scream saying it's a violation of their first amendment right as well. I have no doubt in my mind that it would.

I thought Christianity was based heavily on love and forgiveness. Love thy neighbor after all. Doesn't seem like their following their so-called faith the right way anyway. And I highly doubt there's any where in the bible that states gay people should be denied pastries.

It doesnt mater if I am the only mechanic in the entire country, I do not have to work for you if I dont want to.

Trying to force me to is called slavery.

You know, where a freeman is forced to labor for another, against their will.

Your ebtire point is idiocy incarnate.

If it is the only florist in the closest 6 states, they do not have to work for you, I dont care what you want or what your reasons.

What is your job?

I am going to come and insult all you hold sacred and then under force of law, make you work for me.....does this in any way sound reasonable to you?

A freeman works for whom he wants when he wants. There are not if ands or buts to this.

A freeman does not have to render services, claiming so is claiming slavery is ok.

Are you misguided or daft?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

oblvion

Well lets see here, discrimination is legal..."black panthers" "KKK" "feminism" "religious vs anti religious" " black only neighborhoods" " only the mexican flag being allowed to be flown on cinco de mayo".........."I like pringles not ruffles" " I prefer hamburgers to hot dogs"....

I mean we all discriminate all day every day.

Your entire point is pointless.

What you really mean is that a white christian isnt allowed to discriminate like all other social groups do all the time.

Dont hide your BS, just come out and say what you mean.

Am I hiding??? I am saying exactly what I mean. You want LEGAL JUSTIFICATION TO USE BUSINESS AS A WAY TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN YOU DON'T LIKE THEM AND WANT LEGAL PROTECTION IN USING BUSINESS DEALINGS TO RESTRICT THEIR FREEDOM TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU BASED UPON NOTHING BUT A DIFFERENCE IN LIFESTYLE CHOICES.

That is what I am seeing. I don't know how else to put it other than to be a dick and say you just want legal protection in being an Asshole to a certain people when it comes to how you run your business. Is that clear enough yet???

I don't give a sh!t what color or religion that person is either. I don't support Black Panthers, or Feminists, or any other group who discriminates against anyone either so don't try pushing that BS on me and label me as such. WTF is the hotdog and hamburger thing about also??? You're using completely insane examples which make no sense. I've never heard of a hotdog feeling discriminated against because the hamburger was chosen. Can we keep this in the realm of normal reality please??

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Mississippi the state that ranks #2 in dependency on the federal government and takes in more in federal aid than it pays in to the system, mostly paid for by taxpayers in California and New York - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So just for clarification, how exactly does Mississippi's federal "dependency" and amount of aid it receives tie in with the article you linked about the state legislature on discrimination? And are you trying to say that people in CA and NY pay more taxes than the rest of the country or that somehow those two states have been chosen to foot the majority of the bill for MS? Not only does that sound highly improbable, but also does not seem to have anything to do whatsoever with the topic of your post.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

No, you're wrong. This isn't about how you feel or think on a personal level. I don't care what you think or feel about anyone else or group. I'm not talking about what Personal attributes. You don't like a gay person, fine don't like them. You don't want gay or black or ethnic friends, fine don't have any. That's a personal choice, think and feel however you want.

THIS IS ABOUT HOW YOU CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THE PUBLIC.

You can't legislate people into liking each other. I never once have made that my argument. But when it comes to how you run your business and how it interacts with the general populace, yeah, you need some regulations in place. Why, because there is always some asshole who rather than just keeping his personal feelings out of things will use his business as a means of hurting or abusing or taking advantage of other people in every way possible.

Hate anyone you want on a personal level, I don't care. But you can't run your business that way when it's open to the public.

This goes the same across the board.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

mOjOm

oblvion

Well lets see here, discrimination is legal..."black panthers" "KKK" "feminism" "religious vs anti religious" " black only neighborhoods" " only the mexican flag being allowed to be flown on cinco de mayo".........."I like pringles not ruffles" " I prefer hamburgers to hot dogs"....

I mean we all discriminate all day every day.

Your entire point is pointless.

What you really mean is that a white christian isnt allowed to discriminate like all other social groups do all the time.

Dont hide your BS, just come out and say what you mean.

Am I hiding??? I am saying exactly what I mean. You want LEGAL JUSTIFICATION TO USE BUSINESS AS A WAY TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PEOPLE FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN YOU DON'T LIKE THEM AND WANT LEGAL PROTECTION IN USING BUSINESS DEALINGS TO RESTRICT THEIR FREEDOM TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU BASED UPON NOTHING BUT A DIFFERENCE IN LIFESTYLE CHOICES.

That is what I am seeing. I don't know how else to put it other than to be a dick and say you just want legal protection in being an Asshole to a certain people when it comes to how you run your business. Is that clear enough yet???

I don't give a sh!t what color or religion that person is either. I don't support Black Panthers, or Feminists, or any other group who discriminates against anyone either so don't try pushing that BS on me and label me as such. WTF is the hotdog and hamburger thing about also??? You're using completely insane examples which make no sense. I've never heard of a hotdog feeling discriminated against because the hamburger was chosen. Can we keep this in the realm of normal reality please??

No I do not!!!

I want folks to be free to think for themselves.

I am not religious, and am not pro or anti gay marriage.

I am a man, men are not attractive to me, does this mean I discriminate against them? NO

I am saying, a mechanic cant be forced to fix your car, even if he doesnt want to because your gay. A capenter cant be forced to build your house, even if his reason is your gay.

The corner market cant be forced to sell you goods, even if their reason is your gay.

You make another human work for you, this is known as slavery.

This is always wrong at all times.

I dont deny your position people shouldnt discriminate, but the fact is they do, actual slavery is not going to resolve this issue, and neither will any number of laws.

Human nature is not bound by rules or laws, just like nature it gives a toss about rules, it does as it wills at the time.

Making legal slavery laws that demand I work for you will not now or ever work out.

Can you not see the reality of this situation?

Laws dont make people civil. They make people who were once considered civil into criminals.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

oblvion

Honcho

Bone75

Honcho

Umm excuse me, but telling me I have to bake a cake with 2 grooms on top of it or face discrimination charges qualifies as force in my book.

What happens when it is the only florist or bakery for miles around? Suppose they end up finding a new one only to be shot down once again, and then again. I'm sure there would be an unprecedented uproar if some of these businesses started refusing Christians service based solely on their religious faith. And it would just end up having people kick and scream saying it's a violation of their first amendment right as well. I have no doubt in my mind that it would.

I thought Christianity was based heavily on love and forgiveness. Love thy neighbor after all. Doesn't seem like their following their so-called faith the right way anyway. And I highly doubt there's any where in the bible that states gay people should be denied pastries.

It doesnt mater if I am the only mechanic in the entire country, I do not have to work for you if I dont want to.

If it is the only florist in the closest 6 states, they do not have to work for you, I dont care what you want or what your reasons.

What is your job?

I am going to come and insult all you hold sacred and then under force of law, make you work for me.....does this in any way sound reasonable to you?

A freeman works for whom he wants when he wants. There are not if ands or buts to this.

A freeman does not have to render services, claiming so is claiming slavery is ok.

Slavery is when someone is the bought property of another person. And they are typically not even paid a wage at all.

Plus, Christianity has various passages/verses in favor of slavery, in both the NT and OT. Doesn't seem like a very good argument to bring into the mix. At least not when it involves Christianity.

Heck, people like you and me may as well be considered slaves underneath god anyway within Christianity anyway. Do what your told and obey and you'll be fine. And never obey or pray to anything else. If you don't? Well, here comes a nice realm filled with extreme torture and anguish. Seems fair right?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

mOjOm
reply to post by oblvion

No, you're wrong. This isn't about how you feel or think on a personal level. I don't care what you think or feel about anyone else or group. I'm not talking about what Personal attributes. You don't like a gay person, fine don't like them. You don't want gay or black or ethnic friends, fine don't have any. That's a personal choice, think and feel however you want.

THIS IS ABOUT HOW YOU CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THE PUBLIC.

You can't legislate people into liking each other. I never once have made that my argument. But when it comes to how you run your business and how it interacts with the general populace, yeah, you need some regulations in place. Why, because there is always some asshole who rather than just keeping his personal feelings out of things will use his business as a means of hurting or abusing or taking advantage of other people in every way possible.

Hate anyone you want on a personal level, I don't care. But you can't run your business that way when it's open to the public.

This goes the same across the board.

You are flat out wrong.

No business MUST OFFER SERVICES to anyone it doesnt want to.

All businesses via the SCOTUS have the same rights as individuals( citizens united) ( a rather dark point in the SCOTUS history IMHO), this is a fact. It is no longer open to debate at this point.

YOU CANNOT MAKE SOMEONE WORK FOR YOU!!!!!!! THAT IS SLAVERY!!!!!

If you forced me to bake you a cake, I would take a crap in the mix.

If you forced me to fix your car, I would cut your brake lines.

If you forced me to build your house, I would not nail in the floor joists or anchor the building to the foundation, meaning the first strong wind would fold it like a house of cards.

Make me work for you, you will learn very fast why this doesnt work out.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

It doesnt mater if I am the only mechanic in the entire country, I do not have to work for you if I dont want to. Trying to force me to is called slavery. You know, where a freeman is forced to labor for another, against their will. Your ebtire point is idiocy incarnate.

Really now? You left out the part about slavery not being a paying job. You know, where a person legally owns another person and is not required to pay them a salary, against their will. Which was abolished by the way, in case you weren't aware. Charging someone a fee for a service or product and then subsequently providing the customer with what you took their money in exchange for is called a business transaction, not forced labor...and certainly not slavery. What was that you were saying about idiocy again?

ETA:

YOU CANNOT MAKE SOMEONE WORK FOR YOU!!!!!!! THAT IS SLAVERY!!!!! If you forced me to bake you a cake, I would take a crap in the mix. If you forced me to fix your car, I would cut your brake lines. If you forced me to build your house, I would not nail in the floor joists or anchor the building to the foundation, meaning the first strong wind would fold it like a house of cards. Make me work for you, you will learn very fast why this doesnt work out.

Once again, are you being PAID to do the work? If you are accepting MONETARY COMPENSATION for working, it is NOT slavery. However after killing another human being -just because you don't agree with their sexual preferences or don't like the color of their skin- by cutting the brake line on their vehicle, you'll have the opportunity to go live in prison. Where you can find out for yourself just what slavery is all about.

edit on 3-4-2014 by tigertatzen because: ETA content

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Honcho

oblvion

Honcho

Bone75

Honcho

What is your job?

Slavery is when someone is the bought property of another person. And they are typically not even paid a wage at all.

Plus, Christianity has various passages/verses in favor of slavery, in both the NT and OT. Doesn't seem like a very good argument to bring into the mix. At least not when it involves Christianity.

Heck, people like you and me may as well be considered slaves underneath god anyway within Christianity anyway. Do what your told and obey and you'll be fine. And never obey or pray to anything else. If you don't? Well, here comes a nice realm filled with extreme torture and anguish. Seems fair right?

I am not religious at all, I am wiping my arsse with the bible the koran and the torra as we speak.

Religion was made to enslave men and their minds.

My goal is to free all men from all their bonds.

A man can be prejudiced if he wants, his business can deny service on those same grounds if he wants to.

Why do I have this feeling that if this was a baker that denied the cake because he is black and doesnt like white folks this would all be quite ok?

Oh ya, thats right, he would just take is business elsewhere and tell his friends, putting this guy out of business.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

tigertatzen
reply to post by oblvion

It doesnt mater if I am the only mechanic in the entire country, I do not have to work for you if I dont want to. Trying to force me to is called slavery. You know, where a freeman is forced to labor for another, against their will. Your ebtire point is idiocy incarnate.

Really now? You left out the part about slavery not being a paying job. You know, where a person legally owns another person and is not required to pay them a salary, against their will. Which was abolished by the way, in case you weren't aware. Charging someone a fee for a service or product and then subsequently providing the customer with what you took their money in exchange for is called a business transaction, not forced labor...and certainly not slavery. What was that you were saying about idiocy again?

Thanks for mentioning "forced labor", this is slavery BTW.

You are forcing a man to work against his will.=SLAVERY

Pay has nothing to do with it, the slaves were fed and housed, so they were paid.

They didnt get to decide for whom they worked or when they worked, this is slavery.

I guess the jews in the nazi factories werent slaves by your definition, since they werent bought. They were simply forced to work when they didnt want to?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

mOjOm

Let's say they wanted a cake with with the depiction of two people having sex made of frosting on it. Regardless of the sexuality of those frosting people be it gay or straight or whatever, the baker could simply say, "sorry we don't do those types of cakes here." That would be a case, like your example above, where declining their business because it's obscene would be allowed and could be argued in a court of law.

However, baking a normal wedding cake for someone where the only difference is that you place two plastic grooms on top of it instead of a bride and groom isn't a reasonable excuse not to bake that cake.

Asking a Jewish baker to make a Nazi-Klan wedding cake depicting Auschwitz isn't obscene or unlawful either. It's just offensive to the baker. In the same sort of sense that a gay wedding cake might offend a hard-shell Baptist.

What if the baker were gay and I wanted a Jesse Dirkhising death celebration cake? Or a Harvey Milk Death Day cake? If he didn't do it and I took him to court to force him, would you support that or castigate him for discriminating against me? What if I wanted a Martin Luther King cake depicting him being murdered with "Good Riddance #" from an African-American baker?

Frankly, I'd expect any of them to refuse. But it's the same situation. If I can legally force them to or drive them from business, am I a good guy or a bad one?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

It's not about making people civil. I agree that you can't possibly do that. But what you can do is make sure that they act in a civil manner toward each other while interaction with one another, especially when that interaction has been of their own choosing.

The mechanic isn't being forced to work. He has chosen of his own free will to accept payment for fixing cars. Someone also chooses to pay him for fixing a car of his own free will. If there is no reason why he can't fix the car then why not fix the car????

FFS, he can even lie and say he can't because he is sick, on vacation, doesn't have the parts or almost any reason possible. But to make it legal to refuse a service which has been offered to anyone who is willing to pay for it and which has been offered of someone's own free will would only lead to massive abuse.

Slavery as you like to compare it to would not be the same because NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO DO ANYTHING THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY OFFERED OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL TO DO!!. You see the difference???? They are simply taking you up on your offer and have agreed to your terms. You keep insisting I'm saying or implying some BS which I'm not.

Nobody is making someone work for them. They have already offered to work for anyone who will pay what they ask and asks for whatever they have offered to do. How do you not see that. If you say, hey, I'm selling this thing for this much money anyone want it??? And I say sure, here's the money you asked for....There is no reason not to sell it then is there. Unless of course you aren't being honest or complete with what the terms are for whatever reason. Maybe you're a con man, or just a jerk, who knows, but if your terms are met and you don't agree to the transaction which you have freely put out for someone to agree to, then it is YOU who are in the wrong. Not them.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Bedlam

mOjOm

Let's say they wanted a cake with with the depiction of two people having sex made of frosting on it. Regardless of the sexuality of those frosting people be it gay or straight or whatever, the baker could simply say, "sorry we don't do those types of cakes here." That would be a case, like your example above, where declining their business because it's obscene would be allowed and could be argued in a court of law.

However, baking a normal wedding cake for someone where the only difference is that you place two plastic grooms on top of it instead of a bride and groom isn't a reasonable excuse not to bake that cake.

Asking a Jewish baker to make a Nazi-Klan wedding cake depicting Auschwitz isn't obscene or unlawful either. It's just offensive to the baker. In the same sort of sense that a gay wedding cake might offend a hard-shell Baptist.

What if the baker were gay and I wanted a Jesse Dirkhising death celebration cake? Or a Harvey Milk Death Day cake? If he didn't do it and I took him to court to force him, would you support that or castigate him for discriminating against me? What if I wanted a Martin Luther King cake depicting him being murdered with "Good Riddance #" from an African-American baker?

Frankly, I'd expect any of them to refuse. But it's the same situation. If I can legally force them to or drive them from business, am I a good guy or a bad one?

Thank you, I was trying to put this point across but did manage to find the words.

It is either ALL ok, or none of it is.

Which one do they actually want?

I want the side that promotes freedom.

Freedom to be an idiot by most others standards....YES

But freedom all the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

mOjOm
reply to post by oblvion

It's not about making people civil. I agree that you can't possibly do that. But what you can do is make sure that they act in a civil manner toward each other while interaction with one another, especially when that interaction has been of their own choosing.

The mechanic isn't being forced to work. He has chosen of his own free will to accept payment for fixing cars. Someone also chooses to pay him for fixing a car of his own free will. If there is no reason why he can't fix the car then why not fix the car????

FFS, he can even lie and say he can't because he is sick, on vacation, doesn't have the parts or almost any reason possible. But to make it legal to refuse a service which has been offered to anyone who is willing to pay for it and which has been offered of someone's own free will would only lead to massive abuse.

Slavery as you like to compare it to would not be the same because NOBODY IS BEING FORCED TO DO ANYTHING THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY OFFERED OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL TO DO!!. You see the difference???? They are simply taking you up on your offer and have agreed to your terms. You keep insisting I'm saying or implying some BS which I'm not.

Nobody is making someone work for them. They have already offered to work for anyone who will pay what they ask and asks for whatever they have offered to do. How do you not see that. If you say, hey, I'm selling this thing for this much money anyone want it??? And I say sure, here's the money you asked for....There is no reason not to sell it then is there. Unless of course you aren't being honest or complete with what the terms are for whatever reason. Maybe you're a con man, or just a jerk, who knows, but if your terms are met and you don't agree to the transaction which you have freely put out for someone to agree to, then it is YOU who are in the wrong. Not them.

"The mechanic isn't being forced to work. He has chosen of his own free will to accept payment for fixing cars. Someone also chooses to pay him for fixing a car of his own free will. If there is no reason why he can't fix the car then why not fix the car????"

Because he can and has chosen not to. Easy enough to understand?

He doesnt have to fix your car, just because he is a mechanic. His work is voluntary, at his own will.

You cannot force another to work for you, this is slavery.

You seem to think that if I am not "owned" I am not a slave.

What am I if I cant choose what work I spend my life doing then, if I can be forced to do work?

The word slave was invented for this exact reason. One is forced to work against their will.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

No, that isn't the same situation because they weren't being asked to make a cake that was offensive or obscene or different in any way. It was just being purchased by someone who is gay. There was nothing about the cake or the making of it that would not be considered normal for the baker. It was just the person who was paying for it that was the problem.

Stop trying to make the argument into something it's not. That is simply dishonest and I'm not going to bother wasting time with it after this.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

mOjOm
reply to post by Bedlam

No, that isn't the same situation because they weren't being asked to make a cake that was offensive or obscene or different in any way. It was just being purchased by someone who is gay. There was nothing about the cake or the making of it that would not be considered normal for the baker. It was just the person who was paying for it that was the problem.

Stop trying to make the argument into something it's not. That is simply dishonest and I'm not going to bother wasting time with it after this.

It's not dishonest, the one who's being disingenuous is you.

They're not asking for a stock wedding cake. No one would care if that were the case.

They're asking for a gay themed wedding cake. And that's offensive to these particular bakers.

In the same way a Nazi cake would offend a Jewish baker, or a Klan cake would offend an African-American baker, or an Mohammed mockery cake would offend an Islamic baker.

YOU might not think a gay cake is offensive. I couldn't care less about a Mohammed Bombhead cake. Other than I'd have more taste than to ask for a Muslim baker to make me one.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

What did they ask for on the cake then???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join