It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

OBAMA--->>>America Produced More Oil Than It Imported For The First Time Since 1995

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:14 AM
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

libya and those other countries...
any recently invaded places on that list I wonder

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:01 AM

reply to post by Skymon612

Since you didn't bother adding any thoughts of your own I went to see who ThinkProgress really was and here's what I found.
Looks like a left wing propaganda site to me. Not sure I'd trust their take on things.
Edit - Now that I think about it nope, don't trust them.

edit on 309am3636am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

If you don't like the OPs source how about The Wall Street Journal

For the first time in nearly 20 years, the U.S. is producing more crude oil than it imports.

And that well know Liberal Rag FOX NEWS

For the first month in nearly two decades, the U.S. in October extracted more oil from the ground than it imported from abroad, marking an important milestone for a nation seeking to wean itself off foreign oil.

Or The Christian Science Monitor

For the first time in two decade, the U.S. is now producing more oil than it imports.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:26 AM

reply to post by Skymon612

Did Obama do that all that? And in less than 8 years? Wow, designing more efficient cars, working on oil rigs and such? Why haven't I heard of this before?
edit on 3-4-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

Well, since people blame bama for almost anything he has no control over that has happened during his administration, why not give credit since it happened under his Administration?

The Obama shills are coming out of the woodwork. This is the second night where a user is repeatedly posting pro-Obama threads, on topics that do not involve Obama at all, i might add.

Yeah when you come on everyday expecting anti-obama posts, yeah pro-obama post will kinda make you uncomfortable. Just because ATS is saturated with all negative aspect of the administration does not mean that other side of the administration don't exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:43 AM

The Obama shills are coming out of the woodwork. This is the second night where a user is repeatedly posting pro-Obama threads, on topics that do not involve Obama at all, i might add.

geez....give it a rest...after all the threads about Obama, being evil on say when he gets a few positive threads it's because of shills???? this isn't a right-wing blog, as much as you guys would like it to be.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:18 AM
Ya'd think the pump would reflect this - but -urm no.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM

Ya'd think the pump would reflect this - but -urm no.

That's because, no matter what either side of the isle says, neither the President or Government in general has much to do with the price of Petrol. Oil is a commodity traded on the Stock Market.

Commodity traders are responsible for oil prices by bidding on oil futures contracts. These contracts are basically agreements to buy or sell oil at a specific date in the future for an agreed-upon price. These futures contracts are executed on the floor of a commodity exchange by traders who are registered with the Commodities Futures Trading Commission. Commodities have been traded for more than 100 years, and have been regulated by the CFTC since the 1920s.

How Are Oil Prices Determined?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
I knew Obama was in bed with big oil! Democrats ruining the environment just to run their SUV's! Yada yada yada.

I for one think it's great news. Can you imagine the liberal comments if this would have happened under Bush Jr?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
reply to post by BritofTexas

You are exactly right and we should expect nothing less with respect to the natural gas boom currently underway here in the U.S..

The big energy companies are currently investing billions on the development of liquified natural gas export facilities so that they can put their product on the world market, effectively negating any real savings or cost reductions we could expect from this newly discovered home-grown source of energy.

The big energy companies are not concerned with America's energy independence in the least. The only thing they're really concerned with is their own financial independence.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:49 PM
More oil you say ?

According to Daniel Yergin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and energy expert, the technological breakthroughs, such as hydraulic fracturing, which enabled shale gas and tight oil, have led to a revolution, with U.S. crude oil production up 50 percent since 2008

By fracking.

Obama eh ?

'More oil' eh ?

With his climate change agenda with fracking on its chopping block.

Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM

My question is ------->

Has the White House announced that this is all to Obama's credit?

You would think they'd jump all over this, and it's been happening since last year !!

Maybe they don't like this?

Yeah because of fracking with pigeholes their climate agenda.

like 'more' oil production pigenholes his entire agenda of going 'green'.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:55 PM
This thread is too rich !

It really is.

More oil production !

Methane (CH4) is the second most prevalent greenhouse gas emitted in the United States from human activities

And 'most' methane emissions come from petro. ! ! ! ! !

Wait it gets even better !

Natural gas is METHANE ! ! ! ! !

Natural gas is a nonrenewable resource because it cannot be replenished on a human time fram

Come on NOW !

OBama how you gonna 'save' the planet there eh ?

"producing' more oil that emit them evil greenhouse gas and push that 'non renewable' source as Nat Gas. !

Such epic cognitive dissonance in this thread.

edit on 3-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:01 PM
So Obama is FOR fracking and the Keystone Pipeline?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:06 PM
Of course is that so called oil production 'increase' is because petro is being laced with that fuel made from food ?

You know like ethanol, and just for snips and giggles.

Mankind already has the power to pull the water from the air.

Mankind already has the power to pull co2 out of the air.

Mankind surely has the power to pull methane out of the air, and store it, and use it for a 'renewable' resource.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:14 PM
reply to post by kx12x

That is a good one, see we are approaching mid term elections, ACA already will decimate the ruling party chances of anything, so creating "good news" are to be use as propaganda to boost what already is death and stinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:20 PM

ThinkProgress is a liberal American political blog that "provide[s] a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies". It is an outlet of the Center for American Progress.

Think Progress also thinks the world is round, not flat...does that mean it's flat?

Try some other sources? Like the US Energy Administration?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:28 PM
This is not really a surprising article as the expectation that the United States would become a net energy supplier was being made almost 10 years ago. This was based on the previous two administration's policies as energy exploration and development results typically take anywhere from 6-8 years before they impact the market.

This is a good thing for the country but really has very little to do with the Obama administration's efforts.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:36 PM

Unfortunately, we're also exporting at new record levels.

Petroleum Report: U.S. Petroleum Exports At Record Levels

I guess that's why we can break records for domestic production but still be paying 300-400% over prices we had 24 hours before the towers fell. It gets harder to justify when American resources form more and more of the domestic mix. We always just blamed those 'OPEC people' or whatever. Now it's more at home I suppose, at least until it ships back out for foreign markets with higher rates.

Please rabbit...check facts.

I will give you a hint...what is the difference between OIL as in the OP...and PETROLEUM as in your link?

THERE IS A BAN ON THE US EXPORTING OIL...and has been for a long time.

Petroleum on the other hand is done by refineries in the Example you might be familiar with...Canadian company Keystone XL sends oil to the USA for refinement into petrol.

BUT...If you are lamenting the POSSIBILITY of US Oil companies exporting Oil for profit at taxpayers expense...much of it on US Federal Land and which comes with BIG Environmental costs like GULF...then no worries! The GOP are one step ahead of you!

As of Tuesday...Key senator says U.S. office can lift part of oil export ban

Reuters) - A U.S. government office has the power to approve exports of an abundant type of petroleum and help energy companies begin to partially bypass a 40-year ban on crude exports, according to a report released on Tuesday by Lisa Murkowski, the top Republican on the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

YAH...Lets have taxpayers give oil companies public lands and let them repeatedly destroy our natural resources and economies that rely on them....tell taxpayers it's in the name of "energy independence" ...and then allow oil companies to ship the oil abroad for huge profits!

Eff them...When gas drops below $2 per gallon and stays there for 6 consecutive months, then oil companies can export our oil to the middle east and other places.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:02 PM
Can ATSers let good news just be good news, without trying to find the fly in the ointment or making it a partisan issue?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 07:29 AM
reply to post by Skyfloating

maybe when the price at the pumps comes down to where chavez had it

CARACAS, Venezuela — Venezuela has the world’s cheapest gasoline, about 6 cents a gallon, a price so low that drivers often fill their tanks for less than a dollar and tip the gas station attendant more than the cost of the fuel pumped into their cars.

With their country holding the world’s largest estimated oil reserves, many Venezuelans consider cheap gas almost an inalienable right of citizenship — a coveted remnant of the boom days when Venezuela saw itself riding its oil riches to a first world dream of wealth and status.

But the illusion of inexhaustible wealth that every citizen can effortlessly tap into at the nearest gas station may finally crash into hard reality. President Nicolás Maduro has called for what was once unthinkable: It is time, he has said, to raise the price at the pump.

“I am in total agreement that they should raise it,” said Luis Gelvis, 45, a warehouse worker, as he had stopped to fill his aging Chevrolet S.U.V. for 48 cents, less than half the price of a cup of coffee.

now if you wanted to make the USA or any NATO country the top economy on the planet in probably one year...
makeing the price real would probably be the fastest way to do it...
and of course they won't...which is GREAT news...for oil companies
edit on Tueam4b20144America/Chicago02 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>