It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA--->>>America Produced More Oil Than It Imported For The First Time Since 1995

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The United States produced more crude oil than it imported in October for the first time in almost 20 years, the federal Energy Information Administration announced. U.S. crude oil production averaged 7.7 million barrels per day in October while 7.6 million barrels per day were imported. Total petroleum net imports were the lowest since February 1991. The U.S. also produced more oil in September than it has in any one-month period over the last 24 years. The U.S. remains the world’s largest consumer of oil and the largest importer of crude oil.

According to Daniel Yergin, a Pulitzer Prize-winning author and energy expert, the technological breakthroughs, such as hydraulic fracturing, which enabled shale gas and tight oil, have led to a revolution, with U.S. crude oil production up 50 percent since 2008. In an article for Politico Magazine, Yergin says that thanks to that increase along with more efficient automobiles, petroleum imports have fallen from their high 0f 60 percent in 2005 to 35 percent today. This is the same percentage they were in 1973, when President Richard Nixon went on television to promise the American people energy “independence” within 10 years.

thinkprogress.org...

edit on Thu Apr 3 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs,a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Unfortunately, we're also exporting at new record levels.

Petroleum Report: U.S. Petroleum Exports At Record Levels

I guess that's why we can break records for domestic production but still be paying 300-400% over prices we had 24 hours before the towers fell. It gets harder to justify when American resources form more and more of the domestic mix. We always just blamed those 'OPEC people' or whatever. Now it's more at home I suppose, at least until it ships back out for foreign markets with higher rates.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Skymon612

Did Obama do that all that? And in less than 8 years? Wow, designing more efficient cars, working on oil rigs and such? Why haven't I heard of this before?
edit on 3-4-2014 by kx12x because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure what Obama has to do with this story. Fracking is being done with private companies.
The government is doing it. And gas prices are still high.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Since you didn't bother adding any thoughts of your own I went to see who ThinkProgress really was and here's what I found.

ThinkProgress
ThinkProgress is a liberal American political blog that "provide[s] a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies". It is an outlet of the Center for American Progress.

Funding
Politico writes that “like the conservative groups that have drawn Democratic criticism, [ThinkProgress’] parent 501(c)4 nonprofit doesn’t disclose its donors. Link

Looks like a left wing propaganda site to me. Not sure I'd trust their take on things.

Edit - Now that I think about it nope, don't trust them.

edit on 309am3636am12014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

(post by lightedhype removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It may be leftwing but can you dispute the information in the article?

If it is factual I don't care where the info comes from.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

kx12x

Did Obama do that all that? And in less than 8 years? Wow, designing more efficient cars, working on oil rigs and such? Why haven't I heard of this before?

Nope.
Thank the Bakken Shale.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

DenyFlatulence

kx12x

Nope.
Thank the Bakken Shale.

There are many news items and things happening that the mainstream right wing media will not report. If you live in a bubble you are only going to know certain things. Outside the bubble is like being free.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
And basic economics tells us that exporting products produced at home is a good thing. Its good for local business. Some people are actually attempting to say exporting goods made in USA is bad. Think about it?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Let's clarify between "Petroleum Products" and "Crude Oil".

The "Crude Oil" stats are correct.

scroll down 2/3 page......
This Week In Petroleum

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Skymon612

DenyFlatulence

kx12x

Nope.
Thank the Bakken Shale.

There are many news items and things happening that the mainstream right wing media will not report. If you live in a bubble you are only going to know certain things. Outside the bubble is like being free.

To clarify....

Fox was reporting this last November.....

U.S. Oil Output Exceeds Imports in Major Milestone

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

But I am not here pushing a political agenda.

Then why did you put "OBAMA--->>>" in the thread title?

You did the same with the next thread you just posted as well. Seems political to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Exporting a key factor of American economic performance, while the price of it is high enough to depress economic performance is where I think it comes into paper outcome vs. real world outcome.

It's been a long time now since anyone has openly talked about the impact of fuel prices on shipping, and the direct line that makes to your shelf prices on pretty much everything When the price hikes began at the start of the madness in 2001, it was a core part of the debate. I suppose we've just accepted a new level of mediocre, in how it's rarely mentioned now.

I'll be happy to see exports to break world records...when sites like this next one don't have a purpose to exist any longer.

Fuel Surcharge Index.org is a collaboration between the shipping and trucking community. It allows users to accurately calculate the fuel surcharge rate for a load based on the daily fuel prices along a route. Gone are the days of basing a fuel surcharge rate on a regional or national fuel price average calculated weekly.
Source: Fuel Surcharge Index

That surcharge started as temp measures to offset the price shock of jumping from under $1 a gallon to a back breaking (at that time) $1.80-$2.00 a gallon the day after 9/11. It's never gone away..and I doubt it ever will at this point. That changes for index through the Government though, for the main numbers. It was a weekly update when I was driving a few years ago. Every load sheet showed what that line item came to.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
In support of the op
www.abovetopsecret.com...
obama and bush both sequestered oil all over the continent
they have stepped on as much foreign production and pipe line areas as they can
there may be more to this story then meets the eye

edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago32 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

guess what it is exactly that backs up a petro dollar?
edit on Thuam4b20144America/Chicago40 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
My question is ------->

Has the White House announced that this is all to Obama's credit?

You would think they'd jump all over this, and it's been happening since last year !!

Hmmm.

Maybe they don't like this?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lets say the plan is a market crash to wipe out the excess bail out bucks?
then what emerges?
a petro dollar burnt down to its backed by oil value
all the us creditors amongst the brics will have their currencies trashed by the suction of the debt value collapse

gold and competitive currencies would be flattened and the USD would be back to being numero uno

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
There is also one other sign I watch, and it's sure not about political press releases and padded numbers for public consumption. A few measures simply are what they are and they stand where they stand.

On June 23, 2011, Secretary Chu announced that the U.S. and its partners in the International Energy Agency (IEA) would release a total of 60 million barrels of oil onto the world market. The Secretary stated, "We are taking this action in response to the ongoing loss of crude oil due to supply disruptions in Libya and other countries and their impact on the global economic recovery." Under the IEA's response measures guidelines, the United States' obligation was for 30 million barrels.

Now that's happened a couple other times and the page details those too. It's been a few years though, and you'd think what was taken in crisis would be replaced. It has been in past times. It seems less than important at this point.

The SPR's formidable size (capacity of 727 million barrels) makes it a significant deterrent to oil import cutoffs and a key tool of foreign policy.

and current or last posted levels?

2013 The SPR holds 695.9 million barrels of crude oil.
Source: Strategic Petroleum Reserve

There are real world and very tangible reasons that some of us deeply distrust the energy policies currently being pursued. Things like this....where putting back what was taken from what stands as Americas primary reserve for times of war, isn't important, highlights the issue. It's that loose running of everything and failure to finish so many things which stand out, I think.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Skymon612

DenyFlatulence

kx12x

Nope.
Thank the Bakken Shale.

For the record, I voted for Obama.
Why do you assume everyone being critical of him is right wing?? I have no party affiliations.
Both the dims and pubelicans work HAND IN HAND to forward the NWO agenda!!
Our political state in the good ol US of A, is basically akin to Pro Wrestling and you're one of the fans that think it's real.
I'm mucho happy in my "bubble of truth!" Thank you veddy much.

Please state your "news items and things." relating to Obama's contribution to Oil production in the US and I will gladly recant if I am mistaken.
I didn't read anything in your linked source about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join