It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics arent real and people cannot talk to the dead, all frauds, here is why

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 3-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

There's just one little problem with James Randi - even if someone went on there and definitely could prove that psychic abilities existed, it still wouldn't be enough to convince him; the person that would convince him would be he or she that could manifest something like "Carrie" - a massive amount of poltergeist activity. Problem is: The people that can do this are either not up for the challenge, or are unknown.

And you want to know why some of them failed? Think about it - you are put into an environment that you are not used to being in (the lab settings are setup according to Randi's specifications), and are expected within a short amount of time to pull off a psychic-related event. The stakes? $1,000,000 dollars. Just knowing myself, I'd fail the challenge in an instant, because of the amount of pressure and stress that brings. Although I doubt he could test the validity of astral projection, as Monroe was one of the only few that tried

And if you're using Silvia Browne as a representative for all psychics, you chose poorly, as she is pretty much a fraud. Most people that claim to be psychic (myself included) don't use our abilities for money, nor fame. I don't seek either, and the number of experiences that I have had more than proves it for me. Am I really a con artist if I keep the information that I am seeing to myself?

I've seen ghosts as well, and "talked" (if that's the right word) to some in particular - I must be a faker then, huh? I'm such a good scammer, that I've conned myself into believing that this stuff exists.

And just to clarify, a psychic isn't always a "white" or "black" - It's like saying someone is always happy or always sad. Sometimes, you will get a clear, head on signal - Maybe it's a feeling something will happen, maybe it's a sudden vision of a car crash on your normal route home, maybe a ghost crosses your path. Other days, you won't get a darn thing. Look at artists - they sometimes have a lull period where nothing happens, and then suddenly, everything clicks and they produce a painting that just calls out to them - Does the artist always fail at art in this case?

If you want a living breathing example - I was riding home with a friend one day, and suddenly, out of nowhere an intense sadness built up, to the point where I was almost in tears myself - It was as if the car went through a wall of pure, raw emotion. After telling my friend that I needed to go home & check on a couple friends in particular, all he said was that it didn't matter if I couldn't explain it: I knew that something was wrong, and that was enough for him. Sure enough, when I got home there was a sad voicemail on the phone from an ex; she was debating breaking it off with me, around the time that I felt the immense wall of sadness. Coincidence? Maybe - but I haven't felt anything like it since.

-fossilera

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

i saw you in the other topic, ready to play in the water
i suspect you are going to eventually make a big splash
keep us posted, and take your time, we are patient

"white" or "black"

the thing with white or black in that context is consistency
either you're going to be right 100% of the time (white)
or not (black) ..this is where people start talking about 'shades of grey'
(trying to find some white in the black)

i think you were attuned to the message (the phone message of the ex) because you both were previously connected (exactly what littlebylittle was explaining back there in the last post)

what else is that connection but love?

edit on 3-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: love is all you need, love is all you need, love is all you need -john lennon

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Spiro

Kurius
but they are not always 100% right all the time. However, their accuracy is probably better than most people.

Here lies the problem. They are either Psychic or they are not. They can't be JUST sometimes. You either have the gift or you don't

99% of the time they are correct using chance alone, nothing more. If I Psychic is given 15 tests and out of those 15 they get, say, 7 right, that is not being Psychic, its chance and chance alone.

You should watch some of Randi's videos

Cheers

Spiro

Psychic ability is a brain dysfunction. Like a seizure. There are those who have these seizures and they scare the sh*t out of them when they have them, and there are those who train themselves to control their seizures and try to make them more and more severe or even bring them on intentionally. That said, trying to explain this to someone that's never bothered to actually form their own independent notion concerning this sort of thing (as opposed to being fed video clips on the topic) is like trying to describe "blue" to a person who was born completely sightless. It's a phenomenon that a person experiences (they call it quale) and there's no way to measure qualia (plural), so some scientists refuse to acknowledge that it exists, even though they each make up their own minds on the reality of things based on their own qualia (ironically enough).

If Randi never posed this $1 mil challenge, no one would have ever remembered who the hell he is (was). I've run into guys like this who shift their music careers into related areas (like managing bands after their own careers have tanked) as they see the writing on the wall concerning their own careers. Randi was a hack stage magician, and if he hadn't decided to be the great debunker, he'd be living solely on Social Security and yelling at kids to get the hell off his lawn right now. Screw him. He's irrelevant to this general debate, and has been for decades.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You are only correct in a certain way. There really are many scam psychics out there, and this is a known fact. But there are people who are sensitive to a certain degree. Anyone who claims that they can immediately call up and talk to the dead, on call, are probably lying. That does not seem to be how it works. How it works is that sensitive people simply pick up on energies that are already there. I suppose that spiritual energy could be drawn to a person if the energy somehow comprehends this person has the ability to see them, as it would make sense, but one cannot simply call a specific dead person for a chat.

For instance, if a sensitive person goes into a location that has spirit energy present, then they very well could pick up on some of the things that are going on. I really do believe that some of these people can receive sort of like "visions" in their mind, a choppy playback of events that occurred in the past. I am thoroughly convinced that one day science will be able to explain how and why these types of energy exist, but first science must acknowledge that the brain itself is somehow connected to a non-physical existence.

Many paranormal claims are not as "out there" as one might think. Out of all the mysterious subject matter, I believe the paranormal to be the easiest to prove with science. Science maybe can't figure out what is going on, but it would be easy to prove that there is "something" unusual going on. In fact this has occurred in the past. Individual scientists have gone to supposedly haunted locations and had strange things happen, things which they could not explain. But that didn't convince the whole world. One cannot scientifically prove the existence of such things because there is no known way to conduct an experiment.

Science acts on the premise that if it cannot be tested, it is not real. It is quite dumb in my opinion. It isn't dumb that they need proof, but it is dumb to think that just because we cannot test it, it cannot exist. Some of the crap that theoretical physicists have spewed in the past, and continue to spew, is utterly ridiculous. The outlandish explanation and hypotheses they have derived are more outlandish than paranormal activity. And many of these ideas were either never adopted, or were cast aside over the years.

I think what irks me the most, including your claim in this thread, are people who think they KNOW, for a fact, that something DOES NOT exist. How can you know that something doesn't exist? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and in fact it is not a scientific argument at all. People claim we need to make scientific inquiries and arguments, or they tell that to believers, but they themselves make the same types of arguments the other side were chided for. I've seen it in various subject matters, not just the paranormal.

Anyway, my point is this...How do you know for a fact that there are not forms of energy that could manifest themselves as paranormal activity, which in turn can be picked up on by people with a certain brain chemistry? Science cannot account for 95% of all that exists in the universe, yet some will still claim that such energy cannot exist? Please.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

There are many studies of extrasensory perception which generally show statistical divergence from chance results.

The jury is not yet out.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Believe it or not I was a skeptic, not sure I'm 100% committed to the idea of everything paranormal being real either. HOWEVER in my own experiences throughout life I have opened up to the very real possibility that there is something else and that true healers, mediums and clairvoyants DO in fact exist among us. I am also not naive enough to imagine that there aren't a lot of fakes and frauds, which is why when attending both of the 2 readings I received, I gave nothing away, answered yes and no,and was given details that no one else could possibly find out about me or know would come to pass regarding my future. Check my thread HERE where I touch upon these readings briefly. Those experiences along with other unexplainable happenings in my life have opened me up to the idea of researching and finding out more, when at 1st I was attached to the idea that it was all fraud or could be easily explained away.

I think that it is easier to discount such happenings and talents because debunking them asks a lot less questions of ourselves as spiritual beings than accepting does.

I'd be more interested to know what the governments of the world know about our true origins, spirituality, the occult, symbolism, rituals and the afterlife than whether or not we have been visited by aliens.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
how do you explain other senses then?

Science : Sensitivities and Boundaries

You might be surprised to know that an extensive literature exists on “highly sensitive people,” “sensory defensives,” “high reactors,” and the like. The accumulated evidence suggests that, from an early age, such people respond quite strongly to sensory stimuli and can become stressed or fatigued by exposure to bright lights, loud sounds, particular aromas, tastes, or textures. They also tend to

* more strongly register pain (whether physical or emotional) in themselves and others;
* feel things deeply and have a need for strong emotional attachments;
* have a surfeit of energy, curiosity, and imagination;
* summon up imagery and memories easily;
* be creative or artistically inclined;
* have vivid dreams and a penchant for recalling what they dream; and
* have overactive immune systems that can result in allergies, chronic pain, and fatigue.

In short, these individuals are like a walking aerial, primed (in the words of psychologist Elaine Aron) “to notice more in their environment….to detect and understand more precisely whatever comes in.”

How can you explain vibrational energy?

everything vibrates... colours vibrate on the spectrum of light...
you have obviously been screwed by a con artist but there are People out there that have other abilities that are not developed in many who can see, hear and speak.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Rare but Real: People Who Feel, Taste and Hear Color

When Ingrid Carey says she feels colors, she does not mean she sees red, or feels blue, or is green with envy. She really does feel them.

She can also taste them, and hear them, and smell them.

The 20-year-old junior at the University of Maine has synesthesia, a rare neurological condition in which two or more of the senses entwine. Numbers and letters, sensations and emotions, days and months are all associated with colors for Carey.

How do you explain synesthesia then?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Scotscorps84

HOWEVER in my own experiences throughout life I have opened up to the very real possibility that there is something else and that true healers, mediums and clairvoyants DO in fact exist among us.

Healing as in Reiki (intention->manifestation flooding of another body with chi) is very easy compared to medium and clairvoyance from my point of view. Anyone can learn a limited version of healing if they put some real effort into it. They do not even need a sensitive body that is able to feel the flow to do it.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Scotscorps84
Believe it or not I was a skeptic, not sure I'm 100% committed to the idea of everything paranormal being real either. HOWEVER in my own experiences throughout life I have opened up to the very real possibility that there is something else and that true healers, mediums and clairvoyants DO in fact exist among us. I am also not naive enough to imagine that there aren't a lot of fakes and frauds, which is why when attending both of the 2 readings I received, I gave nothing away, answered yes and no,and was given details that no one else could possibly find out about me or know would come to pass regarding my future. Check my thread HERE where I touch upon these readings briefly. Those experiences along with other unexplainable happenings in my life have opened me up to the idea of researching and finding out more, when at 1st I was attached to the idea that it was all fraud or could be easily explained away.

I think that it is easier to discount such happenings and talents because debunking them asks a lot less questions of ourselves as spiritual beings than accepting does.

I'd be more interested to know what the governments of the world know about our true origins, spirituality, the occult, symbolism, rituals and the afterlife than whether or not we have been visited by aliens.

Believe it or not, some have claimed u are either physic or not??? I have a total different experience here...sometimes I will know everything about you and what U going to say or do next. And the next moment I have no feelings or any ability to read or even think anything. (back to earth for me)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

researcher88

Scotscorps84

Believe it or not, some have claimed u are either physic or not??? I have a total different experience here...sometimes I will know everything about you and what U going to say or do next. And the next moment I have no feelings or any ability to read or even think anything. (back to earth for me)

If indeed I am, I am by no way able to process what I've seen or dreamt until months, maybe years after when something does happen that I've dreamt before, or the symbolism shows itself and connections can be made. It's almost exclusivley about my own life so is of no use to anyone to make a profit. I would also conceed that I have never regarded myself to have any sort of abilities, just found it strange and it was ATS members who made the claim that I may have something. If you asked me to attempt a challenge I'd fail!! lol

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

One does have to be careful as to what they are encountering because they can fool you big time too. I believe everyone is blessed with gifts and talents, but, it all comes down to how you use your gifts and talents. Will you use it for good or for evil, that is the real question one must ask ones self when dealing with things of a spiritual nature. One may be able to hear what others cannot, one may feel where the hair on their arms stand up, one may see either in visions or straight up, one may just know without you saying a word to them, one may have the gift of healing to help many etc. Whatever one's gift may be...it all comes back to how one uses it.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I disagree. There are a lot of fakes but I do think there are those who are in tune with energy so they can pick up on spirits and/or move objects. After all, everything is energy.

The only experience I've ever had with someone who was a psychic was when my younger sister was newly diagnosed with an incurable auto-immune disease. There was this local store that a variety of different items like crystals, dragon figurines, books on meditation, meditation/relaxing music and other stuff. It was a really neat store and there isn't a lot of places in my small town where you can buy crystals, which my Mom loves because they make beautiful rainbows, so she loved to go this store. There was an in store psychic and she was usually busy with a client whenever we were in there. One day my Mom, my younger sister & I were in the store looking at all the different items. The psychic walked past my younger sister & then went over to my Mom. I didn't hear what was said but my Mom told me that the lady had told my Mom that my sister was sick, now my younger sister did not look sick at all, she looked like any normal 6yr old kid. My Mom told the psychic she was right and then the psychic said, "There are angels around her" & my Mom again told her she was right, my younger sister saw angels now & then because of how sick she was. I've even walked in on her playing hide & go seek with them.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Some people are in tune, others are fake.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Thiaoouba Prophecy
You do not understand what you are is the main problem with you OP. First of all you are not even human. You think you are human because you have taken on this burden of being a human but you're not. You were there before the Big Bang ever happened. You are eternal immortal awareness. The Universe happens in you, not you in it. Awareness turned itself into light and consciousness and matter. Awareness is unlimited eternal and all pervading. Consciousness has a lifespan of 100 billion trillion years. I don't have to prove to you that you know you are Aware. You are fully God and Fully Human you just don't remember. Meditate on the fact that You Are that is all that is needed and You will remember your psychic powers. Your God powers will develop. Then you will know in your own experience that not all powers of the mind are a fraud. Telekinesis, Clairaudience, Clairvoyance, Precognition, Telepathy, Levitation, Teleportation, Transmutation, Resurrection. The highest is of course the ability to create life itself out of the Ethereal Ocean of Awareness.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

I am truly amazed by your comments, because I am on the very same road. Some sort of direction has forced me to think this way and now I continue to research the physics, the "string theory" comes to mind...and naturally the reason for us not being able to observe, on the atomic level, what happens to particles, as in the double slit experiment. There is a very good video on youtube by Dr Quantum explaining the problem, in what I could call Quantum physics for dummies.

PS. I was a coward to not post my view of this because of al those that only perceive everything physically, most probably 95% of humans, but now that you opened it up, perhaps an excellent topic for another thread.

Thanks for this post!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by researcher88

Just had to add this as well, there are no demons, ghosts angels etc, its just human perception as well. All just different beings at different levels of consciousness all vibrating in a symphony of music....not meaning that we cannot interact with them.
I definitely believe that we do. My Family and myself have been either cat scratched and I have been bitten, on some occasions. The teeth marks are prevalent.
But somehow it doesn't bring me any fear whatsoever even though sometime it can be a little painful, its like in my consciousness I am just part of the universe.

I am also an astronomer so I do recognize the constellations easily My spouse was sitting on the bed and started feeling her thigh itching and tiny bite marks were appearing in front of her eyes. In the evening I came home from work she told me about her experience. I had a look and immediately recognized it as a picture of the sky with Orion Sirius included, what was freaky was right next to Rigel, In Orion constellation there is a star call Cursa is, it seems to be alone, but the bite marks showed that there seems to be 3 stars in a, what seams to be a perfect triangle. So I opened stelarium found Cursa Zoomed in a lot and sure enough, there is the triangle.

Once I came from a long International trip and was jet lagged, as always my 12 year old son came to sit next to me to ask question about my trip. Well I fell asleep. Next I rember being totally frozen and could't move at all. My perception was that my son had climbed on top of my lap had somehow managed to open my mouth and started blowing ice cold air into my lungs. The freezing air felt like it was burning my lungs.
Then he released me and I could move again and awoke. I was alone.
Just as I woke my spouse comes down the passage and yells that she just saw a ghost coming from where I was sitting crossing the passage and disappearing into a wall.
I said to her that its confirmed and told her of my experience, she told me my son decided to go and sleep some hours back.

I have no Idea what all this means, but our experiences seem to be increasing in frequency.

Perhaps off the topic a bit but thought I'd share might, just be a chance, there is someone with similar experiences.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldie48

Very well said.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lotusfoot Believe as you will, I am a By Blood, Genetically given Empathic Psychic Medium.

I won't engage in Name Calling, but my track record speaks for itself.

I have enough of a Resume built that anyone who knows me personally, don't dispute my Abilities.

This is just something I am able to do, like anyone else has an Ability toward something.

I was born Psychic. It is just the way that it is.

Not even I will take anything James Randi claims seriously.

People like him make me and others like me, shut down.

I refuse to read for those who are that closed off and negative.

I will just keep doing what I do for those willing to keep an open mind.

Blessings.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lotusfoot

In 2010 Nashville Tn experienced.a flood. My boyfriend drowned...months later a local psychic found him. She didn't want any money nor did she want press..

Sorry but you are wrong and thread is ridiculous on the count of sooooo many experiences that validate the truth I speak to you today.

Definitely no s&f

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join