It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics arent real and people cannot talk to the dead, all frauds, here is why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Halfswede

I think you've got a lot more to say (how's that for psychic ability?
) Send me a PM/U2U when you do so I don't miss it.

the actual science behind it is quite solid and profound
You've got my attention ... but go on and take what time you need to do it right.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

Something I forgot to ask!!!...

When you converse with yourself, & you say to yourself mentally "this is all rubbish they must be frauds" etc...
Do you recognise your own accent... Or does it sound like somebody attempting to sound like you to give you an opinion!!!
Any telepathic or spiritual conversation needs absolute concentration, for the simple fact that some spirits also have a gift...
The Alastair McGowen gift, in which they can do pretty much anybodies accent... If spirits have been sitting with you for anytime in your life, they will attempt to deceive, & portray us!!!

Long story short, recognise your own accent when thinking... Either within the mind, or outside the box (voices across the room, or the vicinity of the ears)!!!

Think outside the box!!!
Ghost writers!!!
Ghosts in the machine!!!
Many other sayings that do not apply to the physical vessel in their original context!!!
I'm sure some of the Masons who see this will enjoy looking into such common phrases, symbolism is truly fantastic!!!

Peace Lotus!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

We all have a 6th Sense... Don't limit yourself!!!

However I'd agree there is no psychic ability... such as fortune tellers or predictions!!!

Personally I believe that is just information received from a connection with those spirits who know what is written!!!
Some claim it's their own prediction, personally I feel that this sort of "psychic" is Spiritually blasphemous!!!
Ignoring the true messenger, taking the credit & claiming to know what will happen!!!

Peace Lotus!!!

Predictions are tough for many reasons, certainly the strongest being our own perception filters, our own style of glasses we could say. In all cases, what a proper psychic may 'see' is only possibility and probability. What it will be is up to the person choosing their daily directions in life.

It is true, a cold reader could deduce with a set questions a basic line of information to follow. For me it happens differently. I get a feeling. Sometimes it's on my forehead, sometimes it envelopes me. Every time, how strong it is and how it feels lets me decide if I wish to see/experience it. Once I let go the control I see/experience whatever it is the person needs to know. Not what they want to hear. This can go on for a couple of hours and is exhausting in a physical sense. See 4 or 5 people a day and you the 'connection' deserves what the people may have handed you. Most wanted to give more.

Appliances do not work when they are not connected. So too 'psychics'. My experience of it takes a toll like doing a hard day of physical work.

The universe provides me with information to give to people in a face to face situation. To be a sharp tool, you have to work at it with some diligence, which is also tiring at some point. So I retired some time ago.

The worst in the field would be wearing predominantly purple or white clothing, speaking New-age-ese, moving to a richer district to charge higher fees, constantly telling people anywhere and everywhere what message you have for them, and, making a far from simple living while a book-load of clients return regularly to pay you another fee for more.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm always skeptical of "psychics" who go on talk shows and address big audiences, because raw footage is often going to surface showing that they got things wrong, or that they were seen "guessing." It's entirely possible that they do have some psychic ability but exaggerate what they're capable of doing and in the presence of cameras end up faking it just to save face. I don't know. They could just as easily be frauds and good-to-moderate cold-readers.

I'd never go as far as to say that there are no psychics/mediums in the world and that no one can talk to spirits. In order to make that claim, one would have to talk to every single person on the planet and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they really don't have any abilities whatsoever. It's a big, mysterious planet, and an even bigger universe. For that reason I usually stay away from absolutes. None of that proves that mediums exist, but a few known con-artists doesn't automatically mean psychic abilities are made up. All it proves is that some people will happily deceive others for money, and that comes as no surprise to anyone on this site.

I could be wrong that psychics and mediums exist, but I think I'll wait until I reach the afterlife (or lack thereof) to make up my mind on the subject.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

maybe there are some that lie to make money?

I see ghosts and weird things like that... I don't earn an income from it. I am sus of those earning big dollars from psychic abilities. I was always led to believe, it is a gift and you don't charge money for a gift... if you do, you lose the gift.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldie48

It's interesting you talk about letting the Universe tell you!!!
I guess this is common but rarely spoken, because I do the same!!!

In a few forms, billboards, articles and all sorts that led on from something I was previously wondering...

A detailed example...
...& it may sound crazy, but I always watch TV with subtitles... At times of increased connection I tend to let others guide my sight to key words that fit the universal situation, rather than the context of the programme!!!
If that makes sense!!!

It's hard to explain despite such a large lexicon we humans have, something's are just very hard to relay with words, almost like the experience must be had by the person!!!

My own undersanding personal opinion is the Universal message is still from Spirits, but in the sense that it's for anybody to connect to, rather than a specified human conduit to receive the information!??
Wavelengths are in the zillions(?) or more, that's why I mentioned recognising the accent of the "idea", "revelation" "prophecy" or "philosophical pondering" to ourselves, it's not just our own thoughts we hear!!!

The worst in the field would be wearing predominantly purple or white clothing, speaking New-age-ese, moving to a richer district to charge higher fees, constantly telling people anywhere and everywhere what message you have for them, and, making a far from simple living while a book-load of clients return regularly to pay you another fee for more.

Check out Prophet M'Boro... I was going to start a little thread about him, he is a strange character!!!
But that's who came to mind, when reading what you said!!!

Peace Oldie!!!
edit on 3-4-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The problem with psychics is not their abilities, but the expectations placed upon them.

I've only every shared this with my parents who were there with me at the time it happened, but the day before the September 11 attacks happened, I saw a plane flying in the sky. I had this random vision of a plane flying into a tall mirror glass building and I said to my parents without even thinking 'imagine the carnage it would cause if a passenger plane hit a tall building'

I'd never even heard of the twin towers in New York not being an American and living at the other end of the world. I saw a building I'd never seen before and a plane fly into it. I was not able to say when or where, I just knew I'd seen something really awful and world changing.

The next day we awoke in New Zealand to see the horrific events that unfolded in New York. My mother was totally freaked out because she knew I'd had a premonition.

The thing this whole story goes to show is that we may receive information that some would consider psychic, but interpreting that information into something meaningful and accurate is not always easy and it can't always be done on demand.
edit on 3-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 3-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Most all psychics annoy me, most you find are in it for money or attention. If someone does not feel “Special” why not see and or talk to spirits?
This plays off of the fact that all humans know there is something more. Even the hardest skeptic has to admit certain paranormal aspects draw their curiosity. The problem is there is no way to truly prove or disprove any of it and nobody really wants to get burned by another fake. Even if genuine evidence of whatever the claim may be is produced….It is easier to disprove than it is to prove.

Even if you have had the exact same experience someone is describing, most of the time we will not fully trust what the other person says. Something that has always amused me, falls under religion. Ever notice when some people first “Feel the spirit of the Lord”?
They are the ones that cant tell you enough about it, push you to go to church, almost shove a bible down your throat. I have felt that myself, did not annoy anyone after…but when they come at you with an aggressive recruiting of their faith it usually has the opposite effect.
Seems to be the case with all paranormal things. The more some try to prove or push it the more you distance yourself from it. Even if you believe.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
As to whether psychics are real or mediums are real, I would imagine that setting and relative context are just as critical to how well each individual phenomenal "system" operates as they are with the operation of any dynamic emergence system. Hell, a tornado collapses immediately as soon as any one contributing confluence factor fails to maintain its necessary balance relative to every other necessary confluence contributor, and if that balance is restored, that tornado will instantly roar back at its previous strength and structure. This is why people used to think that tornadoes "hop". The point here is that Randi has always known that something as tenuous as the relationship between the mind and body - as the dynamic system that it is - will always be affected by the environment within which that system tries to function. Like trying to read in a moving car (for most folks anyway) or trying to remember the melody of a song while a different song is playing over a radio. The clash of environmental distraction is generally devastating to those mind-brain process "systems". I can't even imagine a person who is capable of adjusting their own cognitive point-of-perspective ever falling for such a rigged game as what that Randi idiot has cobbled together, but being "psychic" isn't the same as being intelligent, so whatever.

Here's a really powerful testimony on behalf of the idea that passed humans continue to exist and that some of them are trying to figure out how to prove that humans continue to exist after death. By the way, the physics does work. Even the bit about clearing the environmental proximity of extraneous photon clutter ends up making sense when what you're trying to enable is informational manipulation of material holons that aren't photons.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Seeing as Randi is part of the subject matter in the OP, lets see the great man at work.

Pay close attention to the awesome debunk at the 0:54sec mark to the end. Pure awesomeness

Here is the full show

Cheers

Spiro

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the Scole documentary, I tried.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've been to three different psychics.

One was a cold reading. Nothing was there.
One was pretty good. She had a talent for sure.
One blew my mind .... amazing .... not a chance in hell she was 'cold reading'.

Making the blanket statement that all psychics are frauds .. is wrong.
I can say that from personal experience.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The Randi video reminded me of this.

edit on 3-4-2014 by Speculation because: yet another repair

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Many years ago a woman I never knew came up to me and said "I have a massage for you."
She described in perfect detail someone I knew who had recently passed away, being a private person this was not public knowledge.
She explained where they passed away, what they passed away from and who was with them when they died.
It was flawless, every detail perfect, being a skeptic I didnt offer anything of information, and she gave me the message, which was from my late father.
I think with this sort of thing, there are those who exploit it and with everything there are always charlatans. The true supernatural chooses to avoid scrutiny and chooses those with the gift very carefully.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Since mom could always think me home when I was little I do believe synchronous telepathy can be achieved.
. The problem I have with many psychics is that they are ego projecting a lot and seem to be very weak in their intuition/receiving.

I want the psychics that are spot on. To some degree I am probably more psychic than many who call themselves psychics. I would only call myself that if I was spot 100% on.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Heres a great (comedy) example of the worst of them...Clinton Baptiste from the uk comedy series Phoenix nights

edit on 3-4-2014 by zeevar because: wibble

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I believe in past lives and I'm also a paranormal investigator - though I keep my scepticism open fully because I will never know the 100% truth either way. But i don't hold any weight in believing in those who claim to tell someones future. I mean, think on it. Each of us has a million or more choices we make every single day. From the one we choose to do at any given moment, there are millions more added to that. I'm not even talking big choices. Heck, when you glance at someone or not, that's a choice. So how could any psychic of the future know each and every choice one is going to make? They can not.

Now one thing I could believe (and this stretches it but still) is if, for example, someone tells you you're going to marry someone with blonde hair. Maybe you don't date anyone but blondes cuz of that, lol. But what if you had to date someone with black hair in order to meet a friend of a friend who later became your spouse and they had blonde hair? But you choose to not date that person because they had black hair? Then you never meet that future blonde spouse and therefore 'the psychic was wrong'. Maybe that doesn't make too much sense. In my mind it does xD but still.

No way anyone can know what another person is going to choose. Our futures are our own to create. The only 100 percent certainty we have toward our own futures is by looking back and hopefully we learned from our own past mistakes therefore not repeating them.

what about those who can go somewhere and feel/see what happened there in the past and are accurate, even though they've never been there before or knew nothing about the past events in said place? Granted some may know and just lie about not knowing, but would everyone do this?

so many questions. so many opinionated answers. I think we'll never know for sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted/seen this video before... The answer is yes, there are perhaps people with gifts, but they are not always 100% right all the time. However, their accuracy is probably better than most people.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Kurius
but they are not always 100% right all the time. However, their accuracy is probably better than most people.

Here lies the problem. They are either Psychic or they are not. They can't be JUST sometimes. You either have the gift or you don't

99% of the time they are correct using chance alone, nothing more. If I Psychic is given 15 tests and out of those 15 they get, say, 7 right, that is not being Psychic, its chance and chance alone.

You should watch some of Randi's videos

Cheers

Spiro

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join