It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Uhh...what do you think a Dell IS?

a league of its own

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

Uhh...what do you think a Dell IS?

a league of its own

Indeed...the only computer running on a pile of CRAP!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i know what your talking about...

Macs right???

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So far I have had 3 topics...Iraq War....Totalitarianism leads to peace...and noodles/rice and mac/pc which i group into one category because they're not serious.... any other takers?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I am in China and maybe you will forumlate your topic around this interesting snack...

So far I have had 3 topics...Iraq War....Totalitarianism leads to peace...and noodles/rice and mac/pc which i group into one category because they're not serious....

Sounds like the Henry Ford Model-T debate to me. You can pick any topic, so long as it's about China.
Welcome back SomeWhereInChina. We missed you.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

why not debate whether debates are worth the debating they involve

probably not, neither of our opinions are going to be changed by it but it will be fun.

And a word of advice dont start argueing with Intrepid. I know!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
How about the American Defence budget. Is is nessecary or overkill?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
And a word of advice dont start argueing with Intrepid. I know!!!

I'm hoping that comes from my debate skills.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well thank you Instar for posting your topic suggestion and wow look out! Intrepid's already can a fan base....But I'm the type that says the more you should stay away the more I wanna get closer...Hmmm Any other takers...let's wait a bit more and see if there are any other challengers...I'm still thinking there's a best topic out there...

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Well thank you Instar for posting your topic suggestion and wow look out! Intrepid's already can a fan base....But I'm the type that says the more you should stay away the more I wanna get closer...Hmmm Any other takers...let's wait a bit more and see if there are any other challengers...I'm still thinking there's a best topic out there...

if there are no other challengers, they see ALL will have the honor of dueling you

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, Bubba, why don't you come up with a topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It took till page three for someone to come up with that question....can't think of any topic on your own??? I have plenty of good topics as I love debating...I enjoy arguing the side I most disagree with as well. For me it's a skill and topic's are secondary but important for both sides to have a long lasting debate....So why don't I think of one....I think I will listen to other's first and negotiate with the top proposal submitter to create the final topic and then hopefully Kano will accept it and we can begin....

so, got a topic?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Topic:
Freedom Isn't Free

Supposition:
One must pay a price for their freedom...or...Freedom is a priveledge, not a right.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
OOPS says:

"I think I will listen to other's [sic] first and negotiate with the top proposal submitter to create the final topic and then hopefully Kano will accept it and we can begin...."

Far be it from me, as someone who's only been here three months or so, to give suggestions about behavior (even to a newbie), but I detect just a hint of condescension and arrogance with you.

It seems to me like you want us to compete for the honor and privilege of debating with you, and then you will graciously notify the best among us prior to your destroying us with your superior skill and genius.

"so, got a topic?"

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do:

"Is the ignore button below your avatar good for anything?"

My proposal: Yes.

Goodbye.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the courtesy of saying goodbye! Of course you can't see this so why bother to write it?? Well I guess because I want to. And 'want' is the key phrase and the title of this forum 'Looking for a Debate'.

So yes I am looking for a competitor to debate me...arrogant no. I don't want to have a silly debate but for a committed one. So there must be a process of finding a challenger. If you don't want to debate me please don't post in this forum...If you do please post your suggested topics...I consider each and everyone equally not based on positive or negative attitudes towards me but based on how the topic...thanks. I hope we can begin shortly!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Maybe you should contact Kano first?

You really should have listened to intrepid.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

its about time you showed up

i mean really, the mod of the debates should be aware of all...

or is he???

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
?? what does that mean ??

Originally posted by Kano

Maybe you should contact Kano first?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Topic: Peace can be had through totalitarian rule.

Which side would you be for???

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
if there are no other challengers, they see ALL will have the honor of dueling you

topic suggestion:

Would humanity be better off globally united or seperated into countries?

note: its just a suggestion, i've already got a debate lined up with some one else

[edit on 27-11-2004 by UK Wizard]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join