It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Charles Koch (1/2 of the famous Koch Brothers) has written an opinion article in the Wall Street Journal.

He makes excellent points that certainly offer some down to earth views of society and government.

He seems to lambast the Collectivists (ultra-Progressives) and claims they keep using Saul Alinsky "debate" tactics that indicate a telltale sign that the collectivists do not have good answers to much of anything !!

He cites the excellent record of Koch Industries that employ 60,000 people (1/3 of American based are in unions) and support more than 140,000 indirect jobs.

He cites many employee accomplishments that resulted in awards from OSHA and the EPA !!

Hardly what we would expect to hear according the people who would have us believe the Koch Brothers are evil reptiles and hate people.

Meet Charles G. Koch !!

I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives. It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.

Unfortunately, the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation's own government. That's why, if we want to restore a free society and create greater well-being and opportunity for all Americans, we have no choice but to fight for those principles. I have been doing so for more than 50 years, primarily through educational efforts. It was only in the past decade that I realized the need to also engage in the political process.

Koch: I'm Fighting to Restore a Free Society

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I don't know, the wealthy elite talk a good line when surrounded by their riches.

I'd love to see the look on his face right when someone asked him what would he do if all his money suddenly disappeared?

Precious…

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I'm just glad there is someone who has enough money to counter George Soros.

I agree with some of what he says, but I refuse to be part of the right / left divisiveness.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

intrptr

I don't know, the wealthy elite talk a good line when surrounded by their riches.

I'd love to see the look on his face right when someone asked him what would he do if all his money suddenly disappeared?

Precious…

OH that's a real cool response !!!

I wonder what the look on all the employees' faces would look like if that happened ?

Especially when they get the pink slips !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
offs. how g0--damn disingenuous can ATS neocons get.

Koch brothers, the people whom spent 400 million exclusively in last election (and mostly flopped btw) are considered pretty good guys, what with their total BS "grassroots" movements and all that nonsense, full scale purchasing of minor city and town elections, yay, good guys

Then you got Soros, whom comparatively is some poor schmuck, who has actual accomplishments of destroying communism in the eastern bloc as some evil emperor around here.

I don't normally use the word shills...as it is simply overused here on ATS...but...gotta eventually call it how it is
what a bunch of g-d dang shills in this joint!

Enjoy your lovefest over your corporate masters

Learn something about em verses listen to the shills bow to them and sing prose about the destroyers

Done here btw, quick...talk about how Soros is a liberal.
edit on 2-4-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The Koch brothers use their wealth to pervert our political system to a greater extent than any other individuals I can think of. They fund fake grass roots organizing efforts, propaganda manufacturing PACs and interconnected "think tanks" to generate copious amounts of BS data to support their agenda, spending millions in marketing dollars to brainwash the masses. They also exert their influence to bully conservative politicians into falling in line with their agenda.

The Koch brothers are not trying to restore liberty, they're trying to remake our country into a more Koch Industries-friendly place. Ever read about the Georgia Pacific drainage canals that poison groundwater and force people out their homes? The only thing that interests the Koch brothers is removing the impediments to growing their empire. It's one thing to haplessly buy into their BS but putting a person who actively seeks to control your mind on a pedestal is nauseating.

It's like that scene from the movie Hannibal where Ray Liotta is being fed his own brains.
[SNIP]

edit on 2014-4-2 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/4/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed image containing gore

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

wonder what the look on all the employees' faces would look like if that happened ?

I didn't say take his money away, just what if? You want to see a normally composed person whose whole world depends on money get flustered… get angry… sputter and spit… explode in rage…

then yah, threaten to take any of it away.

Mild mannered rich people aren't mild mannered inside.

Now there are exceptions. The Dali Lama for instance. He gave the million "reward" for his Peace Prizes to charity.

Links

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Isn't the WSJ owned by the Illuminati frontman Rupert Murdoch?

Isn't there just a SLIGHT conflict of interest going on there?

The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

"It is through the press and the media that the lie is penetrating through to the masses," declared Professor Marrs. The media is used as a weapon. So when you watch, read, or listen to mainstream news, ask yourself, "what will the CFR like me to believe today?"

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I think it is a well formed statement and I have no reason to doubt that he is sincere.

Far from trying to rig the system, I have spent decades opposing cronyism and all political favors, including mandates, subsidies and protective tariffs—even when we benefit from them. I believe that cronyism is nothing more than welfare for the rich and powerful, and should be abolished.

Good for him for making it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

SaturnFX
offs. how g0--damn disingenuous can ATS neocons get.

Koch brothers, the people whom spent 400 million exclusively in last election (and mostly flopped btw) are considered pretty good guys, what with their total BS "grassroots" movements and all that nonsense, full scale purchasing of minor city and town elections, yay, good guys

Then you got Soros, whom comparatively is some poor schmuck, who has actual accomplishments of destroying communism in the eastern bloc as some evil emperor around here.

I don't normally use the word shills...as it is simply overused here on ATS...but...gotta eventually call it how it is
what a bunch of g-d dang shills in this joint!

Enjoy your lovefest over your corporate masters

Learn something about em verses listen to the shills bow to them and sing prose about the destroyers

I don't trust anyone with tons of money! After all it seems that money buys government officials!

The fact you tried to defend George Soros as a good guy and throw the "SHILL" word out in the process, makes me want to tell you to take a good hard look in a mirror!

edit on 2-4-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

If all their money evaporated today ... they'd go out and make baskets full of it tomorrow. That's their talent.

This fighting fire with fire (political financing) needs to end ... but I'm not one who believes in settling for the one-sidedness others got away with.

PAC contributions should be taxed at the 99% rate. Problem Ended once and for all.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Corporate masters.

Now we have the US government that enslaves us to draconian rule, feeds us, gives us allowance, houses us.

Yet the Koch brothers are the "corporate masters".

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

beezzer
Corporate masters.

Now we have the US government that enslaves us to draconian rule, feeds us, gives us allowance, houses us.

The US government doesn't feed me, give me a house or an allowance. I'm sure the Koch brothers have a job for you, they own like eight mega mansions between them, I'm sure they could use a few more house slaves.. I mean employees.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Hmmm.

I don't suppose you can show all the details to back up the claims?

It might help.

Maybe Koch is right about the "argument" tactics?

Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If.

I said "If" too.

two "ifs" make an "if".

and "if" is the biggest word in the dictionary.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Murgatroid

Isn't the WSJ owned by the Illuminati frontman Rupert Murdoch?

Isn't there just a SLIGHT conflict of interest going on there?

The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

"It is through the press and the media that the lie is penetrating through to the masses," declared Professor Marrs. The media is used as a weapon. So when you watch, read, or listen to mainstream news, ask yourself, "what will the CFR like me to believe today?"

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

Sinister and witchy for sure.

Maybe Koch didn't write the article?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

theantediluvian

beezzer
Corporate masters.

The US government doesn't feed me, give me a house or an allowance. I'm sure the Koch brothers have a job for you, they own like eight mega mansions between them, I'm sure they could use a few more house slaves.. I mean employees.

Don't pay your taxes and then come back and brag about how free your are!

Bottom line, why bash the Koch's and ignore George Soros?

OH! I get it! It shows you buy into the partisanship brainwashing!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

theantediluvian

beezzer
Corporate masters.

Hmmm.

from his article:

Instead of encouraging free and open debate, collectivists strive to discredit and intimidate opponents. They engage in character assassination. (I should know, as the almost daily target of their attacks.) This is the approach that Arthur Schopenhauer described in the 19th century, that Saul Alinsky famously advocated in the 20th, and that so many despots have infamously practiced. Such tactics are the antithesis of what is required for a free society—and a telltale sign that the collectivists do not have good answers.

anything to this?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

xuenchen

theantediluvian

beezzer
Corporate masters.

Hmmm.

from his article:

Instead of encouraging free and open debate, collectivists strive to discredit and intimidate opponents. They engage in character assassination. (I should know, as the almost daily target of their attacks.) This is the approach that Arthur Schopenhauer described in the 19th century, that Saul Alinsky famously advocated in the 20th, and that so many despots have infamously practiced. Such tactics are the antithesis of what is required for a free society—and a telltale sign that the collectivists do not have good answers.

anything to this?

"At their party conferences and in their party literature, the Marxians give more attention to questions of organization and of tactics than to the most important basic problems of politics. In fact, if one wished to be more precise one would have to admit that nothing interests them at all except from the point of view of party tactics and that they have no interest to spare for anything else."
-Ludwig von Mises
edit on 2-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

Good Point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join