It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regular Military Vs Reserve Forces / National Guard in a SHTF Scenerio.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: finitydream

i agree with your idea that every group has all forms of people and this leads me to believe we wont have a black and white revolutionary war but i would say at least 5 major factions per state that is made up of civ, army, navy, airforce, nat guard, state guard all mixed up based on personal preference

molon labe

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
Two hours a week, one weekend a month and two weeks a year does not a soldier make, not one that understands service at a conceptual level.

Maybe not, but deployment after deployment after deployment after deployment does. Sitting in an office stateside where the hardest part of the day is morning PT while drawing a check really isn't 'soldiering' at a "conceptual level".

I think we all need to look at the fundamental differences between Regular / Reserve Troops and consider them as separate elements.

As a reservist, with 9 years of service (with a total of 4 years of that active duty) I can honestly say that some of the biggest #bags I've ever met were active component soldiers. With the Reserve/National Guard you have individuals with a huge array of skills other than their MOS. However with the Active Components there is a vast gap in skillsets.

I can never imagine, Marines, Seals, The Big Red 1 or the 82nd Airborne acting against their own citizens. Never going to happen. Looking to some of the negative stuff from Iraqi and other places such as the disgusting photos of troops dehumanizing captives, that was all done by Reserve troops. The U-Tube vids of shooting civilians, of whooping and cheering when enemy get blown away, are reserve troops.

Again, there's #bags in every group.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton
#hi# bags We can EASILY handle they don't like orders.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join