It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Babylon is burned, time for the first war, which side are you on?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Does that mean no unemployment and everyone will be expected to work? You make it sound like Communism….just saying'.

Swords into plowshares

You can't fight with a plow, form armies, make currency, oppress anyone. All you can do is till the soil and plant.

Good exercise, ever tried it?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

intrptr
reply to post by WarminIndy

Does that mean no unemployment and everyone will be expected to work? You make it sound like Communism….just saying'.

Swords into plowshares

You can't fight with a plow, form armies, make currency, oppress anyone. All you can do is till the soil and plant.

Good exercise, ever tried it?

Did you know the old line "An army marches on its stomach"?

Oh yes, that's right, armies were fed by the food grown by farmers.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

ok before you run me off on a factual penalty, lemme source some info

first of all theres the part where the beast is revealed, and i believe the recent popularity of this atheist, illuminati trending that is going on in pop culture is a strong reference to this, people just are losing faith for no reason

then there is the seven bowls that the bible speaks of

1. grievous sores- mass outbreaks of stds
2. sea turns to blood, river turns to blood- massive oil spills in certain parts of the world frequently within the past 3 years
3. massive heat waves- scientists constantly warning us about solar flares that are supposed to happen and are happening

i believe that we are in this stage trying to make it past the seven bowls before the war with the devil

-edit also, im also asking which side you would be on , i would like to have this answer more importantly , forgive me for not sourcing info
edit on 3-4-2014 by Onyxzyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Onyxzyv
reply to post by SaturnFX

ok before you run me off on a factual penalty, lemme source some info

first of all theres the part where the beast is revealed, and i believe the recent popularity of this atheist, illuminati trending that is going on in pop culture is a strong reference to this, people just are losing faith for no reason

then there is the seven bowls that the bible speaks of

1. grievous sores- mass outbreaks of stds
2. sea turns to blood, river turns to blood- massive oil spills in certain parts of the world frequently within the past 3 years
3. massive heat waves- scientists constantly warning us about solar flares that are supposed to happen and are happening

i believe that we are in this stage trying to make it past the seven bowls before the war with the devil

-edit also, im also asking which side you would be on , i would like to have this answer more importantly , forgive me for not sourcing info
edit on 3-4-2014 by Onyxzyv because: (no reason given)

ok, so in regards to sides. its a bit silly to even consider for someone such as myself (Atheist).
Because then we would have to consider what such an event would look like.
Now
If some paranormal event like nature decided to throw a pink Floyd laser light show and a Hollywood style deity descended from the cloud, making it without a doubt that if not God, then at least a being far more superior to myself was here, real, etc...and was fighting some earthling schmuck in what seemed a clearcut fight of good (ideals) verses evil, I would like to think the reasonable ones would accept first off what was happening (ok, some being...perhaps a biblical god, nature unknown but it doesn't matter at that point) and would choose to back up the good guy if needed.
But things would need to be clearcut. People see antichrists and false prophets all the time. Anything less than a crazy light show and miracles..proper ones, not david blane messing with peoples head type..and I am sideline skeptic.

Keep in mind, I see humanity as a family though. So, any being that comes here and starts smashing up and killing our family defaults into pretty dang evil...that is who I would fight against. Respect and love is a two way street.

But we are no where even close to any seal breaking. if anything, you can seal by seal prove we are going in the opposite direction of said revelations. we are more peaceful now than ever in history, our medicine has put most diseases in check, etc.
As far as atheism being a thing..well, its not in regards to revelations. Persecution for a religion was a ancient rome thing where when Christians were found, they were tossed into arenas to fight with lions and other type horrible things..of course then Christians turned around and did that to pagans and muslims, muslims did that to other brands of islam and things they don't agree with, etc...Atheism simply has walked away from all that cycle of violence and persecution...again, the opposite of the biblical description in regards to seals breaking.

So, ultimately, it seems your more hopeing that the end is nigh..but if we use revelations as a sort of sign to point out the end, then it seems we are very, very far from even the starting.

Sorry mate...your gonna have a full, long life...so get back to school and learn a trade already.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I try to look at it based on energies sometimes. Let's assume that heaven is a positive place. If heaven and earth are connected then perhaps earth is a negative place. Now what happens when a positive pole meets a positive pole. The two are repeled but a negative pole will be accepted to the positive pole.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

OK...I'll try to take your posts seriously. You repeatedly ask which side we are on.

Why do you want to know that, and why is it so important to you, that you made a thread on ATS asking us.

Answer that please...

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

well i ask, because if said war happened im interested on which side people on this forum would choose

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Why not ask on facebook? Why only the people on this forum? What's so important about ATS, and how we may answer?

You didn't really answer my question. Why is it so important to...you.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

you mean gossipbook, thanks i think ill pass on that ,

i come here

1. because there is a legitimate thread for discussion on the topic
2. it would be wise to see how many would be on your side, even in conspiracy correct?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A wise man once said "Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity". Maybe this is why Jesus told people not to fight, but to turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39) and forgive (Matthew 6:14). He also warned that all those who draw the sword will die by the sword (Matthew 26:52).

edit on 3-4-2014 by arpgme because: another quote

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

true, however do you believe evil cares about keeping the peace? and when it comes down to it , whether the peaceful will be able to fight back

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Onyxzyv
reply to post by arpgme

true, however do you believe evil cares about keeping the peace? and when it comes down to it , whether the peaceful will be able to fight back

Never mistake kindness for weakness.

The only reason evil wages war is because the kind have been kind, but the kind man can also body slam the intruder in his home.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What will the choice be? What will the anti-Christ suggest and what will be the religious answer?

I can see it something like a society that is dependent but thriving. The leaders may suggest a new ideology such as technology, freedoms, culling or what not which will be opposed. Could also see religions being the instigator stating that before conflict arises and we are forced to follow we should start living like such and such. Which will then be opposed.

Or how do you see it?

In a way I hope that it is more of a religious / now instigation that I agree with. Better than waiting or ignoring.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I would be on the other side of westboro and those other people who flop around on the floor talking in tongues ..Ya no they really don't seems to be my kinda crowd to hang out with for 10 minutes let alone an eternity . If such a thing were to happen

ETA I don't believe in anything so I guess that would make me your enemy that help ya
edit on 5/4/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Do we have to pick sides?
Can't we all just get along???

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Boscov
reply to post by okamitengu

You would be correct under OT, but NT Revelation and other texts describe another Babylon. NT describes a site known as musterion, in symbolic sense, an interpretation that dates back to the time of Tertullian. Look up Revelation 14:8, 17:6, 17:9, 17:18, 18:2, 18:3. Also, check out the Sibylline Oracles (5 143), and Jewish apocalyptic literature of Esdras and Apocrypha Baruch.

Read up and get back to me. I do not claim any of these texts as fact, but they do support a theory of a new Babylon site for the Apocalypse.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

you stated historians disagreed on where babylon was.
this is not correct,
what your bible says, and what historians believe are not the same thing.

be more careful with your words. I don't care what your fairy tale books say. but if you claim historians disagree, you'd better be sure that they do.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Onyxzyv

Onyxzyv
reply to post by arpgme

All of this "war" and "fighting" stuff does not go along with The Teachings of Jesus Christ (which he gave in The Sermon of The Mount).

You have heard that it was said, 'an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' 39 "But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. - Matthew 5:38-39

"You have heard that it was said, 'you shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous," - Matthew 5:44-45

"Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - Matthew 5:48

love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. - Luke 6:35-36

edit on 7-4-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join