It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Fort Hood Cursed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Okay guys i got home from street Hockey and heard on the news that there was another shooting at Fort Hood. All i know is that 3 are dead including the shooter(could be wrong on the facts.) Now this may sound strange and i generally don't believe in Curses. But as soon as i heard this on the news and the location where the shooting took place that was the first thing that came to mind. But if i remember correctly the last shooting that took place at Fort Hood killed 13 people and now we can add 3 more people to that list. There must be some serious mojo going on there for 2 shootings to take place in less than 5 years. I personally would not be surprised if they close down the base to the "string of violence".

Also RIP to the Victims of the most recent shooting.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevemagegod

I understand what you are suggesting here, but I personally don't think that Fort Hood is cursed. The reasoning behind this is as follows:

Imagine a stretch of road running through the country. This road is winding, it rises and falls with the land. There are sharp turns going up and down hill, where visibility is limited by trees, and other natural features. Sometimes the sun can be directly ahead making it difficult for a driver to see. This particular stretch of road has roughly twenty accidents a year. It would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that the road was cursed.

I don't feel that Fort Hood is cursed, because it's a 'military location'. Soldiers stationed there are under pressure, and have access to leathal weapons, not forgetting their bare hands, and skills learned whilst training. Just take a look at the pressures new recruits are put under, and how some drill sergents treat their soldiers. There are results to achieve, targets to reach, and men need to be trained to deal with the high pressure environments of war and war-like situations.

Some people just aren't suited to that sort of environment, and as a result they snap. That's all I think happened here.

There was an incident in 2009 where a soldier died on exercise at Fort Hood, and after an investigation was concluded it was discovered that there had been many warning signs that were ignored, trainers had flouted rules and regulations, putting their trainees in danger. The result was that one man died... perhaps it's time to re-evaluate how we go to war. What sort of people we actually should allow into the military.

These are just my thoughts though, and I certainly cannot claim to be an expert on the subject. But I'd love to see what the rest of ATS thinks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

To start a thread to talk about the base being "cursed" is absurd.

You over-reacted in a couple of ways on hearing the news. Ft. Hood is the largest Army base in the world. Basically, it is a combat base with thousands of young men there of all types from all backgrounds. Many aren't exactly happy with their lot in life and many are combat vets that their country has made them kill others. It is any wonder that things don't quite go as peacefully there as work in the US Postal Service or some manufacturing plant?

It is a nice pace, great little fishing lakes for its members and civilians such as my buddy that lives in Killeen and myself when visiting.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Stevemagegod
Okay guys i got home from street Hockey and heard on the news that there was another shooting at Fort Hood.

Sure it's possible but Occam would you tell you a much more normal explanation is humans are flawed and capable of horrible acts of violence. When you add stress to that equation bad things happen.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The USA created a Global War on Terror for itself over the alleged actions of 19 individuals on September 11, 2001 and as of yet there is no end date specified.

Since its a global war that is apparently infinitely long targets can be anywhere. Tensions will rise. People will die. It doesn't have to be this way, but that's how those in power want it.

There is no curse. Only a war that has gone on for nearly 13 years. The bodies will continue to stack up.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The base commander at Ft Hood is cursed. General Milley is in deep #, and it might not even be his fault. Nonetheless, it's his responsibility.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

dampnickers

I understand what you are suggesting here, but I personally don't think that Fort Hood is cursed. The reasoning behind this is as follows:

Imagine a stretch of road running through the country. This road is winding, it rises and falls with the land. There are sharp turns going up and down hill, where visibility is limited by trees, and other natural features. Sometimes the sun can be directly ahead making it difficult for a driver to see. This particular stretch of road has roughly twenty accidents a year. It would be somewhat unreasonable to suggest that the road was cursed.

What you talkin' bout? We're over here trying to have a conversation about Ft. Hood being cursed, and you're blabbering about trees.
Seriously though, you are 100% correct. Having gone into the military in 05, I can say with certainty that basic training just does something to certain people. The first night I was there I saw a recruit who punched a drill instructor, and was carted off shortly afterwards. Many people internalize stress, and in certain branches of the military that stress does not end with basic training. All branches can have such stress placed on new people, but it mainly depends on your job, living conditions, etc...Usually such a lifestyle alone will not send someone over the edge. It takes something else, a combination, to cause someone to do something like this.

That is assuming they just aren't plain insane to begin with. There are also extremists who perpetrate acts like this for various "ideals," which they believe to be worth killing for. I am not sure what occurred in this instance, but my guess is that it was a combination of things that sent someone who was already having problems over the edge.

I think you will find this type of stress build up ending badly in the military more than other places simply because of the access to weaponry. I don't know how they do things on army bases, who is allowed to carry a rifle, but certain jobs will definitely mean certain people are walking around with rifles.

top topics

join