It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crackdown ordered on climate-change sceptics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I posted this thread here because, it makes sense.
I also wanted to ask our Brothers and Sisters from thew UK if these has been in the news and what is their take on it.

Ministers who question the majority view among scientists about climate change should “shut up” and instead repeat the Government line on the issue, according to MPs.
The BBC should also give less airtime to climate sceptics and its editors should seek special clearance to interview them, according to the Commons Science and Technology Committee. Andrew Miller, the committee’s Labour chairman, said that appearances on radio and television by climate sceptics such as Lord Lawson of Blaby, the former Chancellor of the Exchequer, should be accompanied by “health warnings”.

link

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The Times headline seems to be misleading.
On the basis of their report, the headline should be "Crackdown demanded" rather than "Crackdown ordered".
It's an opinion expressed by a committee, not an official decision.
It's putting pressure on to achieve a crackdown, rather than the crackdown itself.
Critics of climate change theory don't think the B.B.C. gives them any time at all, so giving them less time would be difficult.

edit on 2-4-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

guohua

Ministers who question the majority view among scientists about climate change should “shut up” and instead repeat the Government line on the issue, according to MP's.

Sounds like you have your own Bill O' Reilly. Congratulations.

www.slate.com...

An 11 year old link, and still relevant to the present day. Sigh.

STFU!!!!!

edit on 4 2 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Added a little flavor

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"Crackdown ordered on climate-change sceptics"

Of Course they want the skeptics shut down !!!

The mere suggestion of exposing the BeeEss campaign that fuels the massive financial agenda connected with global warming, global cooling, and climate change threatens the entire pyramid ponzi scheme.

How *Dare* anybody have the *Gall* to question all the work involved to create such a fraud !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Evenin',

Good thing there's kevlar...

-Peace-

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

JohnTheSmith

guohua

Ministers who question the majority view among scientists about climate change should “shut up” and instead repeat the Government line on the issue, according to MP's.

Sounds like you have your own Bill O' Reilly. Congratulations.

www.slate.com...

An 11 year old link, and still relevant to the present day. Sigh.

STFU!!!!!

edit on 4 2 2014 by JohnTheSmith because: Added a little flavor

I'm not from the UK, I was asking from our UK members to give us here in the US some insight of this article.
To me it would seem, one political party is doing it's very best to Shut Down Any and All Opposition to their way of thinking.

Kind of like a Dictatorship! Maoism you might say.
edit on 2-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

xuenchen
"Crackdown ordered on climate-change sceptics"

Of Course they want the skeptics shut down !!!

The mere suggestion of exposing the BeeEss campaign that fuels the massive financial agenda connected with global warming, global cooling, and climate change threatens the entire pyramid ponzi scheme.

How *Dare* anybody have the *Gall* to question all the work involved to create such a fraud !!!

Right, Right, kind of like our one hard core Gore Followers. If you try to talk to them about the head lines a while back and that ship of scientist stuck in the ice.

I guess my question is, Do the UK politicians have this same mentality?
You guys are Welcome have to back P. Morgan, we'll pay for his plane ticket.

edit on 2-4-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, we have to start treating this planet a little better and managing our resources better. We have to quit making bad chemistry and go back to a little simpler lifestyle, a more modest lifestyle. We can't be promoting waste to sell things people don't really need and start making things to last. We should ban planned obsolescence also.

Economy and ecology don't have to be opposites. You change two letters and they have opposite meanings.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are technologies available now......which are being withheld by the oil barons.....no no even ET tech....
Plain old energy efficient earth tech that's been suppressed for decades at least......
Do the governments move toward freeing them up? NO!
Because the money is in selling us the earth destroying stuff first....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

stirling
There are technologies available now......which are being withheld by the oil barons.....no no even ET tech....
Plain old energy efficient earth tech that's been suppressed for decades at least......
Do the governments move toward freeing them up? NO!
Because the money is in selling us the earth destroying stuff first....

Hmmm.

What are those miracles ?

Sounds neat !!!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize"

-Voltaire

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

guohua
To me it would seem, one political party is doing it's very best to Shut Down Any and All Opposition to their way of thinking.

It won't be the one political party.
It will be the "Establishment" of political correctness, which is cross-party, if anything left-wing, and very strong in the B.B.C.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

guohua
You guys are Welcome have to back P. Morgan, we'll pay for his plane ticket

Emm, actually he is a prize one prat and we really don't want him back. How about we all pitch in and get him a ticket for that one way trip to Mars?

I have to admit our government is getting well out of hand with its dictatorial reterick and threats, and it is not just on climate skeptics either.

join