It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Wow...

Do you have any idea how appalling that statement was?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
How do the Army recruit someone who is a Jihadist from an ME Country?

I'd be careful of anyone named 'Mohammed'.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

In a world where changlings may exist ... it is unwise to attribute humanity to anything that looks like a human being ok!

In fact the Universal Declaration of Human Rights tells us specifically that human beings MUST meet two different standards to be considered human in the 1st place ...

UDHR

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Now was attacking Ft Hood reasonable and did they act in a conscientious manner ... NOPE!

Therefor they ARE NOT HUMAN ... and therefor what could they indeed be but MONSTERS!

Just because the fell out of some female human at time of their birth and genetically may be human are not standards that apply in this case!

People can LOOSE their humanity and once it is gone it is gone forever!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

That definition does not prevent death row prisoners in the United States, and offenders of the most inhuman sort, from being treated as human beings, as a matter of law. This also applies to the person responsible for this action, despite the obviously low opinion of the action itself that persons such as yourself may hold, and with good reason.

Calling this person less than human, allies you with them and their worst intentions, makes you more like them, than like their victims. It is a hideous road to walk, and is nought but a path to ruin.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is crazy, what is going on in the US...Going to assume this is very real unlike the two other shows that have happened, my thoughts are with the injured and deceased.

Anyone done a timeline, didn't we have several shootings the past few years, I would be curious to know what the locations and times are...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

old_god
This is crazy, what is going on in the US...Going to assume this is very real unlike the two other shows that have happened, my thoughts are with the injured and deceased.

Anyone done a timeline, didn't we have several shootings the past few years, I would be curious to know what the locations and times are...

Oh here we go: www.abc.net.au...

To say it's because of the current Gun Law is a weak argument, its more systemic than that, America has some serious underlying issues (IRS, Healthcare, rich-poor divide, drugs, guns, violence etc) that is affecting the well being of many people, their state of mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

I think this is the justification...to prevent a civil uprising, supported by disillusioned military personnel and those of the military complex who do not agree to the neocon agenda, the power elect will take away any chance of a violent uprising.

Think about it, when the boots go down on the ground it will be Iraq 3.0 in the US, powerless people being subdued by their own elect unable to defend themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

nenothtu
We had a shooting at CIA-HQ Langley in '93. Two dead, 3 more wounded. Took 4 years to find the shooter, but we got him (Pakistan again - go figure), and he went to claim his virgin prize in the Jihadi sweepstakes in 2002, via chemical cocktail.

To be fair, though, he DID shoot folks outside the gate, rather than on campus, while they sat in their cars waiting to turn in.

no, no, no...they only win the prize if they martyr themselves..if they're captured, and executed, they get nothing..

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That definition does not prevent death row prisoners in the United States, and offenders of the most inhuman sort, from being treated as human beings, as a matter of law.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

And I am not calling them 'less than human" as monsters have their place and uses also ... they are merely a monster!

We humanely imprison and put down animals and I think we can classify monsters as animals!

When animals are rabid ... we do not muck about and the outcomes for these animals is immediately lethal.

Personally I may be a monster also ok ... as what I am suggesting borders on the insane .. however it does follow a certain reasonable logic and I am being conscientious by trying to reveal that dispassionately.

Note: If we discount the UDHR document out of hand we then are in the unenviable position where Humans have no rights!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Justaposter

Wrabbit2000
Probably nothing.. but he most certainly DID say "9 mil" when describing the confrontation with the last person...and before he just corrected himself by a media point a moment ago.

Probably nothing...

* Sorry Mirth... I was posting from an earlier point and hadn't even seen your post as what mine was coming right after. The General seemed defensive when correcting himself and saying 'if I'd said 9 millimeter'.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Wrabbit, he said he misspoke. I think it was just a simple slip up. I can't imagine the stress they are all under right now.

stress? what stress?

THEY'RE not being shot at......they're safe as you can be. if he was embedded with a combat unit, in the field, overseas, and was in actual danger, now that's stress....

let's just call a spade a spade....if he made a mistake, he made a mistake...it's either because he's stupid, or can't read, or maybe it wasn't a mistake, and he's lying through his teeth....but for christ's sake, don't use the lame "stress" excuse...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ZonedOut

Well, you may, if you wish, go and look up the state law on human rights pertaining to the state which contains Fort Hood, and see what that says about it. You will find that the law there has a more immediate effect on what will happen to the perpetrator of this crime, than the international human rights rules have.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
This is the obvious outcome of giving a bunch of psycho's firearms with the knowledge of how to use them. They aren't even people.

Well, I know you are just entertaining yourself with this babble, and I shouldn't even entertain it, but if this is the "obvious" outcome (like so many gun control advocates would assert), then why isn't it even more prevalent?

100s of 1000s of military personnel trained, armed, and combat tested, but situations like this are still extremely rare.

100 million armed citizens, with 100s of millions of legal weapons, yet crimes committed by citizens with legal weapons are almost nil.

I've never understood where the logic or data to back up this assertion that it is "obvious" comes from? The crime rate among legal gun owners and ex-military is statistically so low that it doesn't even bear mentioning. When you remove suicide from the equation, the numbers are beyond miniscule. Kind of like saying, "it is obvious we are all going to die from the plague, because there are millions of mosquitoes and one in Arizona was carrying the plague." Well, we haven't all died yet, and one anomaly here or there doesn't trump the mountains of data and statistics pointed the opposite way.

And on another note. I just love the term "obvious." It is an argumentative bully tactic. Folks with little to no data, or low intelligence and debate skills will often resort to this tactic. If it is so "obvious," then I must be an idiot to disagree, so I should just slink away now and not even argue..... Oh, wait, except for the fact that is only seems obvious to the person stating it, while all the folks educated on the issue seem to have reached the opposite conclusion and argued their point without resorting to bullying, and without relying on mere opinion and sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

ItCameFromOuterSpace
This is the obvious outcome of giving a bunch of psycho's firearms with the knowledge of how to use them. They aren't even people.

that is quite possibly the stupidest thing i'll read all month...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Laws or no laws nothing will happen to the perp as they are dead [apparently by their own hand]!

Justice seems to have been done ... now its a job for mercy to take care of the victims!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

ZonedOut

In a world where changlings may exist ... it is unwise to attribute humanity to anything that looks like a human being ok!

In fact the Universal Declaration of Human Rights tells us specifically that human beings MUST meet two different standards to be considered human in the 1st place ...

UDHR

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Now was attacking Ft Hood reasonable and did they act in a conscientious manner ... NOPE!

Therefor they ARE NOT HUMAN ... and therefor what could they indeed be but MONSTERS!

Just because the fell out of some female human at time of their birth and genetically may be human are not standards that apply in this case!

People can LOOSE their humanity and once it is gone it is gone forever!

stuff that...the UN doesn't get to decide who's human, and who isn't.... -rolls eyes-

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

old_god

oh no, can't do that...we start making timelines, and then it becomes a spreadsheet, and then people are being accused of being the next school shooter... (Where in the F**K is the eye roll smiley?!)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok a few more facts....

Lonk

1. Did NOT see combat in Iraq
2. Just moved to the area and base 3 weeks ago
3. 'Self Reported' mental issues.

So, I would say there is no PTSD. Also, the 'argument with other soldiers' I think can go away also. If he had been stationed there for years and had ongoing issues and it boiled over I can see that.

I am really looking forward to the 'reason' that they present to us in the next few days.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Self reported mental issues?

Does that mean that he told his commanding officer, the base doctor, his wife, his goldfish? Who did he report these things to exactly?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is why America is laughed at around the world. You can have weapons that belong on a battlefield in the hands of rednecks who have no respect or knowledge about the weapon and they just leave it out for a kid to shoot someone or themselves, but a weapon cannot be in the hands of soldiers who actually have the proper training and respect respect for the weapon. lack of common sense.

To bad Piers Morgan got cancelled, he would of had a field day with this.

Also, just watch. There will be lots of heated debate about the legality of certain guns and certain people owning guns. but as always nothing will happen until the next shooting when you just repeat the debate and once again nothing happens. it is a bad cycle America has fallen into

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Idiosonic
This is why America is laughed at around the world. You can have weapons that belong on a battlefield in the hands of rednecks who have no respect or knowledge about the weapon and they just leave it out for a kid to shoot someone or themselves, but a weapon cannot be in the hands of soldiers who actually have the proper training and respect respect for the weapon. lack of common sense.

To bad Piers Morgan got cancelled, he would of had a field day with this.

Also, just watch. There will be lots of heated debate about the legality of certain guns and certain people owning guns. but as always nothing will happen until the next shooting when you just repeat the debate and once again nothing happens. it is a bad cycle America has fallen into

what a lovely (if not completely ignorant, and wrong-minded) opinion....do you happen to be from either England, or California?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join