It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
On a side note from the ongoing discussions of stateside military policy, I have an observation after reading all 23 pages of this thread.

First and foremost, thoughts for the families of the injured and deceased.

Second, the amount of conflicting information from the various media sources is staggering. How can there be so many different accounts when there is only one truth?

I have zero percent confidence that any of us will know the truth any time soon. The spin machines will be working overtime this evening to manipulate this event for a wide range of agendas.

Sad, really, that we have to go to such extrapolatory lengths to derive and assemble mini-niblets of truth.

edit on 4/2/2014 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Think about this, we trust some really crazy people with guns and even give them a badge, a car, and pay them to go out and harass people, raid their homes and property, and from time to time murder them....

So hold people accountable for the actions of what someone else has done.

But then send them off to some far away land to kill for this country.

Still doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
The amount of conflicting information from the various media sources is staggering. How can there be so many different accounts when there is only one truth?

Probably because until facts or that one truth is known people can only report on what they have in front of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Stressing out something awful, still can't reach my friend at Fort Hood.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
When I was stationed in Germany back in the mid 90's, firearms access was heavily restricted, and people who had them had to lock them up in the arms room. It didn't stop people from killing each other. Instead of firearms, people were using everything from crowbars to katanas (we had one guy just walk up to a dude in a phone booth and whack his head off with a katana near the flight line in Fulda)

People in the military snap all the time, combat or no. I've seen people do weird things.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTalentedMrBryant

I'm sending prayers for your friend. Hopefully now that the all clear has been given, they will be easier to get ahold of.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Doodle19815 because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

ausername

neo96
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I suggest someone think about this.

Soldiers are GOVERNMENT employees who job is to shoot at people for a living.

So they can be trusted when they are shoveled off 10,000 miles away, but they can't be 'trusted' when they are here.

And that makes 'sense'.

WOW.

Think about this, we trust some really crazy people with guns and even give them a badge, a car, and pay them to go out and harass people, raid their homes and property, and from time to time murder them....

Probably more former military. Someone should do a study about that correlation. I'd bet there is one.

The fact is, when people are in combat situations and the way the come back from those experiences, the DoD and base commanders deem it wiser to not have them armed. There is this and there are many logical reasons for this that probably prevent many more tragic situations and accidents, even in domestic situations.

PTSD can be a very serious thing. I know this from personal experience with my father and with my ex-husband.

Think about that.

reply to post by TheTalentedMrBryant

I know how you feel. Same here. My friend's a medic who had done six tours now and just returned to Hood. It's a big base, but you still worry and they do keep mentioning it was at a medical support building. To make matters worse, I had a horrible nightmare about 6 weeks ago where his wife called me and told me he was gone.

edit on 4/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
Second, the amount of conflicting information from the various media sources is staggering. How can there be so many different accounts when there is only one truth?

and this is just one of the MANY reasons why we hate the media....they're all so goddamn eager to get a leg up on the competition, and get the latest scoop, that they don't check facts, and just report whatever crap they get...

reminds me of a prank call one of the stern guys did....there was a raging wildfire out in one of those states that usually has them....the guy calls into one of the big national news networks, claims to be a fire chief, and proceeds to string them along for a good 20 minutes......he finally lets them know they've been had, by announcing that they believed the fire had been started by a blast of gas from howard stern's ass...

had the media taken a minute to verify the guy's identity, they would have seen he wasn't legit, and that would have been that....but they were so eager to get the exclusive guest, and get information the other stations didn't, that they just put the guy on....

same thing with this, and with sandy hook, and aurora, and virginia tech, and 9/11....they just spew whatever crap they're fed, without taking the time to check if it's legit...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I heard news of authorities looking for or warning of another person wanting to do a Fort Hood shooting days ago.

Good job with security. Maybe quit recruiting Muslim converts also.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Actually, the local station isn't doing badly. Not perfect, but much better IMO than the cable news infotainment shows.

And then there's the other side of the double-edged sword...if they weren't reporting anything people would be screaming foul as well and wanting more news.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

NOOONE is saying EVERYONE should be armed. Gun-free zones are giant targets, proven twice at Ft. Hood.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by raedar

It's not gun free. It's controlled. So yet again: www.dtic.mil...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by Daedalus

Actually, the local station isn't doing badly. Not perfect, but much better IMO than the cable news infotainment shows.

And then there's the other side of the double-edged sword...if they weren't reporting anything people would be screaming foul as well and wanting more news.

local affiliates are usually tons better than the big cable channels....

there was a time when they had a balance between reporting fast, and reporting right.....it was back when stations actually cared about reporting the news..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If this is the man.

Booker, who is also known as Muhammad Abdullah Hassan, was recruited by the U.S. Army in Kansas City, Mo., in February 2014 and was scheduled to report for basic training on April 7. But he was discharged last week, apparently after law enforcement authorities learned of his alleged plan.

So one week ago he is discharged which might stress or push him into action. The FBI, concerned with the man, can't watch him for a week?

Hey, maybe more military and TSA and NSA will fix this.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by raedar

Then how the hell have there been TWO shootings at Fort Hood ?

It's 'controlled' ! ! ! !

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is weird, I made a reply in another thread some time ago, it has gone, as has the thread originator's post?
edit on 2-4-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

They reported that Ivan Lopez is the alleged shooter.

www.ibtimes.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Eight years in the Navy, and another 15 on and off an Air Force base that also houses one of the largest DOE complexes... They are indeed, gun free... Latching on to that PDF is weakening that argument, not bolstering it... I'm not sure you understand what it really outlines.

US military bases are as vulnerable as an elementary school in Connecticut or a movie theater in Colorado...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Yeah someone definitely lost their snip to take guns away from the people they sent off to fight their wars.

Maybe they shouldn't be sending them to war.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join