It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

curme
reply to post by NickDC202

What would you have him do? I'm really curious. Fly to Ft Hood and observe the investigation? Go back to the Oval Office and be updated there?

After his bold statement, "I have a pen and I have a phone." I'd expect him to immediately use that pen to write out an executive order allowing all trained personnel on military bases to be allowed to carry the weapons they're trained to use.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The current President could say "The sky is blue" and some people here would find something horribly wrong with it.

Rightly so since the guy hides behind an 'army' of guys with GUNS called the secret service.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Mirthful Me

research100
2 soldiers got into some kind of argument...

Then why four dead and fourteen wounded? The whole "soldier on soldier" smokescreen is crap...

There's a lot more to this than a simple argument, premeditation almost seems to be a necessity...

agreed....if they're supposed to be disarmed, where'd he get the gun?

and honestly, soldiers in the same army don't typically kill one another....especially over arguments..

..unless that argument is something like "hey dude, i banged ur mom last night...look, i got pics....u mad, bro?"

maybe i'm paranoid, but this thing doesn't seem right to me..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

neo96
Rightly so since the guy hides behind an 'army' of guys with GUNS called the secret service.

Like every other President of the past 30 years.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3008ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

at least 14 injured, 4 killed including the shooter ()may have killed himself), that's on the news right now...still on lockdown...still waiting for the conference

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

opethPA

neo96

Like every other President of the past 30 years.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3008ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

So of those presidents how many shootings at military bases happened ?

And tried to pass legislation to get 'rid' of guns ?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

ausername
It will take some time to figure out which talking points to go with to the public.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Fort hood part 2

Will they get it right this time?

Depends on whose definition of right and what the desired outcome of that is.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

None have pushed gun control like Obama.
edit on 2-4-2014 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to feel about this. Stationed here at Fort Polk as a family. Quiet, kinda boring... can't imagine something like that ever happening here.

But in the same place?

Same sort of thing?

On a military base?

Something is wrong with more than our country at this rate.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

diggindirt

curme
reply to post by NickDC202

What would you have him do? I'm really curious. Fly to Ft Hood and observe the investigation? Go back to the Oval Office and be updated there?

After his bold statement, "I have a pen and I have a phone." I'd expect him to immediately use that pen to write out an executive order allowing all trained personnel on military bases to be allowed to carry the weapons they're trained to use.

Odd, I would expect him to take out the pen and sign an Executive Order taking away all firearms from soldiers and veterans. I'd expect him to use the phone to call a press conference to explain how he's solved "soldier on soldier" violence.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Still not sure how his stance on gun control has anything to do with his doing what every President does which is stay behind the Secret Service.

Nor am I sure how that has anything to do with tactically why the President shouldn't drop everything and head right to a situation like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

So they aren't calling this one "workplace violence"?

Hmmm

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

WHY is the Secret Service allowed to carry guns.

And soldiers are not ?

THAT IS WHAT IT HAS to do with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

opethPA
Show me a president that has responded that way?

George Washington.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Feltrick
Odd, I would expect him to take out the pen and sign an Executive Order taking away all firearms from soldiers and veterans. I'd expect him to use the phone to call a press conference to explain how he's solved "soldier on soldier" violence.

In the immortal word of Dr. Sheldon Cooper...

Sarcasm?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Yeah. There's a three-star general at Fort Hood. If he can't deal with this, the military should be disbanded.

As for the POTUS ... his words of consolation are enough. Hopefully, he learned his lesson from Fort Hood 1, and keeps his 'opinions' to himself.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by opethPA

WHY is the Secret Service allowed to carry guns.

And soldiers are not ?

THAT IS WHAT IT HAS to do with it.

Textbook logical fallacy, as per usual.

False equivalence is a logical fallacy where there appears to be a logical equivalence between two opposing arguments, but when in fact there is none.

Give it a rest. please.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Daedalus

opethPA
Show me a president that has responded that way?

George Washington.

Good thing the world hasn't changed since he was alive.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So 1 creep can shoot over dozen people on a military base with only a handgun?What if a small heavily armed group managed to get on the base the same way?Obviously we didn't learn a damn thing since last time.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join