It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

What would you have him do? I'm really curious. Fly to Ft Hood and observe the investigation? Go back to the Oval Office and be updated there?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I know it's an important aspect to talk about, but can we at least wait till tomorrow to bash Obama and bring politics in to this? We're going to hear about his "not terrorism" comments for months after this......so can we not go that route just yet?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ft Hood news conference starting...

www.kcentv.com...

Ugh now five more minutes...

Now saying the lockdown has not been lifted.

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Second that. It's making me ill.

edit on 4/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

they will have a news conference shortly....said the gunman is dead ( mentioned on kgo radio and kron channel 4 news on the tv ), other fatalities...2 soldiers got into some kind of argument...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Two soldiers, who are supposed to be unarmed, get into an argument, and instead of one or two people beat up, it results in dozens shot, 4 dead, etc., etc.,?

B. S.

This is not a simple altercation, no matter what the press decides to call it later. Unless of course, you consider the Trojan War a simple altercation. Just a little disagreement about a girl, thats all, nothing to worry about.
edit on 2-4-2014 by 3shadesofblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

research100
2 soldiers got into some kind of argument...

Then why four dead and fourteen wounded? The whole "soldier on soldier" smokescreen is crap...

There's a lot more to this than a simple argument, premeditation almost seems to be a necessity...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The big problem with shooting on a army base is many soldiers will run to gunfire to help other military that are wounded.

Many are trained in combat first aid and will take risk to pull out of the line of fire anyone that is wounded.

This is another gun free zone shooting.

The most dangerous places in the US are gun free zones.

Its time to allow military members with CCWs to carry on bases.

I was a federal security officer on a navy base for a few years after i got out of the Navy.
edit on 2-4-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 3shadesofblack

Agreed.

Representative McCaul (TX ) is saying the same thing. He said "soldier on soldier" doesn't fit the scene. 4 casualties and 14 injured. ..l

I agree with that.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

ANNED
The most dangerous places in the US are gun free zones.

Yep. the most dangerous and the most vulnerable it seems. Odd that.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Ft Hood news conference starting...

After reading this, I'll pass thank you very much...

"...US will get to bottom of what happened."

The MSM AKA "NEWS" has absolutely NOTHING to do with reality.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news." ~ A.J. Liebling

edit on Apr000000Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:15:13 -05008pm30Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:15:13 -050020141502 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Cease in pushing gun control. Trust this will be used against us. People are angry at him for a reason.

Edit: responding to this by curme:

"reply to post by NickDC202

What would you have him do? I'm really curious. Fly to Ft Hood and observe the investigation? Go back to the Oval Office and be updated there?"

edit on 2-4-2014 by raedar because: Forgot to hit reply to curme

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I am sitting here near the front gate of Fort Hood at a little coffee shop. My hubby (he is fine) is a 1SG on Fort Hood and he, nor any of us the families are being told anything. Fort Hood as well as many of the local school campuses and daycares off post (Killeen area) are all locked down still. The only news we are getting is from the local media just like the rest of you. There is a heavy emergency presence of course. It is going to be a long night and I don't expect to see my hubby until tomorrow. Please keep us all in your prayers as we again go through another tragedy and try to understand all of this. Thanks in advance. Watchdog

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

curme

What would you have him do? I'm really curious. Fly to Ft Hood and observe the investigation? Go back to the Oval Office and be updated there?

that's EXACTLY what i do if i'm president....i'm going to fort hood, i'm meeting the families of the dead, i'm telling the press to calm down, until we know wtf is up, i'm going to the base commander, and asking him "how in the f**k does this happen here?"

if i'm president, i'm not hob-nobbing for campaign contributions, while american soldiers are dying on american soil...

i don't think he's suggesting the president go there, and start offering up blood, and organs (though that would be a hell of a noble gesture), i think he'd like his president to act like he gives a damn..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

i had to stop it at "on behalf of our freedom"...i'm trying to eat...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I don't care about how you feel or what you had to stop doing.

I posted it for the record.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

i'm going to the base commander, and asking him "how in the f**k does this happen here? TWICE "

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Daedalus
that's EXACTLY what i do if i'm president....i'm going to fort hood, i'm meeting the families of the dead, i'm telling the press to calm down, until we know wtf is up, i'm going to the base commander, and asking him "how in the f**k does this happen here?"

if i'm president, i'm not hob-nobbing for campaign contributions, while american soldiers are dying on american soil...

i don't think he's suggesting the president go there, and start offering up blood, and organs (though that would be a hell of a noble gesture), i think he'd like his president to act like he gives a damn..

Show me a president that has responded that way?

Tactically their are multiple security reasons why the President should not immediately head to a situation like this.
The next day , absolutely.
Call the person in charge, yup.
Video conf, yup.

Immediately flying to a location like this makes no sense.

The current President could say "The sky is blue" and some people here would find something horribly wrong with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

prayers and ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) to anyone with family or friends there.....just know you are not alone, we are here for you

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It will take some time to figure out which talking points to go with to the public.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

Fort hood part 2

Will they get it right this time?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join