It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Shooting at Fort Hood; Multiple Injuries UPDATE2: Four dead, 16 injured...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Yeah it's definitely odd. Wish I had seen that.

link   

angelchemuel
BBC have just interviewed a Lieutenant from the base who cannot confirm anybody in custody or how many gunmen or whether a gunman has been shot.
Rainbows
Jane

Somehow I'm not surprised...

link   
Imagine that.....now it's only one shooter.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Change of wording .... Fort Hood personnel are now 'making sure there isn't a second shooter'.
It was that they were chasing down a second shooter. But the Sheriff from there is now saying
'making sure no second shooter'.

Change in posture.

link   

racerzeke
reply to post by FlyersFan

All you need is a clean drivers license, not even necessarily yours to get onto most posts now a days. It's quite scary.

really?

my last job had me going to the picatinny arsenal on a regular basis..it got to the point where i was on a first name basis with the guys at the guard station. even with that level of familiarity, i still had to submit IDs, paperwork, and my vehicle had to be thoroughly inspected every time, before i'd be allowed to proceed....and if you got lost....well, lol, all i can say is don't get lost...

link   
reply to post by Arnie123

You don't have to say 'negative' all the time, or 'affirmative', we get the message. But this isn't a military forum. Just say 'yes' or 'no' like a normal person.

Thank you.

link   

FlyersFan

kosmicjack
...how can this happen there again?

if our troops were allowed to be armed on military posts like they should .. this would have been over in seconds. Why the politicians disarmed our troops on their own military bases is STRANGE.

On the other hand though even if they were armed no doubt some people would be making unnecessary fuss. It's a bit like the NSA stuff. People criticise them for what they do but then seek to also blame them when things go wrong. In my opinion this incident goes to show America needs more intelligence staff.

link   

~Lucidity
Now saying 8 wounded...4 critically.

Reporting this is confirmed by Ft Hood.

But they also said one dead and ALSO the shooter dead...that is def not clear as to if just the shooter is dead.
edit on 4/2/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

these stories change dozens of times when breaking

link   
Now saying the shooter that is "down" appears to be the only shooter. Single shooter.

link   

On the base isn't living on the base. Many civilians on base too during the day. Besides, those combat troops don't work as combat soldiers while on the base. The LE and SP troops should be the only armed troops on a stateside base on any normal day. Otherwise, it'd be a really dangerous environment for average folks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yep.

link   

sheepslayer247

I know, sad that I was waiting for exactly that update with a # eating grin on my face.

link   
So i wonder what the motivations for this 'workplace violence'

was.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You can't make it up! It's just too unbelievable.

Someone better account for this.

Stay safe Arnie, we're all with you!

link   

kosmicjack
Cripes! I did a double take and had to check the date on this OP...how can this happen there again?

No kidding on the date check. I was all, "Necro thread? Huh?"

From what the local channel feed online is saying, the dead shooter is confirmed as the only shooter? Good, big breath of relief, everyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

~Lucidity
Now saying the shooter that is "down" appears to be the only shooter. Single shooter.

Yes ... change of posture on the wording ....
'Making sure no second shooter' ... instead of going after a second shooter.

link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Well, I think we can now confirm that eye-witness testimony and the media reports are garbage.

link   

mr-lizard

You don't have to say 'negative' all the time, or 'affirmative', we get the message. But this isn't a military forum. Just say 'yes' or 'no' like a normal person.

Thank you.

Thats a big negatory.

Neo oscar mike.

link   

sheepslayer247

how many times have we heard this throughout the years?

link   
Tyler is back! Still hidden.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join