It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Mr. President The debate is not over.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

Who the heck cares if the United States is the only developed nation that does not offer universal healthcare? United States is also the most powerful nation of those developed nations. Maybe they should learn something from us?

Insurance is what broke the system, now we mandated more of it.

Wanna see a change to make healthcare more affordable?

Step1. cap malpractice. Place all malpractice suits before a board of trained professionals to determine if the doctor is acting in the best interest of the patient. example: I know an OB that pays 260,000 dollars per year for malpractice premiums. This is not unusual, and its a huge reason why it costs so much to have a baby. Just as one example of course. And it doesn't stop at the premiums. Lawsuits too. Its not a million dollar offense to cause a bed sore by a loose bed spring in an expired hospital bed. By that standard, I know some people that could pay off the national debt with their bad experiences.

Step2. Evidence based medicine. example: You don't need a color ultrasound at week 12 of your pregnancy so you know if you are having a boy or a girl. These are methods used by unethical doctors to scam the system. An ethical doctor declines procedures that are not clinically necessary. And often patients will shop for doctors who are unethical to get what they want and charge it against the masses paying into the system. So then what do we do if the patients drive the healthcare black market?

Step3. Dump insurance companies, go cash only. I pay 3000 dollars into a system I only utilize once or twice a year and spend about 400 dollars total. This is not to say to get rid of medicaid or medicare, but commercial insurance.

Step4. Reduce pharmaceutical patents to 3 years. They have a choke hold on us because the law allows them to jack us around for 7 years before a generic can make an Rx affordable. I know so many elderly people who buy their drugs from Canada once they reach their maximum coverage for Rx at the end of the year because its substantially cheaper.

You will never see any of this happen though, because the markets are driven by the lobbyist that pay to elect our officials. You know what will see to it that you are a slave to the system forever? (aside from Obama) --> Trans Pacific Partnership.

edit on 3-4-2014 by drewlander because: because I wanted to.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The debate was over the moment they had insured a 7 figure number of people. Most poor, and could not get insurance without key provisions in this law.

To repeal it would mean taking healthcare away from these people, their stories would be exploited.

Obama is right. Once open enrollment began the debate was over. By design.

No one is going to repeal it now.

edit on 3-4-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

So what happened to the 40 million uninsured this was meant to cover? The bulk of the enrollees are people who lost their policies due to the ACA by my understanding. And its still not clear if they are even paying for it.

Regardless, I see no reason why it cannot be repealed. If the house writes a bill to repeal any tax and the senate approves, then the president signs it, its done. It just takes the right people to accomplish it.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by drewlander

Not going to happen. It was a trap by design from the time it was pushed through and signed into law.

There may be some moves to change the law in the future. But the damage will already be done. The more time that passes the more aspects of the ACA become nearly impossible to remove.

It is here to stay. Obama knows it.

Despite how destructive this law is and will ultimately be, one has to admire the brilliant strategy behind creating it, pushing it through congress, signing into law, defeating constitutional court challenges and the design of the law itself, being like a kind of infectious cancer that cannot be removed without killing the host.

It is what it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The the President of the United States Barrack Obama the hardest man not to hate in America, requared you actually know what is going on and are paying attention.
edit on 3-4-2014 by jashn20002000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

jashn20002000
The the President of the United States Barrack Obama the hardest man not to hate in America, requared you actually know what is going on and are paying attention.

Being a godlike leader of the free world, constantly surrounded by people that worship you, and do everything to protect you from the real world and people means that you don't see the hate, contempt and anger, or anything really negative. Everything is always peachy.

He doesn't care. In his mind the vast majority of people in America and around the world all love him. He is doing a great job. Best president ever.

Except for that small minority of tea party lovin' redneck racists that hate him, just because he is black, you know.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He's using the global warming playbook.

Declare the debate over before it has a chance to begin, then mock those who question the nonsense.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

DirtyD
Just wait until the employer mandate finally kicks in, then tell me the debate is over. Obama keeps kicking that can down the road as he knows it'll mean layoffs, spouses and children being booted from company plans, and skyrocketing premiums & deductibles for those who get their insurance through work. The debate is definitely not over.

Well, the thing about that is that if they can get away with Obamacare, the individual mandate and the employer mandate, they can get away with writing a law that basically says that companies can't avoid the mandate and it's consequences in any way. That's the thing about the original mandate. It's a precedent. If they got away with that, it's a matter of time before they realize they can get away with basically anything. In fact, I'm sure they already realize that. If I realize it and I'm just a random schmuck I'm sure people who write laws for a living are well aware of it.

This has been my biggest problem with the Obamacare mandate all along. It's pretty obvious they have known for a long time they could get away with this and for whatever reason, they were simply waiting for the right time to spring it on us. Now you have to ask yourself what else they're planning and when they plan to do it.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

ausername

He doesn't care. In his mind the vast majority of people in America and around the world all love him. He is doing a great job. Best president ever.

Except for that small minority of tea party lovin' redneck racists that hate him, just because he is black, you know.

Actually, it's worse than that. He really doesn't care at all. In his mind, it doesn't even matter whether the majority of people love him or not. He's going to do what he's going to do and he doesn't care what anyone thinks, feels or says about it. Well, beyond a certain point. I'm sure it isn't just him. The problem is far worse than that. You can clearly see that there are people who were responsible for putting him where he is and that he is doing exactly what they want him to. These are the only people he cares about.

Really, it's not just Obama. It was Bush before him and Clinton before him and so on. The only purpose these people serve is to be the public face for the hidden agenda. To be the guy who goes on TV to tell everyone how things are going to be done. In a few years, almost nobody will even be talking about Obama anymore because the agenda will have a new face and people will believe a new face means a different agenda. No. It might be a new phase of the same agenda and some aspects of it might look different but it will be the same. And people will be arguing over the individual attributes of the new face. Is he/she a liar? Are they a good speaker? Are they competent? Blaa blaa.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

True. Thirty years of conservative policies have made a lot of people sick, jobless, homeless, as they pretend that wars are free.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MOMof3

Conservative policies huh???

You clearly aren't paying attention.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by neo96

True. Thirty years of conservative policies have made a lot of people sick, jobless, homeless, as they pretend that wars are free.

The last 30 years have been dominated by the exact opposite of conservative policies. I'll bet you don't have the first clue of what conservatism is do you?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by neo96

You are hoodwinked by the MSM Malarkey.

Genuine Conservatives support less government interferences at all levels.

Especially Federal.

Anything totalitarian, authoritarian, tyrannical, centralized money is ultra-Left Wing.

The so-called "smartest" most "educated" people in the world have caused the biggest financial devastations in history.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

ACA will not be repealed. No politician is going to get very far theatening to take away health care from 7,000,000+ Americans. You don't like it? Fine. Don't like it. But don't expect it to go anywhere, unless it changes to Single Payer, (which is actually better). As far Obama playing golf - he's taken far less vacation that Bush. I know, I know, you guys don't accept that. Just like not accepting the ACA, fine, accept/don't accept what ever you want. It'll have zero effect on on anyone else but you and your ever-shrinking demographic. Take care.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I got a letter today from my health insurance provider.

My plan is being phased out at the end of the year due to ObamaCare.

I'm going to go from a $2,000 deductible and no co-pays to an $8,000 deductible with co pays, and my prescription meds will double each month.

How much is Obamacare going to save me?

The premiums are 65% higher than my current rate.

The website was only the beginning of the problems.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wills120

I know what conservatism is. I went out in the workforce in 1968 with just a high school education. We were moving along pretty good, our income kept up with the bills, the jobs were steady, health care was do-able. Then came Reagan and everything changed.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Indeed, it is what it is: an insurance company bailout.

Some will benefit from this law, I don't doubt that.
But, far more will suffer through higher premiums, out of pocket costs and lesser quality insurance.

Not to mention, the cost to the economy when these folks pay more of their income to healthcare, with less discretionary income.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Many still do not get it, the president is 100% correct technically the Republicans had a very weak argument and when it was being debated they had no counter answers, why is this so you may ask ? well this plan was not truly Obama's plan, it is part of the infrastructure that has been put in place to facilitate the aims of the NWO long term, the reason why the debate is over, is that both sides are in on this, the overseeing body is the U.N. and the hidden hand, you can keep focusing on the messenger, but unfortunately even after he is gone, this will stick just like the IRS and the FED, maybe not in the current form, but get used to it, this is another control factor that by the time enough Americans become part of the system, it will be virtually impossible to reverse the effects.

Just the truth of the matter, it is a Federal law now, any administration that comes later and attempts to repeal they will quickly find it will consume their entire 4 years or more, actually to put it simply it will be much more difficult to repeal the law than it was to get it passed which in terms of politics the law passed pretty easily.

The people who want to focus on Obama, need to think for a moment, the Republicans did not do their job in representing their party by not being effective enough to have not let the law pass in the first place that is who you should be arguing with, now they will come with that argument to try and get elected but again, they will quickly find doing so is not going to be possible now that it is law and it has more and more Americans officially signed up to something that as far as the government now sees it, is just as enforceable as paying taxes and again both sides are pro the law no matter how you have been fooled to think otherwise.
edit on 5-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join