It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Mr. President The debate is not over.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

President Obama said yesterday:

The debate over repealing this law is over. The Affordable Care Act is here to stay. ... In the end, history is not kind to those who would deny Americans their basic economic security. Nobody remembers well those who stand in the way of America’s progress or our people. And that’s what the Affordable Care Act represents. As messy as it’s been sometimes, as contentious as it’s been sometimes, it is progress.

www.weeklystandard.com...

No, Mr. President. No way, Mr. President. We do not accept, we do not acquiesce in, this deplorable piece of legislation. The debate is not over. The debate will continue. It must continue. What is at stake is sound health care policy for America. But what is also at stake is reversing your attempt, Mr. President, to transform a free country committed to limited government into merely another nation burdened with the worst aspects of big-government nanny-statism..

Obama is definitely wrong about that.

The debate is far from over and given this little factoid:

President Obama has already signed 14 laws that amend, rescind or otherwise change parts of his health care law, and he’s taken five independent steps to delay the Affordable Care Act on his own, according to a new report from the Congressional Research Service, released Wednesday. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Other people has placed that that number as high as 30 or so.

For the record the ACA is not 'progress' it is a massive leap BACKWARDS. Since people were already covered under already existing government programs like medicare, and medicaid.

And the only thing the ACA has done is added more people to a system that already couldn't support itself.

In the end history will show the ACA to be what it truly is another cluster eff that will haunt this nation for decades in to the future.

Just like Roosevelt's social security.

Just like Johnson's medicare, and medicaid.

I weep for the future.

edit on 2-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When you succeed in control of the debates which shape society? You have effective control OF society.

Settled science....debates called over...it's showing in several ways. I don't think this gets better, regardless of who wins in '16 tho.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

" In the end, history is not kind to those who would deny Americans their basic economic security "

A Contradiction there . Americans Economic Security is Dependent on Earning a Living and having an Income along with not being Taxed to the Exstreme by a Out of Control Federal Goverment . For an Alledged " Constitutional Lawyer " , Obama knows Full and Well his Words are Nothing but More Lies from the Commander in Chief of our Great Free Democratic Republic .

+24 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh shut the hell up, Obama!

I am so sick and tired of hearing how "the debate is over".

You small, bitter, little man! Your tax is going to be repealed.

If not by the spineless congress, then by the American people.

Go play golf with Beyounce' and leave us the hell alone!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

beezzer

Did the same thing with 'global warming'

'The debate is over' !

They sure do love to recycle their rhetoric don't they ?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As an American, I will only recognize a president who follows, obeys, protects and defends the US Constitution.

Obama-who?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by neo96

" In the end, history is not kind to those who would deny Americans their basic economic security "

A Contradiction there . Americans Economic Security is Dependent on Earning a Living and having an Income along with not being Taxed to the Exstreme by a Out of Control Federal Goverment . For an Alledged " Constitutional Lawyer " , Obama knows Full and Well his Words are Nothing but More Lies from the Commander in Chief of our Great Free Democratic Republic .

I noticed that line too
I saw it as an out and out lie
the bankers that have been gaming the system
and robbing the american people blind are doing VERY WELL thankyou
history is treating them quite kindly indeed...all the way to the bank

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So True . Without Law , there would be utter Chaos in Any Civilized Society . Case in point , the Obama Misministration .

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The debate over repealing this law is over

I think he meant "his own willingness" to debate the topic is over... which is consistent behavior and likely true.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

OH, Good Lord My Friend, Be Prepared To Duck and Cover,,,, You've just opened yourself up!
You have called in the Furry of the Faithful, They'll be here Hunting Your Infidel Head Shortly.

The debate is Over Only Because, The Lord Master Has Decreed it to be Over

Hopefully, when the next 3 years are over with, we'll still have the Right the set down and take a well deserved Dump and Read about all this B. S. as Past Nightmares!

edit on Wed Apr 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that a mandate is debatable.
edit on 2-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

President Obama said yesterday:

The debate over repealing this law is over.

Actually Mr. Obama.Care, it's just *Starting*

Wait till your politically planned delays, extensions and waivers start expiring and get exposed !!!

Wait till your low hanging fruit that you grab so proudly starts rotting on the ground after you drop it.

Wait till the 30 million still uninsured start *really* getting angry at you.

Wait till the alleged magical "7 million" gets dis-proven.

Wait till people start feeling what "part time" is.

Wait till those part timers have to pay big insurance deductibles and go bankrupt.

Wait till people start calling your cellphone when they are in waiting rooms for hours or days on end.

Wait. Just Wait.

Your reputation will sink to bottom.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Completely correct.

He should have put "sensible" in front of "debate".

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread, but I feel it applies here too. It is far from over and the numbers will fall off if people experience what I did. ......

Yea, I was going to get coverage and then a few things came to pass that caused me to cancel. I paid the first bill. First, as a man I have pregnancy and birth control coverage I don't need. That is beside the point though. After I got the card and information in the mail, they do not cover pain management, weight loss programs, and something else I don't recall right now. Right now and for the last many years, my outlay for medical every year is $5K. That is my pain management doctor and my regular family physician that treats my high blood pressure, etc. Fortunately, I have a couple of good doctors and they give me great deals for cash.

So, the insurance would take the first payment by credit or debit card, however, you had to put in your banks routing number and account number for subsequent payments. I knew it was a bad idea to go on, but at the time I thought my doctors would be covered because they were listed in the network they showed online. The monthly cost was $367 with a $1,500 deductible. Not too bad considering I would meet my deductible rather quickly. The monthly cost with subsidy was $128. So, it was going to be good for me. I am single and children are grown and have their own children. However, after giving them my bank info, they wasted no time (10 days) in snaking out the full $367 out of my account. Yea, I get a tax credit to offset my taxes at the end of the year. I don't like having things deducted out of my account because I am a contractor and work on a 1099 basis. I don't get paid until the house is built and closed. So, although I make enough to make the payments, sometimes my account gets low do to late closures, etc. So, there are times I need to wait a few days to make my bills. Fortunately they are staggered through the month which also helps that work out.

Bottom line, I can't afford to pay my doctors and pay for the insurance at the same time that won't cover me. I thought everything was covered, including pre-existing conditions. So, I called the insurance company about them not covering my doc even though he was in their network for pain management. The guy told me they don't cover any pain management. I asked if any of their plans do and he said no. He told me if I went into my family physician and he gave me something for short term pain they would cover that, but not a pain management doctor. I asked why because he was listed and was told that the in network providers were in there for policies that are still covered by large companies that have insurance programs for their employees. So, no way, even buying a more expensive policy (mine was Silver btw) could I get coverage for my pain management doctor. So much for that promise. Basically, I get coverage I will never use as a male, and not get coverage for problems I have to live with, pain management, a preexisting condition.

So, even the numbers that the government is claiming will probably be changing drastically as people realize the load of crap they have been sold. Most people I know are living paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to pay an additional payment, like a new car payment, and hope to get it back at the end of the year. I can't do it and then have to pay out of pocket for my meds and doctors, diagnostics, etc. It would be one thing if they covered the money that was going out for medical care (current spending for pain management, etc.) and you had to pay some additional to have a better situation with insurance in case you get sick or have an accident not covered by other insurance. I believe that in a few months, once the things are shaken out, the numbers will be much worse than the government is claiming now. Anyway, that was my surprise experience after trying to do the right thing and get insurance.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Thank you for sharing this. I had not heard about the pain management issues. That's an outright show stopper. Bang.

I personally know 3 people in my life, including my wife, who endure a high level of nerve pain that is diagnosed as something that will never improve. Only degenerate. No pain management? That's a HUGE thing. It's funny what isn't mentioned. Why aren't the "opposing" media mentioning this little nugget? So many are similar to my wife, by what I read these days, that would strike me as a major outrage point in the public as a whole.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

irst, as a man I have pregnancy and birth control coverage I don't need. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why does that not surprise me ?

The reason he has to pay for it is because he subsidizing someone else.

Typical.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
the idea was for the government to pay for healthcare. they made a website that charges you an arm and a leg and coverage that is lacking. wth

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

neo96

beezzer

Did the same thing with 'global warming'

'The debate is over' !

They sure do love to recycle their rhetoric don't they ?

These guys (by the way multiple bumps Neo
) have to recycle their rhetoric because the progressive/communist planks aren't any more subject to modification than our Constitution. That's why one or the other have to go as it seems to them.
Seeing what the ten planks of the Manifesto have done to other countries-- and what is almost all done doing here, my choice is to keep the debate going for sanity's sake.
The debate's over when the sod gets hosed over my box.grumpy yankee
And look what that card carrying communist FDR did-- we're Entitlement World now.
edit on 3-4-2014 by derfreebie because: smiley strange??

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
He's slipping, he forgot to call me a racist for not liking his plan.

Isn't rewriting laws he has no authority to do grounds for impeachment? (technically)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join