It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard discovers three of its library books are bound in human flesh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

StormyStars you should write a book! What a rich history, so many stories I bet!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, elites often have their families pay for their degrees at these institutes. And they're ritual satanic murderers, "hills of eyes" stuff, the movie. So, makes sense they'd have a few special books.

What doesnt make sense is with so much wrong, people don't wake up enough to stop it. I'd rather see gangs of angry people searching all private estates in large numbers, and looking for their secret lairs, than apathy. People need to connect dots about what is going on, its pervasive in every aspect of our communities, yet taboo. I'm all for stopping it myself, period!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Lets see, they are often inbred tick, they are predatory and regard the people as less than themselves so ethically cannabalistic so tick, yeah hill's have eyes stuff indeed.
Secret initiation for the wealthiest kid's into cult's which definitely have mock sacrifice (Skull's etc), Satanists yeah add a tick there though in more obvious point some of them could be called satan rather then work for him, anyway remember this little analogy. SH@T floats but gold sinks so is it any wonder they float at the financiel top of society's barrel.

edit on 3-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

StormyStars
reply to post by raedar

Mostly, I just wanted to share. But I'm curious if anyone has heard of this and if it was a common practice. Ugh!

Thank you for the share. S&F
1. Yes, I've heard of those & others.
2. Some from WW11 Nazi Germany Reichs with tattoo's still on the skin, especially decorative used for lamp shades.
3. Some apparently from alleged Satanic Cults World wide, though mostly England.
4. I DO know of one old small Roman Catholic Church torn down from when I attended as a child, for a new huge one, that the Altar had human skin embedded & shellacked into it's marble, being told by Nun's it was the skin of Christ, a Priest said it was skin from those who'd historically sacrificed their lives for the Roman Catholic Church, ( I now take it, he meant Knight's Templars for how very old he claimed them to be ), who had come to Canada early post WW11, quit and went back to marry a woman. A Bishop claimed it to be that of the eldest, greatest known Popes, while a Brother, ( One interning for Priesthood ), claimed that a long time ago, the Roman Catholic Church had found what they thought as true Satanic activities between Sunday masses, with upside down crosses & other Satanic symbols on the pews and the Altar so that one will probably remain a mystery & I've never been inside the new one to know if the same Altar is still being used, despite being asked & doing major fund raising for the new R.C. building.
5. And then there are others once thought to be human skin but were pig, sheep & bear skin.
6. Some are still apparently of unknown skin type origin and date for whatever excuses they haven't been able to carbon date or get DNA from.
7. Sadly, people, intelligent as we may seem or are, can be crazy, nuts, psychopathic, psychotic, sadistic, etc.
8. It's always been & will probably continue as long as there is an Earth filled with humans or worse.

Sometimes the Roman catholic church would seize items reputed to be sacred to other religions and if they could not be destroyed it would try to sanctify them and so lock the evil away as a kind of exorcism, the inquisition may have a very bad name to our way of thinking but they seized thousands if not millions of such item's,.
Another way was to cleanse a site by building a church over it and in england there was a great many churches which were built on former heathen sites (pagan litterally meant country dweller in latin and is not a religion but heathen more accurately sums them up), Glastonbury tor is one such site as is the village of avebury and it's ancient church.

There was a tale I can not properly remember which supposedly happened in the 1700's, two young boys out exploring an old cairn ( a bronze age or neo lithic buriel mound in this case ) when one of them discovered the spiral marked wall moved when he pushed it and opened into a passage, when they came back to explore it he took a candle and played a flute loudly which his friend was supposed to be able to hear above ground (well it is a folk tale), his friend followed the sound of the flute for a few miles to a church in the village which was built on a stone circle and incorporates some of it's stones in it's foundations, there the sound stopped, the boy was never seen again and despite a search of the ancient tomb no tunnel was ever found. ( I supposed this was a fore runner of the urban legend but who know's and what if).

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
i agree with unity_99

lets do some investigation on anything 'sacred' that is made of skins!
who knows maybe one of those skins could be jesus' skins!
what a clever way to hide evidence from the public by hiding them in the public!

(trivia note: now im wondering if this phone case that i m touching right now is made from human's skins)

peace

edit on 4-4-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2014 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Damn it. I knew I should have kept my foreskin for something.

Maybe an encyclopedia

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
But seriously. I am a mortician. Human skin is not easy to work with.

I think you will find most attempts at this kind of thing would have failed. Or simply disintegrated over time.

I would not be surprised to find quite a few very old books may have been rebound. And may have old shin underneath.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Awe! Thank you raedar.
I have written books lol! Unfortunately, most all are written from research and cross section studies in which I'm always given an assistant and camera man.
Some do touch base on this particular topic,
I say unfortunately as they are mostly in Universities and used for medical, sociology, & psychology students.
Most of those have study guides, references and workbooks.
A few are old enough that I've had to make second editions, not much of those were changed really, just updated based on new studies, information, new or & more sources.
One has been edited by me 3 times.

Universities sometimes share copies with Colleges.
They do not pay well, most is almost like charity loll, but that is perfectly fine if it helps said students be more knowledgeable in their chosen fields and better at their jobs for the public they serve or will be serving.

I have a few bibliographical, non-fiction, and a few fictitious books but unless they hit a # 1 best seller's list or movies, again, they are not to really be relied on to be a main paying job lol!

I've done a children's series, based on real events and have my own art work in them as when my children were very young, like myself with my late Dad, they didn't like the typical children's bedtime stories, they like myself, wanted real events told to them with illustrations. So one page would have the true stories and the pages beside them had illustrations. The original small books were not pretty, ready for sale looking lol! But unlike my late Dad and both sets of Grand-Parents, I had to change the names of people, places and towns. My late Dad's and late Grand-Parents didn't have to do that as most of their stories came from, " The Old Country."

On Tuesday April 1st, I did make an announcement somewhere here on ATS that I've retired from 31+ years of active hands on medical service and about 40 years in medical research to pursue my Arts though I didn't specify those Arts which I suppose I should;

I have been writing, painting, drawing, etc for years.
Both sides of my family were all Artists from musician, singers, sculptures,etc.
When in high school, I could make up my mind for a major, the Arts or academics, ( All Arts, Acting, singing, a few instruments, fine art such as oil painting, sculpture, etc, commercial art such as Photography, Film, Design, Cartooning, Architecture, University English, Marketing, Production, etc). Academics,( All University Entrance for medical, sciences, etc).
So I did both lol!
University, I took both Medical & Psychiatry, and Civil Engineering.
I've also been always involved in Environmental & a total History buff.
While in University I began writing.
I started by 1st being published in the Poetry Guild.
Since then, I began writing lyrics & music in all genres for famous people & Bands.
Then Ghost writing for famous Authors, into co authoring.
And writing my own works as well as putting on Art shows with my late parents.
I sang and played Electric guitar for 1 famous Band.
I got diagnosed with thyroid cancer and the singing was over.
I wrote my series of short children's & young teens books.
After losing my parents, I decided life is too fragile & short to not switch over from medical which I loved to the Arts which I also love.
I will be writing and illustrating for myself now.
Maybe I'll hit a # 1 or even a movie.
Only time will tell, so thank you for such encouraging words, they help me believe I can also succeed in this career as I did in my Medical career which is quite a variety of subjects.......

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by raedar

I appreciate your input and will keep an eye on your threads. Very interested in what you expressed based upon personal experience.

Ditto raedar. You DO raise some interesting topics .....

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

crazyewok
Happened as recently as NAZI germany.

There have been a few cases of lapshads and other house hold items bring found to have been made out of human skin.

No.

Actually this has been proven to be a story dating prior to WWI. Even Simon Wiesenthal dismissed this as a myth in relation to Nazi Germany.

"In The Lampshade: A Holocaust Detective Story from Buchenwald to New Orleans (2010), New York magazine contributing editor Mark Jacobson tells of a lampshade discovered in the wreckage of post-Katrina New Orleans that testing showed to be made of human skin. (Here's an excerpt.) According to a Publishers Weekly review quoted on Amazon, "evidence linking it to famous allegations that Nazis made lampshades from concentration camp victims is scanty, and Holocaust museum curators dismiss such claims."

www.nytimes.com...

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What doesnt make sense is with so much wrong, people don't wake up enough to stop it. I'd rather see gangs of angry people searching all private estates in large numbers, and looking for their secret lairs, than apathy. People need to connect dots about what is going on, its pervasive in every aspect of our communities, yet taboo. I'm all for stopping it myself, period!!!!

I don't think it is so much that people are not waking up or not connecting the dots as it is so much a larger part of historical events that has been so carefully hidden for so very long by people who would never be suspected of such atrocities, that many still find it difficult to believe what they've seeing and hearing, they want to keep pretending it isn't real especially if it is someone they love, know well or even respected as upstanding citizens, they go into denial so they can cope and the sicko's know that for those reasons, they'll in all likelihood never be caught.
But I agree, " I'm all for stopping it myself, period!!!! "

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Lets see, they are often inbred tick, they are predatory and regard the people as less than themselves so ethically cannabalistic

Sometimes the Roman catholic church would seize items reputed to be sacred to other religions and if they could not be destroyed it would try to sanctify them and so lock the evil away as a kind of exorcism, the inquisition may have a very bad name to our way of thinking but they seized thousands if not millions of such item's,.

Actually, it is due more with sly, conniving, manipulative, well educated , people/kids, learned behaviors, testing & pushing at limits & prodding how far they can go, who are from non rich, usually middle income, non inbred, seemingly normal families, than rich inbred families.

SH@T floats but gold sinks so is it any wonder they float at the financiel top of society's barrel.

While that appears true, it does biodegrade, sinking to the bottom, causing the gold to rise in river beds, the sh1t becomes fertilizer and over time, oil, while gold is not replenishable, the sh1t forever keeps building up to a point it becomes more valuable than the gold yet petrified sh1t can be polished, made into nice looking jewelry & even dish wear but are still sh1t

It was usually to hide the evil things that went on amongst the Roman Catholic's own doings.

Another way was to cleanse a site by building a church over it and in england there was a great many churches which were built on former heathen sites (pagan litterally meant country dweller in latin and is not a religion but heathen more accurately sums them up), Glastonbury tor is one such site as is the village of avebury and it's ancient church.

That wasn't done for cleansing, it was done to cover up Pagan Churches in such places such as Ireland, where Celtic Gods were worshiped and whom the Roman Catholics renamed such Gods as their one Savior of the people, " Cerean/Caspian of the sea," into St. Michaels Roman Catholic Church.

There was a tale I can not properly remember which supposedly happened in the 1700's, two young boys out exploring an old cairn ( a bronze age or neo lithic buriel mound in this case ) when one of them discovered the spiral marked wall moved when he pushed it and opened into a passage, when they came back to explore it he took a candle and played a flute loudly which his friend was supposed to be able to hear above ground (well it is a folk tale), his friend followed the sound of the flute for a few miles to a church in the village which was built on a stone circle and incorporates some of it's stones in it's foundations, there the sound stopped, the boy was never seen again and despite a search of the ancient tomb no tunnel was ever found. ( I supposed this was a fore runner of the urban legend but who know's and what if).

Text

A myth stemming from the Roman Catholics to perpetuate fear in children so they would be too afraid to be part of Pagan culture/religions, which were not evil but rather the 1st of Environmentalists, herbal healers, etc.

Your statements are true in the extent that the Roman Catholics perpetuated those beliefs to enforce the change over to a new belief system. Their.

You'll have to forgive my biased but true facts lol!1 I've no fondness of the Roman Catholics hand picked from rich inbred, crazy Royalty/Elites.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

No.

Actually this has been proven to be a story dating prior to WWI. Even Simon Wiesenthal dismissed this as a myth in relation to Nazi Germany.

"In The Lampshade: A Holocaust Detective Story from Buchenwald to New Orleans (2010), New York magazine contributing editor Mark Jacobson tells of a lampshade discovered in the wreckage of post-Katrina New Orleans that testing showed to be made of human skin. (Here's an excerpt.) According to a Publishers Weekly review quoted on Amazon, "evidence linking it to famous allegations that Nazis made lampshades from concentration camp victims is scanty, and Holocaust museum curators dismiss such claims."

www.nytimes.com...

www.straightdope.com...

Or is it another attempt to hide the truth from sensitive people's ick aversion reactions for them to quickly latch on to a preferred belief of the masses....again?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by raedar

Apparently the book with the inscription isn't bound in Mr Wright's skin after all:

That Harvard Book Bound In Human Flesh Isn’t Actually Bound In Human Flesh

But unfortunately for the Internet, as the story started to regain traction officials from the school fleshed out the details of what really wraps at least some of the literature in their collection, and discovered it’s not human skin after all—it’s actually sheepskin. “Baaaaaad news for fans of anthropodermic bibliopegy (binding books in human skin): Recent analyses of a book owned by the [Harvard Law School] Library, long believed but never proven to have been bound in human skin, have conclusively established that the book was bound in sheepskin,” according to a post on the Harvard Library Law School’s blog, dated April 3.

To sum it up for people who won't bother reading the above, it's sheepskin, not human skin. Which makes the inscription, IMO, little more than a dark joke unless the binding was replaced at some point. If it was a joke, I can see doing it would produce a private smirk. If I knew it would freak people out, despite being utterly false, I'd fool people with an inscription like that, too

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Maybe..

But if you are Harvard, knowing internet rumors run wild and that there is a huge backlash agaist elites...isn't it easier to just say - "Our bad, it's really just sheep skin...nothing to see here..."

Maybe Harvard would prefer if people stopped wondering what other books or curios they possess?

If it is a Spanish law book from 1600s, surely Harvard, of all places, could get hold of a better preserved copy than that - so what makes that one so important? Surely not sheepskin, which had to be fairly common.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dodol

i agree with unity_99
lets do some investigation on anything 'sacred' that is made of skins!
who knows maybe one of those skins could be jesus' skins!
what a clever way to hide evidence from the public by hiding them in the public!

(trivia note: now im wondering if this phone case that i m touching right now is made from human's skins)

peace

lol! Maybe it came off sounding like I disagreed with Unity_99.
I wasn't.
I was in a round about way, playing,' devil's advocate. '
On why all of this does indeed require many more further investigation for despite people's ick factor, it is very much a long history and it seems fishy that a woman who actually admitted to not just collecting but also making such items, that sudden further studies state most are animal skins despite very human tattooed skins, one who know cadavers, would definitely know if they were on the skins prior to or after their deaths.
So yeah, more investigation lol!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

StormyStars
reply to post by LABTECH767

Lets see, they are often inbred tick, they are predatory and regard the people as less than themselves so ethically cannabalistic

Actually, it is due more with sly, conniving, manipulative, well educated , people/kids, learned behaviors, testing & pushing at limits & prodding how far they can go, who are from non rich, usually middle income, non inbred, seemingly normal families, than rich inbred families.

SH@T floats but gold sinks so is it any wonder they float at the financiel top of society's barrel.

While that appears true, it does biodegrade, sinking to the bottom, causing the gold to rise in river beds, the sh1t becomes fertilizer and over time, oil, while gold is not replenishable, the sh1t forever keeps building up to a point it becomes more valuable than the gold yet petrified sh1t can be polished, made into nice looking jewelry & even dish wear but are still sh1t

It was usually to hide the evil things that went on amongst the Roman Catholic's own doings.

That wasn't done for cleansing, it was done to cover up Pagan Churches in such places such as Ireland, where Celtic Gods were worshiped and whom the Roman Catholics renamed such Gods as their one Savior of the people, " Cerean/Caspian of the sea," into St. Michaels Roman Catholic Church.

Text

A myth stemming from the Roman Catholics to perpetuate fear in children so they would be too afraid to be part of Pagan culture/religions, which were not evil but rather the 1st of Environmentalists, herbal healers, etc.

Your statements are true in the extent that the Roman Catholics perpetuated those beliefs to enforce the change over to a new belief system. Their.

You'll have to forgive my biased but true facts lol!1 I've no fondness of the Roman Catholics hand picked from rich inbred, crazy Royalty/Elites.

Your opinions are very strong and I can admire them for that even if I somewhat disagree, there are many points I could make but that tale originated in protestant/anglican england and not catholic england.
There are a lot of devils whom hide in plain sight such as in the clergy of all the churches and not the catholic alone, some Heathen (Pagan is not a religion or rather it simply means country dweller so was used as slang for unsophisticated simpletons by the roman and later applied to non christians but Heathen is more accurate as are far more accurate terms such as nature spirit worship, idolators and animists) religions truly make the worst the church has done pale and that is saying something.
The wickens name themselves after the wicker man which was once used stuffed with animals, prisoners and virgins to offer a sacrifice by fire, where was there power for they had non to save themselves from the Heathen Roman army's, Indeed the Druids and not there irish apostles or there french apostles but there version of the vatican which was the island of anglesey where powerless except to stir up the anger of the local tribes, the brigantes and bricenea (Brichinay), and indeed the romans wrote accounts of how the druids ran in terror as they crossed the menai straits and fell over there long white gowns.
The Druids (Wickens) also had nothing to do whatever with stone henge which predated there religion by over a thousand years and may have at one time been linked by a funerery path to another henge made of large tree trunk's named by archaeologists as wood henge, it was believed the once the dead passed over there body was probably carried in a procession from the perishable wood henge to the spiritual immortal stone henge.
The true configuration of stone henge is also a mystery as most people whom have made books and theory's on it forget it was rebuild in the 1700's and may have originally been somewhat different, as the stones were fallen and scattered it is also worth noting that a cathedral in england which was built hundreds of years before the stone were re raised may have inspired the layout that was chosen in it's rebuilding as the columns at the base of the tower match the positioning of the stone's.
One thing I know is that though we all have our own beliefs GOD is real and though I am going to step on a few toes here there is a mother spirit whom is also with him though many may interpret that to mean a number of things I believe you know what I am saying.

edit on 5-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

(Reuters) - A 17th century book owned by Harvard Law School, thought to have been bound in human skin because of an inscription that referred to a man "flayed alive," has been shown through scientific testing to have been bound in sheepskin.

Harvard has two other books thought to be bound in human skin

MM

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

It may have been rebound at a later date as the idea of handing a human skin book is unpalatable to most people myself included, Still it does leave open the possability that the inscription may have been in reference to the original binding.

Here is some data about the nazi use of human skin which is more recent.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.whale.to...
"http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/the-lampshade-that-drives-its-owners-mad-strange-truth-behind-20th-centurys-most-disturbing-object-211 7357.html" (if you use chrome heighlight the entire sentence other than the speech marks and select go to.
furtherglory.wordpress.com...

edit on 5-4-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join