It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Judy is a psychopath and a bad influence on society.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Excellent rant OP and discussion.

Now what's that phrase I'm thinking of? Oh ya,... Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The entire run of reality court television is nothing but a blight on the justice system. I have always felt that for starters it's cashing in on the less fortunate's problems; but much more, it was also scaring the less fortunate away from using the real system. The ones that was specifically designed to ensure that they have justice too.

These type shows propagate an overtone that diminishes the purpose of the justice system.

Just because someone hasn't had a socially acceptable life, just because their appearance isn't socially flattering, just because they don't speak a version of socially accepted "proper" grammar, doesn't mean that person isn't deserving of a respectful demeanor or justice. When less fortunate people see and hear of treatment like this (that in most cases is applauded) in these real judging shows, they tend to become fearful about raising issues in a real court of law.

edit on 3-4-2014 by OatDelphi because: spelling/grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

UNIT76
reply to post by lotusfoot

pay attention to the symbolism used on the show itself

where exactly does that pic show up? i dont recall ever seeing that on that show?

i hate the show to but my mother leaves it on all the time, whenever i visit it drives me mad,

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I can tell you one thing my dad is obsessed with Judge Judy.
He's 88 years old in very good health and has all his
faculties and he runs through his house to watch Judge Judy it's on 3 different channels at different times through
out the day "oh joy" he will sit and laugh and laugh just watching him brings a smile to my face when visiting him.

It's a show to entertain people she wouldn't be on all these years if she wasn't so sarcastic and nasty.
At least I know where my dad will be 4 times a day drinking coffee and eating cookies and laughing so
my thumbs up to her ....

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

VoidHawk

incoserv
if you mix a quart of fresh spring water in a barrel of toxic sludge, you still have toxic sludge.

Thats a very good way of putting it

Been many many years since I had a tv, and its awful sometimes when having a conversation, because even though its a person stood in front of me, I know its the tv I'm talking to.

There is one in my house because my wife and daughter think that without it, life would not go on. It absolutely pisses me off.

It's like every evening, a horde of jerks, miscreants, perverts and morons invade my home, and I have no authority to do anything about it. Honestly, if those people physically came into my kitchen or living room and did and said the things they do on that stupid box, I'd be calling the police and pulling out firearms. Even my wife wouldn't put up with it, if they were physical human beings. But because it's on the box, somehow it's all acceptable.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

OatDelphi
... The entire run of reality court television is nothing but a blight on the justice system.

I disagree. I believe that it's not so much a blight on the system as a symptom of an already blighted system.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Kali74
Ugh! Why watch any of those shows? The court shows, the daytime talk shows... they all do nothing more than parade around the notion that people are just trash. You are not the father! Jerry, Jerry, Jerry! It's disgusting! More than 90% of all if it isn't even real, the guests are actors, the audiences are actors. I'm sure it's more than half the reason conservatives think the way they do about their fellow Americans.

Absolutely agree, and a key thing you said was "do nothing more than parade around the notion that people are just trash." This is what has always bothered me about (not)Reality Shows; they exploit and glamorize the worst traits of people. Also, there's a trend of Hollywood putting bullies on a pedestal (it goes something like this: "Can you yell at, insult, and humiliate people without a conscience? Great, you're hired!"), and Judge Judy is a perfect example of that. Also agree that it's not real. She's not a psychopath, she's an ENTERTAINER. Her job isn't to make a fair ruling, it's to keep people glued to their tv screens.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

I swear I do not mean this as a slight...can't you go to another room while they watch JJ and those shows? Can you throw on some headphones and music?

Like I said this isn't to insult, I just feel like you have a way out

But you are right...it's a terrible show but then it was meant to be. As another poster said, who'd continue to watch if she acted like she was on a county commission and acted perfectly and 100% professional? And don't get me wrong I am not defending her and the other judges' attitudes...frankly every judge show I've ever seen is absolutely horrible...but that's the point...so-called reality tv (which is super scripted) and shows of this ilk are meant to be dramatic and polarizing...it's entertainment...I mean it's total crap but they get ratings for those reasons

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I would say that Jeremy Kyle is likely a psychopath aswel. The absolute glee in his eyes as he watches people squirm, the snide looks of utter contempt, the backtracking, the smug face that you want to stab a thousand times with a fork.

Now I have medieval tortures going around in my head. I'm going back to the happy threads.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Nucleardoom

I can't stomach that woman... Why is this soulless monster still on TV? ...Judy is just a piece of human trash.

gunshooter

She is an inhuman horrible thing, disgusting in every way... She is complete filth, and t.v. trash.

Judge Judy, it's true, is a grotesque abomination of a judge, yet she is still infinitely better than what you will find as judges in real courts.

Real judges are the dregs of the legal profession, and I use the term "profession" very loosely. It galls me that you have to rise to honor them. I galls me that you have to hold your distain for them EVEN WHEN THEY ACTIVELY PROVOKE YOU TO BE IN CONTEMPT.

Real judges are stupid, incompetent, and twisted and perverse in their corruption, and the same can be said of other court personnel and the governmental commissions that supposedly are there to maintain judicial standards.

In recent years, I have had five courtroom go-arounds, and to say that the experiences where horrifyingly appalling would be to soft-pedal things. "Corruption" is way too nice a word to use.

Actually you can find fault with all the simulated "courtroom" TV programs inasmuch as they give the viewing audience the very false impression that it is possible to seek justice in real courts.

P.M
edit on 8-4-2014 by theworldisnotenough because: Added quotes to which to respond.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join