It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Seal Claims Top Brass Asked if They Will Disarm Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I wanted to post this for discussion. I chose the gray area, because of the source. I'm not sure about the source but who doesn't have an agenda these days in the media? I like to play the trends to see what's coming down the pipeline and looking at all the things going on around us, I believe that disarmament of the American citizens is indeed a major goal of TPTB. Between the use of all these strange shooting tragedies to enact new gun restriction laws and the purge of military brass for various reasons, is it that hard to believe in today's total surveillance state, that this is not truth?

Anyway, what say you ATS? Discuss, keep it civil, and don't "shoot" the messenger!

Former Navy SEAL Ben Smith warns that the Obama administration is asking top brass in the military if they would be comfortable with disarming U.S. citizens, a litmus test that includes gauging whether they would be prepared to order troops to fire on Americans.

Smith provoked headlines last week when he appeared on Fox News to assert that the federal government was trying to provoke veterans into violence as an excuse to implement martial law.

Source w Video

edit on 2-4-2014 by Redwookieaz because: ff

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I don't think many active duty members of the military would open fire on American civilians. There are a few who would follow orders without question but no matter what you believe most soldiers aren't mindless robots.

There are good and bad people in every aspect of society.

To think the U.S. military would turn on the American public without cause is ridiculous. It's one of the silliest conspiracies of all conspiracies. In the past there were and in the future there may be presidents who garner the respect and dedication of the military. President Obama is not that man.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

minusinfinity
I don't think many active duty members of the military would open fire on American civilians. There are a few who would follow orders without question but no matter what you believe most soldiers aren't mindless robots.

To think the U.S. military would turn on the American public without cause is ridiculous. It's one of the silliest conspiracies of all conspiracies. In the past there were and in the future there may be presidents who garner the respect and dedication of the military. President Obama is not that man.

No it is not ridiculous! Did you or did you NOT say "some would"? Obama as much as he is hated is not doing nothing more than if Romney would have been elected! The country is broke, those in power are scared and they will not give it up! This issue is not about Democrats OR Republicans but about ALL of our elected officials whom are deer in headlights at the moment because they realize the gig is up!

Obama is nothing more that a dumb ass that was stupid enough to take the position!!!! Hillary knew the agenda and was smart enough to do what she was told when her and Obama went to the Bilderberg meeting on that night the press got all jacked that they were played!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

I agree but what about a scenario where the government goes to the illegals and says if you join our cause and help us disarm the citizens we will fed, cloth, and make you and your family legal citizens?
Not saying this will happen but there is always a way.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Why would they ask the Navy Seals, I´m sure there are less elite forces to leave the hurding of civilians to.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
some claim they'll utilize foreign (UN) troops for all this
unsubstantiated but probable, like you were saying in your OP

that previous comment made me think of this music video
(who's gonna run this town tonight?) www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: i wish this didn't make sense...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i don't think most soldiers would want to get into conflict with ordinary citizens.

but, guess what? if they were given an order to dis-arm to general public or a particular city and those citizens refused to give up their weapons willingly or even went so far as to open fire in refusal, what do you think those soldiers are going to do?

they will open fire in return, "do their duty", "act in self-defense", "follow orders" and "do what they have to do".

this is truly one of the last things i would want to ever see in my life. but, with all the # that's been going on lately about registration and new firearm restrictions after the media publicizes the # out of some engineered tragedy. this seems like the next step.

just makes me think of my home state ny. there are reasons people can't buy firearms here that use magazines/clips anymore. because it makes it easier to take peoples weapons away when all they have are bolt action hunting rifles.....

and for the folks who have weapons that were grandfathered in, guess what, they have to register each firearm with the government so they know who has what, exactly where to go, and exactly where to expect some more serious resistance...they'll be the first targets on the list
edit on 2-4-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

CallmeRaskolnikov
i don't think most soldiers would want to get into conflict with ordinary citizens.

but, guess what? if they were given an order to dis-arm to general public or a particular city and those citizens refused to give up their weapons willingly or even went so far as to open fire in refusal, what do you think those soldiers are going to do?

they will open fire in return, "do their duty", "act in self-defense", "follow orders" and "do what they have to do".

this is truly one of the last things i would want to ever see in my life. but, with all the # that's been going on lately about registration and new firearm restrictions after the media publicizes the # out of some engineered tragedy. this seems like the next step.

just makes me think of my home state ny. there are reasons people can't buy firearms here that use magazines/clips anymore. because it makes it easier to take peoples weapons away when all they have are bolt action hunting rifles.....

and for the folks who have weapons that were grandfathered in, guess what, they have to register each firearm with the government so they know who has what, exactly where to go, and exactly where to expect some more serious resistance...they'll be the first targets on the list

You are correct! Look no farther than what happened in New Orleans with the hurricane!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

minusinfinity

The police do it every day. They act like mindless robots and turn on innocent civilians. The military will probably do whatever they are told because what the military think they are fighting for and what they are actually fighting for are very different things.

How many unjust wars have they been in over the last 15 years? That should give you an idea of just how much any individual in the military knows about doing the right thing. They are tricked and conned into believing they are doing good things for the benefit of the people or national security. When in fact they are a victim of politics just like the rest of us.

Sad but true
edit on 2-4-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

minusinfinity
I don't think many active duty members of the military would open fire on American civilians.

It depends on what emotional baggage they bring with them when they enlist.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

TheLieWeLive

reply to post by minusinfinity

I agree but what about a scenario where the government goes to the illegals and says if you join our cause and help us disarm the citizens we will fed, cloth, and make you and your family legal citizens?
Not saying this will happen but there is always a way.

I remembered reading on this site before...quite an education to say the least...

Hidden Immigration Benefits for Military Personnel

Excerpt from Bar Association Link.

Under the wartime statute, Immigration and Nationality Act, Section 329, any non-citizen who serves honorably during specified periods of conflict may naturalize as a U.S. citizen, even if he or she does not yet have a green card. This law allows enlistees to naturalize almost immediately upon joining the military if they serve during a specified period of conflict. The post-9/11 period of conflict allows for these expedited naturalizations as a result of an executive order issued by President George W. Bush; since 2009, the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps have therefore facilitated the naturalization of most recruits upon graduation from basic training (the Coast Guard, although it is one of the five branches of the armed services, does not yet have boot camp naturalizations). To be eligible for expedited wartime naturalization, an enlistee must be serving on active duty or in the Selected Reserve (including the National Guard of the United States). Since 9/11, more than 85,000 non-citizens have naturalized through service in the military under this law and its corresponding executive order

Immigration Benefits for Family Members

The National Defense Authorization Act of 2004 created special immigration benefits for certain “immediate family members”—spouses, parents, and unmarried children—of deceased military members. Under this law, these family members may continue to process for immigration to the United States despite the death of their loved one. They may also naturalize in an expedited fashion. These benefits only apply, however, if the military sponsor is killed in combat or dies of a combat-related injury. Family members must file a form with USCIS within two years from the date of death in order to claim these benefits.
www.americanbar.org...

A law that was made in haste..IMOHO...

Des

edit on 2-4-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
one thing's for certain... despite and no matter if standing military members take to firing on civilians...

they'll find some who will..

agree with the post a few above.

they could readily conscript illegals or those seeking citizenship, be they hispanics, middle eastern or otherwise.

they did in, i think, BOTH desert storm operations.

take in otherwise illegals, only to make themselves, their wives, family and children US citizens upon signing.

guaranteed pay and health benefits can be quite alluring to those in/from lesser nations.

???

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
New year same stupid story. I remember when it was Bush Sr. asking, then it was Clinton, then Bush Jr. now Obama. And whomever is President next will also have same stupid story following them. People and their guns are no threat to those in power. An untrained mob with a hodge podge of weapons is nothing more than a target rich enviroment. If some great martial law/revolution were to happen an outside power would have to provide weapons to rearm Americans anyway because you can not keep a force with all kinds of different weapons supplied.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about this. The majority of military, if those I know in real life are any indication, will walk before they do this...if TPTB are lucky. If not, they won't walk, but turn guns inward toward their own commands.

After all, this isn't Sparta. They weren't groomed from young childhood to be warriors. They were high school kids and likely the Captain America, Alpha personality types in this all volunteer military. Exactly the kinds LEAST likely to follow evil orders because they are orders. Those who do follow, if it ever came, would be so badly outnumbered within their own Services, in my opinion, the fight would be short and absolute for generations to come. I'd ALMOST like to see it come, for that definitive outcome.

In the end tho? Figures estimate every cop and every solider in the United States, taken together and combined, could field about 3.8 million firearms. Notice..I don't include men to hold them. Neither category has the men to match the hardware sitting in lockers and armories.

Gun Policy

It's that first "Gun Numbers" area....and the math alone makes it a tempest in a teapot. Everyone's heard of General Armstrong Custer? Well, they wouldn't relive the experience on just numbers, but a full repeat of the pure hubris that brought the man to his very final end point amid the grasslands of modern Montana.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

IMO if a gun grab were to occur, it would preluded by a Large Scale War.

With all the troops and gear overseas, tptb just upped their odds of pulling it off. What's left is DHS and LEOs, all of whom will encounter less resistance.

There will be those that do stand up to the Tyranny, but those will be isolated moments downplayed by all MSMs.

And unfortunately, there will be quite a few people who talked out their ass stating they would go down fighting, only to surrender their arms without resistance.

The G.I. Generation is nothing more than a memory, and that's the sh!t part of it all - we don't have the Social Capital we once did. A fair generalization is that we've lost our way...we may be able to find our way back, but it's going to take a Paradigm Shift of huge proportions.

Time is not on our side...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

MrSpad
New year same stupid story. I remember when it was Bush Sr. asking, then it was Clinton, then Bush Jr. now Obama. And whomever is President next will also have same stupid story following them. People and their guns are no threat to those in power. An untrained mob with a hodge podge of weapons is nothing more than a target rich enviroment. If some great martial law/revolution were to happen an outside power would have to provide weapons to rearm Americans anyway because you can not keep a force with all kinds of different weapons supplied.

Did they or did they not confiscate weapons during Katrina?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

seeker1963

MrSpad

Did they or did they not confiscate weapons during Katrina?

they most certainly did. i mean it wasn't everyone. but they did confiscate weapons. and that is not the only historical precedent for this. it has happened elsewhere as well. granted i know it sounds paranoid and this has been talked about for a long time. "oh noes they'z grabbing all duh gunz!" i'm just not willing to say, "this cant happen here in america" or "this won't happen here". i'd rather be on my toes and consider it a possibility than say it cant/wont happen because who really knows what the future may hold. hopefully things dont get that extreme. i certainly dont want them to.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
If the military really want to uphold their pledge to protect the constitution they should be storming federal gov buildings en mass and shutting down the whole operation. All federal entities and offices locked up. All federal employees jailed on principle. Otherwise, they're just another part of the problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Urantia1111
If the military really want to uphold their pledge to protect the constitution they should be storming federal gov buildings en mass and shutting down the whole operation. All federal entities and offices locked up. All federal employees jailed on principle. Otherwise, they're just another part of the problem.

Did you ever serve?

If you did, you would realize it isn't that simple!

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

i liked what you said, mostly, rational an' all that..
"same accusation made of all those former presidencies"
however, this caught my eye

...groomed from young childhood to be warriors...

i think this current generation certainly qualifies for that

..i don't want to think too much about all those bullets that were ordered
(was that last year or the year before? ..they say people tend to plan ahead)

if all this is supposed to end some other way, i'd like to hear it?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join