It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite budget crunch, Obama asks for additional aid to Israel, Congress triples it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This was reported back in December but I don't see any ATS thread about it..(link to topic if i missed it)

www.liveleak.com...

edit on Wed Apr 2 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs,a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I detest one line posts....can you flesh out the article for us a bit? Maybe offer some opinions....something?

Thx.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Basically we are giving 3.1 billion dollars to Israel in 2014. Obama wants to add another 96 million, but got approved to add 284 million.

But I don't understand the flaming on this issue - and it is mostly spawned from being ill informed.

Per every billion dollars we give to Israel, around 60,000 to 70,000 jobs are created in the United states - this is because the majority of aid we give to Israel doesn't say in Israel, but goes to American Contractors.....

People really need to do their homework before they just complain about every little thing they read....

Israel is the only strategic and sustainable region in the middle east that we can rely in. Without them we would be at a bad disadvantage if an event were to arise in the middle east that needed taken care of.

Use your minds people.

Ignorance spawns ignorant minds.
edit on 2-4-2014 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

But your funding a state that has illegal WMD's

To me supporting Israel blindly is 100% against what the USA was set up for.

You could of invested that money in Europe or the UK or Canada? You know A country with similar values and goals.

Or better yet.....INVEST IT AT HOME ON AMERICAN BUSINESSES!
edit on 2-4-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

These scum bags are making unemployed and veterans wait for money that might not even come but find it alright to send billions to other scum bags..........ENOUGH.

They had better pass the unemployment extension or 2 million people are going to lose everything.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

But your funding a state that has illegal WMD's To me supporting Israel blindly is 100% against what the USA was set up for. You could of invested that money in Europe or the UK or Canada? You know A country with similar values and goals. Or better yet.....INVEST IT AT HOME ON AMERICAN BUSINESSES!

Israel does have highly destructive weapons, yes. But if they didn’t have them they would have been wiped out already by the enemies that surround Israel.

Should they have these types of weapons? My answer is this: They haven’t used them, when they could have. This shows a great deal of maturity for their nation and restraint.

However there are many rulers in that region of the world that wants one, and has said exactly what they would do with it…. And holding it for defense is not what they want it for. They want it for offensive reasons.

The United States of America donates even more money than they donate to Israel to Europe already, and other nations.

I do agree with you 100% that the money could better be used to invest at home. But not on business, but given to our citizens and veterans.

The entire healthcare program could have been funded for every citizen with the amount of money they invest into other countries.

But they choose to make the citizens pay for the healthcare program - which is more costly than what people who were already insured had to pay. This bill only takes resources away from citizens, and hurts people who were already on insurance. The AHC Act only weakened the American people by robbing them of precious resources.

Get angry about that instead of getting angry that Israel got aid, which the majority of goes to Americans.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

MentorsRiddle
Basically we are giving 3.1 billion dollars to Israel in 2014. Obama wants to add another 96 million, but got approved to add 284 million.

But I don't understand the flaming on this issue - and it is mostly spawned from being ill informed.

Per every billion dollars we give to Israel, around 60,000 to 70,000 jobs are created in the United states - this is because the majority of aid we give to Israel doesn't say in Israel, but goes to American Contractors.....

People really need to do their homework before they just complain about every little thing they read....

Israel is the only strategic and sustainable region in the middle east that we can rely in. Without them we would be at a bad disadvantage if an event were to arise in the middle east that needed taken care of.

Use your minds people.

Ignorance spawns ignorant minds.

Nice to see somebody who understands foreign aid. People seem to think we just hand money out. What they do not seem get is that we give X country 10 million towards build X 50 million dollar project. X country then hires US companies to do the work. That is just the short term benefit. Take a country like South Korea who at one time was poor with no industry and infrastructure. US aid helped build South Korea into a modern econimic power house that the US makes huge amounts of money off in trade. The amount of aid compared to the amount of money made by the US is tiny.

The same with Israel. The aid is nothing compared to the profit. I just can not believe that people think countries hand out aid and are not getting back a huge return. Nobody does anything out of the kindness of their hearts.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Yep there sure are some 'uninformed' people.

The US gives foreign aid to over 150 countries.

And apparently the only one we 'shouldn't' give it to is Isreal.

Back to the agenda pushing.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Nice to see somebody who understands foreign aid. People seem to think we just hand money out. What they do not seem get is that we give X country 10 million towards build X 50 million dollar project. X country then hires US companies to do the work. That is just the short term benefit. Take a country like South Korea who at one time was poor with no industry and infrastructure. US aid helped build South Korea into a modern econimic power house that the US makes huge amounts of money off in trade. The amount of aid compared to the amount of money made by the US is tiny.

The same with Israel. The aid is nothing compared to the profit. I just can not believe that people think countries hand out aid and are not getting back a huge return. Nobody does anything out of the kindness of their hearts.

Yes - no one ever does anything out of the kindness of their heart; not where international relations are concerned any way. There is always a financial, or political gain - and those two usually go hand in hand.

I think a major problem is that there are so many anti-Israel rants on this web sight that cause people to hate Israel - when the majority of the time those rants are ill founded, not based in reality, or simply half truths.

Research is key to knowledge.

Being blindly lead to knowledge.... well that is how one becomes a sheep. And usually those sheep are pissed off sheep, and baaah at every thing they don't understand.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Has giving anyone money worked out so far, as far as profits in return ? It doesn't show in our national debt , some of the more intelligent congressmen and senators are against it. Why does Israel need our money anyway? Israel is a crappy ally if you ask me, I wish they would all blow .each other up since that's all they threaten to do, except for the rational people that live in the middle east and there are actually lots of them, just stuck in a hell hole.. ..

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Has giving anyone money worked out so far, as far as profits in return ? It doesn't show in our national debt , some of the more intelligent congressmen and senators are against it. Why does Israel need our money anyway? Israel is a crappy ally if you ask me, I wish they would all blow .each other up since that's all they threaten to do, except for the rational people that live in the middle east and there are actually lots of them, just stuck in a hell hole.. ..

The irony to your statement is that the very use of any money, even it circulating, makes the national debt worse – as our money system is based on a fiat money system, or a gigantic credit card….

We give aid to Israel to help them grow as a nation, in both military might and technological prowess. The reasons for this are simple: it provides us a distinct advantage in the middle-east, and keeps radical rulers in check.

Why is Israel a crappy ally? I hear this a lot, but no one can give a good reason why, except some lame rhetoric they have heard in other posts that they don’t fully understand.

Israel isn’t threatening to blow any one up, unless they threaten to blow Israel up.

If someone had their house threatened, and there were no cops to help, is that house wrong for threatening to meet the same level of destruction back to its source?

There is a reason people flock to Israel from all of the surrounding countries – because the only ones “stuck in a hell hole” are the ones that don’t live in Israel….

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

neo96

Erm Israel is the topic

If you actually AKSED! rather than twisted things to suite your own silly games Im sure many here would like to cancel aid to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan ect

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

crazyewok

neo96

Erm Israel is the topic

If you actually AKSED! rather than twisted things to suite your own silly games Im sure many here would like to cancel aid to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan ect

But why is Israel ALWAYS the topic?

Surly there are other nations, ones that receive more aid, that are more worthy of our time?

If the aid was truly the problem here, then Israel should not ALWAYS be at the top of the list to argue about.

Or perhaps some people have an agenda all of their own to push....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Erm Israel is the topic

Yep it is.

If you actually AKSED! rather than twisted things to suite your own silly games Im sure many here would like to cancel aid to Saudi Arabia, Pakistan ect -

Try again stating the fact that the US gives foreign aid for pretty much every country there is NOT twisting or playing 'silly' little games'.

That is calling it like it is.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Bujt you implied that in your useal patronsing tone that thsoe here on the thread are only anti aid to Isreal and cool with the rest of the foreign aid.

Now I for one am sick of seeing my country's aid go to all the corrupt and questionable country's.

And Im sure that stands for most here.

Yes we are anti aid to isreal but also anti aid to the Saudi Arabia , Pakistan and all the others.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

MentorsRiddle

Most people will just read a headline and then have a knee-jerk reaction, without examination of context so that they have another opportunity to throw a hissy fit over some non-existent injustice.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"Israel has a population of approximately 7.8 million, or a million fewer than the state of New Jersey. It is among the world's most affluent nations, with a per capita income similar to that of the European Union. Israel's unemployment rate of 5.6% is much better than America's 9.1%, and Israel's net trade, earnings, and payments is ranked 48th in the world while the US sits at a dismal 198th."

"Yet Israel receives approximately 10% of America's foreign aid budget every year. The US has, in fact, given more aid to Israel than it has to all the countries of sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and the Caribbean combined - which have a total population of over a billion people. And foreign aid is just one component of the staggering cost of our alliance with Israel."

source: www.informationclearinghouse.info...

edit on 2-4-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

MrSpad
US aid helped build South Korea into a modern econimic power house that the US makes huge amounts of money off in trade.

U.S. Goods Trade with Korea (in billions of dollars)

1980 +0.4
1985 -4.1
1990 -4.1
1994 -1.6
2000 -12.5
2008 -13.4
2009 -10.6
2010 -10.0
2011 -13.1
2012 -16.6
2013 -20.6

MrSpad also wrote

Nice to see somebody who understands foreign aid.

top topics

join