It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kazakhstan Prime Minister, entire cabinet resign amid Ukranian/NATO/Russian turmoil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I normally wouldn't be paying attention to any of this news. However, with where the country is geographically and what is currently going on geopolitically, I think this merits attention.

Obama and Putin have both had meetings with this government recently. More below.

According to the Constitution, the dismissal of the prime minister is followed by the resignation of the entire government.

Kazakhstan's Prime Minister Serik Akhmetov and his entire government resigned Wednesday, the authorities in the Central Asian country said.

Akhmetov told a cabinet meeting that his resignation had been granted by President Nursultan Nazarbayev, the government of the oil-exporting country said.

No reason was given for Akhmetov's abrupt dismissal, but President Nazarbayev has broad powers to change prime ministers at his choosing.

Obama's meeting:

In an addition to his public schedule, Obama sat down with Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev in a long room at the U.S. embassy, with the two countries' flags set up behind them. U.S. officials offered no details about the meeting's agenda, but Nazarbayev is part of a Russia-centered economic bloc focused on Eurasia.

Source

Putin's meeting:

President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin have discussed priorities of bilateral cooperation over the phone, Tengrinews reports citing the presidential website.

"Nursultan Nazarbayev and Vladimir Putin have a complete mutual understanding on all the aspects of the bilateral cooperation," the presidential press-service said.

Besides the bilateral cooperation priorities they talked about expanding trade, and improvement of their joint efforts in the Eurasian space, in particular their preparations for the meeting of the Supreme Eurasian Economic Council.

They exchanged opinions of the results of the recent Nuclear Security Summit in the Hague that President Nazarbayev attended.

Source

Original Article Source

So, what side is this move benefitting?
edit on 4/2/2014 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Wow.

Is this person being held accountable for the loss of Crimea? Is this a type of face-saving firing? OR, are they trying to plug someone in that will be more amiable toward a larger agreement with Russia, or an agreement with NATO?

This seems to be a fairly significant event.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is interesting....I have no clue what side this is benefiting.

I would guess it is benefiting the rich or powerful somewhere, not the common person. But then again, I can't say for sure from this limited amount of information they give out.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This benefits NO one, save the officials who have abandoned their countrymen
Another battleground between East and West.
edit on 2-4-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Just a guess but it looks like Akhmetov and company were maybe pro NATO and the president wasn't as sort of indicated in the calls with Putin. Almost looks like a flip flop as opposed to Crimea.

Just a guess though, that's all I've got.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What I find amazing is that this country followed their constitutional laws...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

cosmicexplorer
What I find amazing is that this country followed their constitutional laws...

Albeit screwy laws lol. What good is an elected prime minister and his government if the President just fires you when ever he wants. Kinda sounds like Russia lol. Putrid does what he wants without regard for treaty or rule of law. Lol

This guy wants alignment with Russia so they can control the price of gas. Like chechnia it is predominantly muslim however and putrid has trouble with them. In the end they don't want to bend to his will.

I am thankful I don't live in that part of the world, they are stuck between a rock and another rock lol.

The Bot

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

So, what side is this move benefitting?

His side.

top topics

join