It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elites Win Another Round: Court Strikes Down Donation Limits

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

xuenchen

MOMof3
reply to post by 3shadesofblack

That is whole point. Now even the small town/city politicians will be sucking up to big money now instead of their constituents. And the money can come from anywhere. Sure, a grocery store clerk in Smalltown can compete with outside Koch money.

Interesting.

How exactly will that affect elections?

It means people, and unions can give more money to buy their politicians.

But they cry about when them evil 'corporations' buy their poilticians.

I call that cognitive dissonance they are trying to stack the deck in their favor.

Because the only to 'people' who get to buy their politicians are unions, and people.

Really don't see the issue here because the guy sitting in the oval office who bought the last 2 elections.

Had ZERO problems raising 2 billion dollars to buy them.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

MOMof3
reply to post by xuenchen

Let's say, Duke Industries has run out of rivers to poison in the South.

So they head west to find other rivers to pollute. They find a sleepy little town in Idaho with a beautiful pristine river, perfect to pollute. But the taxes are too much, like a dollar. The best way to get those taxes lower and pollute the river, is to own the town by buying the one or two elected officials it has. I assume you are an adult and can take the story from there.

Oh.

Can we get some examples?

Sounds devastating !!!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The thing that has held unions back the last few years is money. They have wanted to expand their membership to small cities/towns for as long as I can remember. It should be interesting to see who wins the next few years, unions or corporations.

<< 1  2   >>

join