It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Many Ways Corporations Kill People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Today I am angry about how GM put me and everyone who rode in my car in danger even as my husband remained loyal to the US car maker.

So Many Ways Corporations Kill People

The GM recall represents once again how dishonest and greedy many, if not most, US corporations have become. And we have little trust that all the showy Congressional hearings demanding that CEOs appear and do the requisite groveling and apologizing for their failures will result in any long-term changes in the American corporate value structure. Human life — and everything else — comes second to profits.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hey, at least our criminal Congress called GM to a hearing. We're still waiting for "hearings" for Holder... and impeachment papers for Obama.

Sing it with me, folks. To the laaaaaaaand of the freeeeeee, and the hoooooome of the braaaaave...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by newsaddict

Even the movies have explained this to us, watch Fight Club, Ed Norton's character basically breaks it down for anyone watching. Unless they personally know the individual at risk, they don't care.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I’m curious…What do you want?

Would you like more government to protect us from ourselves?

…and I second Jon’s question: What about a hearing on Holder, Obama, Hillary, Benghazi, etc?? The REAL crooks are in DC, not at GM.

Who is responsible for more deaths? GM or Obama?

edit on 2-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Said it before & I'll say it again, they'll kil us all someday

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

...Human life — and everything else — comes second to profits.

Yep. It's the law.

Maybe we could change the law? Would that work for you? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

soficrow

Yep. It's the law.

That wouldn't be fun!!

Who would we demonize then????

edit on 2-4-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Aw c'mon. It's a bad law - ill-considered and damaging to everything and everyone except the corporations it protects. Needs killin or changin.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i've always found something archaic & horrible in the way a 'corporation' is another way of talking about 'bodies'

i think what quietspeech said was very insightful

edit on 2-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: kudo's

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

The GM recall represents once again how dishonest and greedy many, if not most, US corporations have become - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

WHAT ?

The US FEDERAL GOVERNMENT has been running GM for the past 6 years.

The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

'Asked'.

LOL right!
edit on 2-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

soficrow

Yep. It's the law.

Existing Laws are already ignored, so what's the point.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

GM will be responsible for more deaths in the long run than any 1 individual. They will be our beloved family, children and grand children, and friends. Neighbors.
edit on 3-4-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I agree that this recent revelation regarding GM is appalling.

On the other hand, it's really not that different than what happened back when somewhere around 27 people burned to death in their Ford Pintos because of a faulty fuel tank design. I think I remember there being an internal cost-benefit analysis done by Ford where they determined it would be cheaper to pay off the settlements to those killed or injured, than to impose a recall and fix the design flaw.

The sad part is that until we demand incarceration, (as opposed to monetary fines) for this type of callous indifference to human suffering, we really shouldn't expect them to change the way they do business. It's just basic corporate mentality.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Sorry but I have to lol as I actually know a Larry and Donna Smith.
Profit is the law, safety and consumer protections are optional.
Those top dogs are always hungry and require constant feeding.
I'm still trying to figure out how people can spend hundreds of millions annually and still need more.
They are clearly trying to fill a void in their lives, most likely decent human interaction.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

The movies and all other forms of media are used to manipulate attitudes to be more positive toward the corporations and governments and so on.

Since they allow little grains of truth to be seen by us, they can say in response to your calling them on it "You don't actually believe any of that stuff you see on TV do you?", and blow it off as fiction.

Corporations and governments themselves are legal fictions propped up by the ignorant "faith" of the masses of pseudo-retards who somehow actually think they think their own damn thoughts...

And then one must consider what one knows, thinks one knows or has been taught, consider who may have taught you what you know and why.

Very little of what people have been taught or conditioned to believe has been taught for unselfish purposes, regardless of whether those doing the teaching and / or conditioning are conscious of it.

Those cop shows seldom show police brutality or corruption, those doctor shows seldom show how heartless and greedy most doctors actually are, lawyer shows make manipulative scoundrels look like some kind of warped heroes
those shows like "West Wing" don't exactly show people the dark side of anything either.

You can probably catch my (thread) drift....

Believe what you want to believe but don't expect me to respect your beliefs any more than letting you believe what you want to believe without comment, respect my right not to comment....

Initially this was a reply to a specific post but wandered off reply to that post, anything I stated here was not pointed at anyone specific or to be offensive.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Profit is the law

Yes, profit IS the law. Corporate laws supposedly are designed to protect investors, but the way they're written and in the legal process, everything else takes a back seat - safety, environment, consumers, you name it. Time to rethink and rewrite those laws.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Corporations are legal fictional entities which have manipulated laws to benefit their bottom line by masquerading as having the right to personhood like you and I.

Their supposed "personhood" gives them the same rights as you and I, but they are actually nameless, soulless, immortal profit seeking machines (pursuit of profit=pursuit of happiness), when it comes to liability for damages caused in this endeavor they are not responsible for their actions like flesh and blood people are, since they are fictional people which relieves them of the majority of that liability.

It's very twisted and immoral....I don't care about the legality of it or how the legality of it is supported or by whom, wrong is wrong .

Corporations were unlawful for the majority of the time this country has been in existence and for good reason, they have always pulled these types of shenanigans and were a very large part of what started the revolutionary war.

Most corporations need to be gone and any which are required for the public good need to be reined in and controlled like they were in the past.
edit on 3-4-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Laws are written by those with the money to afford hiring lawyers to write them and lobby government officials to get the laws passed.

There is a reason people only get a cursory glance of how laws are written in school.

The rest of the control is influenced through fear and ignorance.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

soficrow

Yep. It's the law.

These are the laws I would like to see enforced on all elected and running candidates.

1. All candidates must use public money that is equally capped for each candidate. No private donations.

2. Stop all super pacs ,advertising , and private endorsements on private networks. They should be able to use government resources such as government websites,news stations,etc to get their message out with equal time.

3. All candidates must have open discussions with any and all private lobbying industry representatives . No behind closed door meetings.

4. For the next election All candidates can only discuss one issue and how they are going to fix it and or regulate it. The issue is lobbying and the influences that money has taken control of our congress and elected officials.

5. Congregational term limits.

If you don't fix the lobbying issue than nothing will change, period!!
edit on 16430America/ChicagoThu, 03 Apr 2014 11:16:10 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

The topic of this thread is corporations - and I was talking about corporate law. ....Corporate laws supposedly are designed to protect investors, but the way they're written and in the legal process, everything else takes a back seat - safety, environment, consumers, you name it. Time to rethink and rewrite those laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join