It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Be A Writer ?? Please Read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I get many U2Us asking about "writer" status, I hope this will help cut the number down a little.

If you wish to post in the Short Story Forum you do not need "writer" status, however, because of the collaborative nature of this forum "writer" status must be gained before you may post here. To get "writer" status you must;

a) Have been a member here at ATS for atleast a month.

b) Have posted regularly in that time.

c) Have not spammed or trolled the board in the past.

If you wish to become a "writer" and you meet these requirements then you should contact tothetenthpower or masqua via U2U.

These conditions are set so that members needn't worry about others spoiling their fun. In this forum particularly one idiot can spoil it for everyone.

If members who are "writers" already complain to me about any trolls ruining the fun of others I will investigate and remove the status of the troublemaker. There will be no second chances on these issues.

When push comes to shove this forum is for the use of similarly minded members who wish to have fun. Anyone spoiling that fun are out.

Any other questions about this forum please ask them here.

JB1

[edit on 7-6-2005 by John bull 1]
edit on 23/9/16 by masqua because: updated

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It seems to me that what we need is to get more people involved in Collabroative Fiction. I have been waiting for a long time for some of these stories to be continued by someone. Certainly, we don't need troublemakers, but some fresh blood and ideas are needed to keep the ball rolling in many threads.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
John Bull

I guess I posted in the wrong forum feel free to move it to short stories if you wish, I intended it to be the last part of a story I started there anyway.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
ive just becam one and i will be posting soon my short story is about a teen who can control the weather i will include pics as well

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hi, I really appreciate the quick response to my request to be a Writer, and the fact that you have even already entitled me as such.

However, I'm a bit lost. Where do I go from here? Am I supposed to meet other Writers and collaborate with them? Do I just start out with my own story?

I sure wouldn't mind a little help getting pointed in the right direction.

Thanks, I look forward to any response(s) I get.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It seems to me that what we need is to get more people involved in Collabroative Fiction. I have been waiting for a long time for some of these stories to be continued by someone.

I'm brand new. If you show me what needs to be looked at and possibly contributed to, I would be more than happy for you to help me get started.

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I can't even find this forum unless I click on whaaa's name and look at his recent posts and then click on one from this forum. Where is the link to this forum??

Am I a maroon?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

Try going to "Board" on the main menu. Scroll down until you find short
stories, or collaborative writing, or whatever you want. Click on it.

You are not a maroon! (Moron?)

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
In Australia, Maroon = Moron anyway, so it is all good!

(Apologies to my Queensland bretheren!)

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you have requested Writer's status to me via u2 over the past month and have not received a response as of yet, please resend your request via u2. Your request was lost in the u2 system error while I was away on vacation. I'll try to honor your requests as quickly as possible.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Hey guys im a new "Writer" if you need help writing anything or collecting information im here for you!

Thanks for the opertunity!

Unubuh xx

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I think I may have put one in the wrong area.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where should poetry/prose be placed?

Thanks

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

It's fine in Collaborative Wrriting.

top topics

join