It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble beleiving the Sphinx is only 3,500 years old.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

mysterioustranger
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Im not sure how much research youve done on this. A lot of different members here have provided you with some info and videos ascerting to your claim.

I think now-a-days, its generally accepted that the Sphynx is way older than what was beleived even 5 years ago. And the newer textbooks in schools are beginning to accept that.*

*Some geologic work has proved water erosion top to bottom with run-off ruts in the sides., with that alone occuring around 7,500-12,000 years ago I believe.

Well your only partially right it was water erosion only its only on one wall and it doesnt redate the sphinx.It is explained the sphinx isnt 12000 years old, It was built the same time as the rest of the giza plateau. It dates to 2500 BC and its perfectly explainable especially since it was only one wall of the inclosure. Here is a good rundown of all the tests and conclusions the guys a bit dull but he explains it to you.

ancientaliensdebunked.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Im the first one to admit...the jury is still out for the study on it. One day, we may all be surprised at its age, intentions...and builders!

Thanks very much MS

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I bet there were books in that bum-rushed library in Alexandria that would have detailed just what was going on with the Sphinx and the pyramids. They probably kept the good stuff in a safe room too, guarded over by large men with clubs.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

That's what I imagine. The builders of the pyramids were out of the league of dynastic Egypt. It can't be explained as being made after then, only before. Isn't this common sense? How is this even disputable? It really isn't, only foolish arguments are a dispute.
edit on 5-4-2014 by On7a7higher7plane because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I agree with that. And who knows? They say the Library of Alexandria may...MAY...have been spirited away before its destruction. What wonders must have been in it!

Maybe someday...we'll know?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

Completely my thoughts. But, more and more is being learned all the time, and maybe in our lifetime we'll see whats up with the "Hall of Records" supposedly under the Giza plateau. And maybe more chambers yet undiscovered in the pyramids have the answers. I'd like to see those discovered and opened.

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: oops

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Aleister

I bet there were books in that bum-rushed library in Alexandria that would have detailed just what was going on with the Sphinx and the pyramids. They probably kept the good stuff in a safe room too, guarded over by large men with clubs.

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat and even give you odds.

Why would a Greek library contain info about Ancient Egyptian constructions that occurred 2300 years before the library even existed?

Herodotus (and hundreds of other Greeks) went to Egypt 200 years before the Library was even concieved of. Odd, isn't it, that the Egyptians of Herodotus' time didn't know how the pyramids were built? How could this be, and 200 years later suddenly all this info is stored in Alexandria?

Harte

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Right if only Egypt's government wasn't such a stickler we could do some serious digging.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

On7a7higher7plane

Right if only Egypt's government wasn't such a stickler we could do some serious digging.

There's serious digging going on there as we speak. All the more "serious," given the political situation. You can find a fairly recent partial listing here.

Hell, you yourself can even join several of the teams digging there. You might like this one.

Harte

top topics

<< 1   >>

join