It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tattoo of the angel Michael on an Egyptian mummy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere

Stormdancer777

LightningStrikesHere

Stormdancer777

LightningStrikesHere
How ...do they get an angel out of that ?

And Michael at that?

Interesting...

As deciphered by curators, the tattoo on her thigh, written in ancient Greek, reads Μιχαήλ, transliterated as M-I-X-A-H-A, or Michael.

That's all I can tell you.

Humm i would like to see how they came to that conclusion

Do you have another theory?

Do you know the translation?

I don't , and i do not specialize in symbolism deciphering.

I just want to see the process of how they came to their conclusion..

They turned a symbol into another language.. I just want to know how...

Here is another hope it is helpful

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The naturally-preserved remains of a Sudanese woman were excavated in 2005, but new investigations have revealed a tattoo located on her inner thigh which symbolizes the Archangel Michael, according to Live Science.

"This is the first example of a tattoo on a Sudanese mummy from the medieval period," Daniel Antoine, the curator of physical anthropology at the British Museum, told The Telegraph. "And the tattoo itself is remarkable because it's actually a monogram, which is the letters for the word 'Michael' in Greek compressed into a symbol."

www.livescience.com...

Researchers at the British Museum have interpreted the tattoo as a monogram for the archangel Michael, stacking the ancient Greek letters spelling Michael (M-I-X-A-H-A), The Telegraph reported. Archaeologists have previously found the symbol emblazoned on church mosaics and artifacts, but never before on human flesh.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
youtu.be...

Looking for a mosaic

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Found this

good night

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't see any reason why "angels" haven't visited all cultures at one time or another. Because this one has a tattoo of one doesn't really speak to much more than that. Or who knows? Angels love earth women… right?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

maybe it was a hub n wife those names might have been regular people names back then right?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

They need to go get their own girls ours are taken. But really do you think angels go around willy nilly hanging out with people? I'm pretty sure they're all business.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

intrptr

I don't see any reason why "angels" haven't visited all cultures at one time or another. Because this one has a tattoo of one doesn't really speak to much more than that. Or who knows? Angels love earth women… right?

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

This scripture right here is the very scripture that made me start searching ancient text for answers.

KJV
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Who were they?

edit on 113030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by On7a7higher7plane

They need to go get their own girls ours are taken. But really do you think angels go around willy nilly hanging out with people? I'm pretty sure they're all business.

Lol… not your girl, I am told they have ethics.

My understanding is from the Bible and some from the Not Bible. Enoch or whatever says that angels laid with women whom they found "exceedingly fair" and taught them spell making and how to forge weapons? Okay that was rumor #1.

The other is the story of Lot where the two visitors weren't recognizable as angels --clue #2.

The third I can think of off the cuff is that Jesus was a stranger to those he knew after he rose from the dead.

This leads me to believe that angels appear as humans no different than any of us. Except in "visions' and dreams or those times they "show off".

I have also seen ghosts on occasion that appear to me to be as solid and real as you and I.

And I agree with you, sometimes they mean business. I hope they play and joke about, too.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Who were they?

I don't remember where but I read speculation that Goliath (of David and Goliath) was one such descendant. I heard he had brothers that were big as him.

Maybe the tallest people today have some of those repressed genes in their DNA?

Just speculating of course.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

intrptr

Who were they?

I don't remember where but I read speculation that Goliath (of David and Goliath) was one such descendant. I heard he had brothers that were big as him.

Maybe the tallest people today have some of those repressed genes in their DNA?

Just speculating of course.

I think I recall hearing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Does anybody know how accurate the analysis of the age of these mummies would be?

thanks

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 083030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

On7a7higher7plane
reply to post by intrptr

Depends on the angel and the reasons they are on earth.

edit on 2-4-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My theory on this mysterious tattoo is that this achient man was apart of any old catholic cult who were spies who infiltrated other governments and religion. 1300 years ago the Church was like any other government and was stronger than most nations. It is just my honest opinion.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My hypothesis: the Archangel Michael was an actual ruling Lord, and his slaves had his name tattooed on their skin just like slaves today have bars on their necks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

intrptr

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

This scripture right here is the very scripture that made me start searching ancient text for answers.

KJV
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Who were they?

edit on 113030p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

The nephilim are the sons and daughters of the fallen angels, or watchers. this part"when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them" the sons of god are the fallen angels, and their children are the nephilim/giants.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

soficrow

My hypothesis: the Archangel Michael was an actual ruling Lord, and his slaves had his name tattooed on their skin just like slaves today have bars on their necks.

I have often thought a lot of this was about actual rulers or scribes and priest

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Love reading about women with tattoos throughout the ages. I'm thinking she was either a slave or Michael was the patron for her family's line of work or possibly the name of someone she loved.

I am a heavily tattooed woman and only 3 of mine have some deeper meaning, the rest I have because I like the image or whatever it is I'm getting tattooed. Often times people with few to no tattoos expect them the have a message, not all do.

S&F

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

My understanding is that there are hierarchies. The world is run in a sort of mirrored fashion, many lower order angels represented by single higher order angels. The world perceived by man is like the funhouse of crazy mirrors. It's so confusing that you can't even see what is actually being reflected. But you have reference points that give you a vague idea. Anyway when it comes to the story of angels getting it on with girls, I think that would be a low physical form of angel. These kinds are sort of banned from Earth ATM, the ones that are represented by our religion are straight business reps. That's what me thinks.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Really? That was just her baby daddy or pimp marking his territory.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Neat, but there doesn't seem much to theorize about - She was part of a Christian community and had a tattoo. End of story?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join