It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Marathon bombing victim sues Glenn Beck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

abdctd
Sounds ike a money grab to me. Dude needs to man up and get over it.

Rather it was Beck making the money grab by activating the islamophobe bat-signal and triggering the witch hunt mentality.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

This morning I watched the replay of the the President in the Rose Garden proclaiming they hadn't spent millions in advertising against Obama Care, and never being challenged for the truth. They have spent 100's of millions.

I find it amazing we have the biggest bunch of liars in history of the United States, and so many of you are going after Beck?
At least Beck closes with the phrase don't believe me check for yourself. As far as I am concerned if the batting average of the POTUS is ever compared to Beck in terms of truth or predictions, then the POTUS is the strikeout king. This president and his
non-transparent administration can't spell the truth let alone speak it.

If lawsuits are the answer to liars Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi could tie up the courts for years, or at the minimum these two could go before a judge for a Psychiatric Assessment.

Defamation?? How about a drone rocket killing a US citizen without a trial and approving the order? How do you sue POTUS over that? Constitution what constitution? If lying was a pill Obama would be the pharmacist. I thought Bush and his cronies were bad they don't hold a candle compared to these guys. Beck doesn't even show on the radar.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Kali74
Rather it was Beck making the money grab by activating the islamophobe bat-signal and triggering the witch hunt mentality.

Well .. the investigation DID lead to two extremist Muslims.
I don't know if 'Islamophobe' works in this case.
But ... the guy obviously wasn't one of the perps. So I think he may have a case.
And I'd think that the two fellas who were on the cover of that NY Post could have a case too.
Remember them? Two innocent guys with backpacks on the cover with the speculation
that they could be the ones ....

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
So does that mean he can sue members of ats?

If I remember correctly a lot of arm chair detectives here were making accusations about other possible suspects when the story first broke.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Wasn't this the guy who was going to be or was deported or not under section 212 3B security and related grounds (terroist activities).??

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Destinyone
reply to post by daaskapital

We are talking about the Saudi National who made multiple visits to the White House before the bombing, who was on a terrorist watch list for a time, and Michelle Obama visited in the hospital after the bombing. I'm sure he has the backing of the White House in his suit against Glenn Beck.

Saudi national Ali Al-Harbi has visited the White House multiple times since 2009
Posted on Apr 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM in Politics www.dcclothesline.com...

Maybe this explains why FLOTUS came to visit AbdulRahman Ali Al-Harbi in the hospital. Turns out he’s been to the White House a few times:

Al-Harbi even posted pics of Michelle visiting him in the hospital on his FB pg. Though she didn't visit other people injured in the bombing.
therightscoop.com...

I guess he'll have to sue Janet Napolitano who told the press he was indeed on a terrorist watch list for a period of time.

This will be fun to watch...

Des

well this should be interesting, sure hope this is shown live on court tv or hln !

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that someone might sue Beck for this. It also doesn't surprise me that the media is amplifying the "defamation" angle. In the interest of keeping us informed, naturally.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Just because Glenn Beck and Alex Jones were combing through every Boston Marathon photos, with their magnifying glass looking for turbans...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

jimmyx

bobs_uruncle

Zcustosmorum
reply to post by daaskapital

Damn right, every right to sue, defamation is a serious offence as far as I'm concerned

edit on 1-4-2014 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

So is treason, so why aren't politicians being charged?

Cheers - Dave

because this thread is about glen beck being sued for slander and defamation, start another thread about treason.

This is simply an observation. It would appear it is justifiable to prosecute a civil case involving alleged defamation, but not justifiable to prosecute a criminal case involving alleged, but apparently provable, treason. In either case both situations should be justifiably actionable.

ETA: I might add that the Glenn Beck situation involves two people, treason by government officials involves ALL of us.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/2.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah. They're suing The NY Daily Post.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Kali74
Yeah. They're suing The NY Daily Post.

Good for them. What the NY Post did was dangerous. I know that news places like to 'get the scoop', but the guys they put on the cover were in serious danger from mob mentality revenge. Those guys are lucky they didn't get seriously hurt.

I found the story -

Huffington Post - 'Bag Men' sue New York Post

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah. It's sad at a time when Journalists are coming under fire, that you have people like Murdoch and Beck giving the 'enemy' fodder. Both put people in danger with their all Muslims are a threat agenda's... whether or not Islamic extremism was the root cause or not, it's no justification for broad brush painting.

Anywho... I don't know that Islamic extremist in the terms we're familiar with (al-qaeda, Bin Laden) applies. The Tsarnaevs were a messed up bunch. Tamerlan was, apparently, a schizophrenic (untreated) who turned to Islam to rid himself of demons. Here's an interesting work-up on the family, if you're curious.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Interesting little chat that rings in an old tune from history. Play it again Sam! Populist Nationalism on such a grand and publicly sanctioned scale always brings the fluorescent reminiscence of the romantic ideological revolutions of the thirties. Undoubtedly, the neo-fascists will come to the same fate as did the Nazis.

It shouldn't be a stretch to imagine the number of people flagged by various US agencies for merely being openly antagonistic of strategic oil policy. I know a little something about it. Middle Asians have been under such abhorrent cultural attack for the past decade, their existence might as well be held in contempt of court. It reeks of Afro-American and Native American disenfranchisement or let's just say a counter terrorist operation that helps public opinion get in line with the current status-quo.

At the height of the Iraq conflict I spoke with Mr. Beck about the over zealous righteousness and unseemly racial stereotyping in his true provocateur style. He replied, "...well, if that means you're defending terrorists, then you are doing something wrong". His incompetence as a pseudo protagonist has likely contributed to the deprivation of many relationships and cultural opportunities.

Wisdom stands at the turn in the road and calls upon us publicly, but we consider it false and despise its adherents. Kahlil Gibran

PS I was egged on to post here because of all the great comments, oh and this is my first post. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join