It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New excuse for infidelity-I can't help it it's in my genes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This may help explain how some people can remain faithful to their spouses, while others can't help but cheat. This study also said that upbringing and enviroment also may play a role.

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Genetic factors influence female infidelity and the number of sexual partners women have, British scientists said on Wednesday.

They studied the responses of 1,600 pairs of identical and non-identical twins in a confidential survey to look at the impact of genes on behaviour.

www.cnn.com...

"We found that around 40 percent of the influence on the number of sexual partners and infidelity were due to genetic factors," Professor Tim Spector, director of the Twin Research Unit at St Thomas' Hospital in London, told a news conference.

Genetic influence plays a big role in every aspect of our lives, it only makes sense that this would pertain to our sexual sides too.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The urge to cheat is in almost every male. Some of us just learned to care about feelings and a bit of self control. Its no excuse.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Quest i couldent aggree MORE . Yes Alll women and men get the erge to cheat as we call it . But all women and men also get the arrge to KILL as well even if they cant admite it.
does this mean we HAVE to cheat or kill ? No because we are sop to have intellegence .In other words we can think about it . Man am i ever pissed at here saying cindy I wish she was dead. We our cindy has just had the erge to kill does cindy go and kill the person of her affections? 99% of the time no . She thinks about it a minit and relizes the out come isent worth it.
Now if this was two dogs instead I assure one going to be herting. The cant think about the possible out comes they only know there pissed .
Now I see a girl in a string becine and my heart skips a beet and a though flys through my head in a split second Id love to have her!
But I love my wife and children VERY much so this only happens very rarly because I think moslty of my wife even when that other girl is there most of the time .And even though the errge may flash through my head once in a wile I stop Like hitting a brik wall and keep thinking of my wife trying to STOP it from ever happing EVER by think of how to stop it.
Im 40 now back when I was 30 it mite have happened once twice a month now its down to once twice a year and hopfull if im strong enough the day will FINLY come when it never happens again .I realy love my wife.
Ps watched my wife the last 12 years and KNOW for a FACT it happenes and has happened to her as well with looking at other men .But I made sure she know it was happening so she could THINK and stop her self .
Now its very rare for her as well .
Pss My wife probly would have stoped her self without my input im sure but theres no point in taking the risk when all it taks is a yes hun I see that guy as well he is cute but look at me.
Psss wife has said once or twice ( yes hun I see that girl she is cute but look at me . Bless her heart.
Psss this works GREAT forget all about the other person and only see your TRUE mate then if you realy love them that is.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's probably in my genes to go scavenge for berries and hunt for food, but I'm not eating out of anyone's trashcan or gnawing at the wildlife in my back yard. It's in our genes to reproduce, and to find mates, but we have control and responsibility over our own behavior, and can act accordingly.

Perhaps it's more a genetic tendency to not control oneself or to not have regard for consequences that lead some to cheat instead of a 'cheating' gene.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I would bet that the gene causes higher hormone levels, resulting in an increased libido, rather than infidelity persay.

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes, I got another reason to cheat my future partners.

Just kidding.

Genes only play part of a role.

Surf

top topics

join