It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pattern of Earth Quakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Every time there has been a major EarthQuake along the Ring of Fire, there was a smaller yet significant Earthquake somewhere else on the plate(s) usually in the America region.

We just had a moderately sized Earth Quake strike L.A. and now today we have an 8.0 (another i should say) strike Chile!

I recall a moderately sized earthquake on the west coast day(s) before the one in Japan, the one in New Zealand, and the last time there was an 8+ in Chile.

I'm starting to think these smaller earth quakes are signs of stress being redirected elsewhere on the plate.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

How is it that "I'm starting to think these smaller earth quakes are signs of stress being redirected elsewhere on the plate."...is just occuring to you?

That is how its been always, with major and minor variations in location, durations and intensity. They can all be related to anywhere all lines to not related at all.

So...the "Im STARTING to think...." line...I thought this was always obvious???

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Obvious to you maybe, but not to the rest of the population. Some of us have our heads buried in other topics - some you might not find so 'obvious'.

That aside, it has seemed to me for a while now, that the intensity of earthquakes, and corresponding aftershocks at other locations seem to have increased in frequency and/or magnitude. My thought along this line is that there might well be something on a celestial level (such as a change in the gravitational fields within the solar system - i.e. moving closer to another star, or a rogue planet moving into the system, etc.) that is having quite an effect on the Earth. Also, that this 'effect' is causing the interior of the planet to be pulled and pushed about which has increased the number and magnitued of quakes around the globe.

Failng that, it could well be that the interior of the planet is changing/cooling/heating up/etc. and this is having the required effect to increase quakes.

Whatever it is, I hope that it stops soon, because the number of quakes and the places we seem to be getting them is getting to be quite problematic. My thoughts are certainly with those who have been affected by any of the monster earthquakes that seem to be happening more and more frequently... such as the recent one in South America that's 8.3 at last check.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Next up: 9.0 CASCADIA!!! =0

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

mysterioustranger

How is it that "I'm starting to think these smaller earth quakes are signs of stress being redirected elsewhere on the plate."...is just occuring to you?

That is how its been always, with major and minor variations in location, durations and intensity. They can all be related to anywhere all lines to not related at all.

So...the "Im STARTING to think...." line...I thought this was always obvious???

Not all of us are know it all's so its not that obvious to everyone, me included.

S&F OP i had this same thought and im starting too think it might just be normal. There always has been earthquakes always will be,its hard to make a pattern though but thats a good observation and a good point.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Its part of the processes of earthquakes we all learned about in school.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

Ok...again. Its HIGH SCHOOL we learn this in...unless of course...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm sure you did learn it in "high school". However, for people from different countries, levels of education, backgrounds, interests, and so on, it might not be that others have come into contact with this concept.

Certainly when I did 'geography' at school we didn't learn about this particular aspect of earthquakes. In fact the one thing I remember most about geography was glaciation, and ice ages - but that's because it interested me.

Additionally, earthquakes weren't something I was interested in back in school, so it might have been something I was taught, but don't remember. Same with the OP.

Either way, the idea of quakes having corresponding aftershocks is fascinating to me these days, and something I'd love to know more about. If you have any links you'd like to share, seeing as you seem to konw something of this topic, I would love to see.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Don't be jealous, you will get a big quake in Cali shortly.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

there is also a lot of evidence of a relationship between solar flares and earthquakes

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There is no doubt that quakes trigger quakes - and the same dynamic is involved with seismic testing, fracking and so on. ....Discerning the "pattern" if there is one would be a huge step in prediction.

F&S

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

No offense was ment if taken as such. There are a lot of books and research on this subject one can find on the topic.

Continue researching the "PACIFIC RING OF FIRE". Interesting how these volcanos and faults thousands of miles from each other along along ocean and continental lines... exhibits(as youve suggested) incidents occuring along those lines prior to, during and after earthquakes.

such as the California large quake a couple days ago, followed yesterday and today by another thousands of miles away, but along some basic faults in Chile.

Thank you for the reply, again...no offense meant to you or anyone else! MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

No offence taken. In fact, I appreciate the fact that we could have a reasoned and sensible discussion. It's what makes ATS a great place to come and share ideas and thoughts.

I'll certainly take a look at what you've suggested. Thanks!

Best wishes,

DN.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

i'm 44. highschool was a long time ago. i also learned the pythagorean theorem but i don't remember that any more than i remember what i learned about quakes and the ring of fire. i wish i did remember everything...... but i don't.

i appreciate the thoughts in the OP.

top topics

join