It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average Human: 2-meters tall, 120-year lifespan, and Brown-skinned by 3000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

My Guess ...

Average Human in the year 3000 - VERY hard to find. Maybe even extinct.
I doubt this planet can continue on as it is with us humans the way we are.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

SaturnFX
I suspect a large part of humanity will look like data packets. We are self evolving now, nature will most likely be taken out of the equasion well before a thousand years from now.
So, mechanical or simply energy would be my guess...uploaded people with a lifespan that is without any real measure...

Exactly. I think the proposed future of humanity in the OP would be possible if maybe we had some huge post-apocalyptic dark age for a thousand years or so.

Our own advancements (if left on-track) will render us into beings that would be unrecognizable to us in a thousand years. We will evolve however we decide to at that point.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Only if we make it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

From now (2014) to 3006 is not a long of time in terms of evolution. Just look at that picture, it took 500,000 years for humans to evolve from their previous from to the humans of today and in only about 1000 years this evolution will happen this quickly? I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you people get the fact that this is a joke? Spare all of us your conjecture. The so-called author himself has disavowed this. Stop it, you're embarrassing yourselves.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This doesn't seem like much of a revelation? 2 meters isn't much different from now. 120 year average lifespan is attainable this century. We are already a species which is a collection of shades of brown, so with global travel and broadening societal norms, those shades homogenizing into something more consistent is a given.

I don't see this as a prediction for the year 3000, more like a prediction for the year 2130.

This is kind of like the other threads predicting earthquakes in California and tornadoes in the Midwest.

And, this isn't "evolution," because it isn't a change in genetics, it is a change in technology and breeding.

It will be evolution if, by the year 3000, we are running at 50 mph due to elongated limbs and denser tendons, or if we are communicating telepathically due to genetic mutations in our brain, or we are immune to cancer and radiation because our bodies have mutated to accept the pollution of our planet and our eroding ozone. That is evolution. If we morph into a new type of species more suited to our changing environment then we have evolved, but not if we just interbreed and take better care of ourselves through medicine and technology.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

FlyersFan

My Guess ...

Average Human in the year 3000 - VERY hard to find. Maybe even extinct.
I doubt this planet can continue on as it is with us humans the way we are.

I agree on the pessimistic approach. At the current rate autism is increasing by the year 3000 nearly every child born will have it. That is if nukes, solar radiation, or an asteroid/comet haven't destroyed us all first.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Nonsense. Ogranic beings such as humans, animals and insects are not affected by evolution. Well to put it simply it doesn't exist for humans. I can prove it right now to everybody...can anybody give me an example of evolution in a organic being going on RIGHT NOW.......fossil records don't count since it is not right now.

We are the only beings as far as we know that are conscious. If you look around you all the animals in the world are not conscious like we are. A dog or a cat doesn't ask "Why am I here?" an animal is always aware but he is not conscious. So basically we are abominations we shouldn't even exist if you look at nature. How can a stupid brain (ape) turn into a smart conscious brain (human) by evolution?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

junglimogli
This is a more realistic scenario ..

That picture gave me a good laugh.

Nah, but in all seriousness, either the human race will have caused it's own extinction, or colonization of other planets will of already of happened by the year 3000.

Not to mention the fact that our own planet might kill us off, with all the activity going on lately.

-Shady

top topics

<< 1   >>

join