It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average Human: 2-meters tall, 120-year lifespan, and Brown-skinned by 3000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Well, what if the human species continues evolving like it has since almost 60 MILLION years ago when the first primates appeared on earth, and evolved into apes, australopithecus, and ultimately the homos.

Why ultimately? What's to say humankind does not have a long way to go? I mean, why didnt we just stop at homo habilus, then?

Sure, with the age of air travel, the is no more geographic isolation of human earthlings. Does that mean ZERO evolution will take place? If someone traveled back in time (or a more evolved race visited earth) and provided australopithecus a street connecting all continents, would a sentient species of hominids ever evolved?

Are we as good as it gets? I'm not good at math nor memorizing stuff but whats to say it isn't practical for humanity to somehow evolve into earthling 'SPOCK's?

www.theage.com.au...

HUMANS will grow to an average of two metres, live to the age of 120 and all have brown skin by 3000.

Oliver Curry, of the Darwin@LSE research centre at the London School of Economics, said on Monday racial differences would become less pronounced, thanks to trends in nutrition, medicine and migration.

Dr Curry predicted humans would decline physically and lose key social and interactive skills because of an over-dependence on technology and medical interventions.

By the year 102,000, humans will have split into two sub-species — the "genetic haves" and the "genetic have-nots". Dr Curry, who was commissioned to do the study of how humans would evolve over the next 1000, 10,000 and 100,000 years

Dr Curry said humans would reach physical peak about 3000, with improved nutrition and understanding of the human body. Men would reach average heights of between 1.83 and 2.13 metres.

Physical features would evolve to emphasise features valued in the opposite sex by men and women looking for potential mates, such as health, youth and fertility.

Men would have more symmetrical facial features, squarer jaws, deeper voices and be better endowed. Women would have large, clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, more symmetrical features and hairless skin.

Variations in skin colouring were expected to be smoothed out, with most humans moving towards a brown tone. "Race is only skin deep," Dr Curry told Britain's Sun newspaper. "There was a time when we were all the same colour. As we become more interconnected throughout the world, racial difference is likely to be diluted."

By about the year 12,000, he said, communication skills and emotional capabilities such as love, sympathy, trust and respect would have diminished, eroding the abilities of humans to care for others or perform in teams.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Interesting, makes sense.

Started as a few. Separated by water creating the four big ones: red, white, black, yellow.
Water no longer an issue eventually mixing us all into one again.

The size thing gets me though, how did they come up with that?
Oh and I forgot the effects of de-evolution, the survival of the fittest no longer matters. I don't think they factored that in. . .
edit on 4/1/2014 by AnteBellum because: add

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Since we are apparently putting forth our guesses at how humans might look in a millennium (pretty sweet gig he got to get paid for this but, hey), I think cats will evolve to hover but, won't scratch furniture anymore.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

I want like 20 of those! Soooo cute!

Do you think PETA would be upset if I start chopping legs off cats and hanging them by fishing line?

I wonder what I would do with all those fluffy legs. . .

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think it's was more of a Coffee colour, and this being based on the fact that if the planet interbreeds all our skin Completions would mix to this colour

This study however was done based on/within the multi cultural western world where all races mix and live in harmony

But I'd actually question the outcome given recent events, I think certainly there will be a separate race of North Koreas who refused to integrate into a modern world

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

greencmp

Since we are apparently putting forth our guesses at how humans might look in a millennium (pretty sweet gig he got to get paid for this but, hey), I think cats will evolve to hover but, won't scratch furniture anymore.

We don't all kick our cats you know, so why would mine turn into a football?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Interesting. I thought it was odd that someone from the London School of Economics would word these things the way he did. That's an old story by the way, how did you come across it? Anyway, this is what I found:

phys.org...

In the summer of 2006 I was commissioned by Bravo Television to write an essay on the future of human evolution. The essay was intended as a science fiction way of illustrating some aspects of evolutionary theory.

Bravo then sent out a press release on the essay, but did not release the essay itself. As a result, a wildly distorted version of what I had written ended up being reported as science fact in the media. I do not endorse the content of these media reports.

His not so veiled reference to Elois and Morlocks made me wonder just a wee bit what was up.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Haha wowawewa! Very nice!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I suspect a large part of humanity will look like data packets. We are self evolving now, nature will most likely be taken out of the equasion well before a thousand years from now.
So, mechanical or simply energy would be my guess...uploaded people with a lifespan that is without any real measure...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Need some help? With that many poof ball kitties floating around, there is probably some money in there somewhere. lol

CAPITALISM FTW!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Considering Toba the super volcano just about ended mankind 70,000 years ago you have to wonder "will man be alive in the year 2525" and if so will the survivors be isolated bands scratching for their daily bread ? There are a few things that can close the curtain on the whole 120 years longevity thingy... Hope not, for all that has been before will have been for naught...

We need a fleet of Enterprise Star Ships or something bigger and better for when this egg cracks mankind will hatch and fulfill our destiny to seek out and explore the universe or perish..

The earth will not sustain life forever, especially with the way we are destroying our environment.
edit on 1-4-2014 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

By about the year 12,000, he said, communication skills and emotional capabilities such as love, sympathy, trust and respect would have diminished, eroding the abilities of humans to care for others or perform in teams.

I disagree with this part. Humans would not survive as long as he is proposing without love, trust, and empathy. Think of a child growing up without love. It won't happen (children learn through feelings before they learn through thought). Also - just because many will sit behind a screen for interaction more often than face to face doesn't mean the ability to work together will vanish.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
This article is 8 years old and has been thoroughly ripped to shreds on many occasions throughout the years.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

greencmp

I nearly died with laughter

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

gardener
Well, what if the human species continues evolving like it has since almost 60 MILLION years ago when the first primates appeared on earth, and evolved into apes, australopithecus, and ultimately the homos.

Why ultimately? What's to say humankind does not have a long way to go? I mean, why didnt we just stop at homo habilus, then?

Sure, with the age of air travel, the is no more geographic isolation of human earthlings. Does that mean ZERO evolution will take place? If someone traveled back in time (or a more evolved race visited earth) and provided australopithecus a street connecting all continents, would a sentient species of hominids ever evolved?

Are we as good as it gets? I'm not good at math nor memorizing stuff but whats to say it isn't practical for humanity to somehow evolve into earthling 'SPOCK's?

www.theage.com.au...

HUMANS will grow to an average of two metres, live to the age of 120 and all have brown skin by 3000.

Oliver Curry, of the Darwin@LSE research centre at the London School of Economics, said on Monday racial differences would become less pronounced, thanks to trends in nutrition, medicine and migration.

Dr Curry predicted humans would decline physically and lose key social and interactive skills because of an over-dependence on technology and medical interventions.

By the year 102,000, humans will have split into two sub-species — the "genetic haves" and the "genetic have-nots". Dr Curry, who was commissioned to do the study of how humans would evolve over the next 1000, 10,000 and 100,000 years

Dr Curry said humans would reach physical peak about 3000, with improved nutrition and understanding of the human body. Men would reach average heights of between 1.83 and 2.13 metres.

Physical features would evolve to emphasise features valued in the opposite sex by men and women looking for potential mates, such as health, youth and fertility.

Men would have more symmetrical facial features, squarer jaws, deeper voices and be better endowed. Women would have large, clear eyes, pert breasts, glossy hair, more symmetrical features and hairless skin.

Variations in skin colouring were expected to be smoothed out, with most humans moving towards a brown tone. "Race is only skin deep," Dr Curry told Britain's Sun newspaper. "There was a time when we were all the same colour. As we become more interconnected throughout the world, racial difference is likely to be diluted."

Is that evolution of man picture from the Euro-Centric book of Imperial history?

Dont mean to rain on anyones parade but the "average" Homo-Sapien today IS Browny/Yellow, not White.
(Based on population numbers from China, India and Africa as a percentage of total population).

So in fact people might (and that is only a might given that Chinese people who make up half the worlds pop are on average shorter ) be a bit taller.

Nonsense story.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

But who is to assume that the "whole planet" will interbreed? There will always be people who stick with their own race. Always. Look how long humans have been on earth; There are still loads of different races. I'd be willing to bet that it will always be the way it is now.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmmm.. how did they decide the colour of the skin for the "NOW" category? lol

I think the person in the future might be a bit shorter.. like 5'7(mix of Chinese short, Indian medium, African Tall)... tho i think the skin would be brokn or tan.

but...

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Fylgje
reply to post by TritonTaranis

But who is to assume that the "whole planet" will interbreed? There will always be people who stick with their own race. Always. Look how long humans have been on earth; There are still loads of different races. I'd be willing to bet that it will always be the way it is now.
edit on 2-4-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

Well, Biologically looking(animals don't have "race").... they normally mate to acquire strong genes, so the pool becomes stronger and stronger(weak dying off)... when you breed in the "same race", its almost like interbreeding(in a larger picture). You keep repeating the same pattern again and again.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
We're not going to all be browned skinned. The diversity is carrying on. Most people are not intermarrying.

And evolution was guided intelligently. Like ET genetic labs....so, it depends. All that radiation spewing out of Fukushima needs to be cleaned up. 6 possible china syndroms, may not be lending a good hand to positive future genetic traits.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is a more realistic scenario ..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join